Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAHAHAHahahahahah...ha..

I know a few bards who would like to proove you otherwise, me being one of them.
I think necros are slightly more versatile than bards.. with the ability to rez.. fd.. summon.. gate.. bind.. etc.

Bard is my main as well.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Honestly it just depends on the situation. bards are useful in all situations. but they dont have any last minute save the day abilities like necros do
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Weren't mod rods droppable in early Velious? I seem to remember piles of these things all over the place, and clerics using them like a fat kid eating candy. With the no-drop flag it makes necros that much more important.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weren't mod rods droppable in early Velious? I seem to remember piles of these things all over the place, and clerics using them like a fat kid eating candy. With the no-drop flag it makes necros that much more important.
Yes, they were droppable. In NTOV, you amassed piles of them prior to the bigger fights.

Necros were still valuable, but certainly more so after the mod-rod nerf (which I believe occurred during Luclin.)
Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you're raiding:

Yeah modrod nerf was in Luclin and basically made the expansion playable by halving everything's hitpoints. Until then, twitch really isn't amazing since stockpiles of modrods cover CHeal/Dragonsbane costs.

IMO, Necros main job in Velious was CR. Whether that involves clicking their conjure corpse robes at ToV entrance when some idiot monk/sk gets brings a dragon and 3 flurry drakes to the raid or initiating the rez chain.

Other than that, healing with shadowbound/PoS (not sure if the 15 buff trick works, but on live if you kept your buffs full, you could cast these spells without the recourse). I think shaman are usually gonna be healing the clerics, but necro heals don't hurt.

Scent/minor DPS/looking-busy in general. I mean, you're a Int class in the most melee-tuned expansion the game has ever had - if you're raiding, why haven't you rerolled?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Level another class up to 60?

I died a little inside at the prospect
Old 09-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Banned

primal, lol

necs are a dime a dozen
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're raiding:

Scent/minor DPS/looking-busy in general. I mean, you're a Int class in the most melee-tuned expansion the game has ever had - if you're raiding, why haven't you rerolled?
raiding necro

/thread
Old 09-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it wouldn't be fair if you could play the best class for raiding AND soloing AND grouping, right?
This.

If you want a class that easily solos to 60, provides the most utility to raids and pick up groups... Play a Shaman. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

if your hard core about raiding, and you wanna secure yourself a good spot in the scene with any guild and ur not a complete drooler

/bard /cleric

you still need the core classes, war, enchanter, shaman but but but... you can never have enough bards/clerics on raids, always room let alone a skilled player

all casters get butthurt in Vel, after 3+ years its when the war/rogue/bard/ranger/sk/monk really shit on all casters. since they were shat on since the start.

my 2 copper
Closed Thread