Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

one big one -- NPCs don't drop items you give them, so no charming mobs, giving them weapons with good procs and getting them back later!

I wasn't a big pet user in classic but I've been told classically they would take on delay of any weapons given, so you could give pets low delay weapons and speed them up. Don't know if it's true or if this was also nerfed classically but it's certainly not true here. Maybe someone who does remember can flesh this one out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Propo Fol
Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You couldn't drop coins on live.
Removed at the end of Velious. If/when we find a way to make this happen, we will.
Quote:
NOVEMBER 7, 2001

Added code that prevents player characters from dropping coins on the ground. This should prevent the loss of coins due to accident or scam.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011107.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Lord Shin Ree, ...he came later.
Willing to remove this guy if he's found to be non classic. Someone make a bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedduh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets eating majority exp if they out-damage the owner, nerf here that wasn't classic.
This wasn't removed until 2002.

Quote:
Pets no longer take experience in most situations
In the past, pets would take a full share of experience if they did the most damage to a creature. We've changed this rule as follows -

* Pets take ZERO experience from a creature, unless no player does damage to that creature.
* Pets take 75% of the experience from a creature - if no player does damage to that creature.
This means that your pet takes no experience from you or your group unless your pet kills a monster with no help from players. As long as you or your groupmates do damage to a monster, your pet will take ZERO experience.
http://www.mobhunter.com/mobhunter_a...943078749.html

JUNE 5, 2002

• Pets will not attack mesmerized creatures. Pets basically treat mesmerized NPCs as if they were dead.
  • Pets are neutral to NPCs. Monsters will not attack pets first unless the pet is being aggressive to something.
  • Pets take 75% of the experience from a creature if no player does damage to that creature.
  • Pets take ZERO experience from a creature unless no player does damage to that creature.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020605a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one big one -- NPCs don't drop items you give them, so no charming mobs, giving them weapons with good procs and getting them back later!
If/when we find a way to make this function with no bugs or exploits, we will.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You couldn't drop coins on live. At least not in classic kunark or velious. I can specifically remember 2 specific events that would prove it. I was always willing to do transfers between characters by dropping gear and camping. For money you had no choice but to have someone else take it. And the fact that you couldn't move at all if you had too much money on you. People would deal with it because for some reason if you put the money in a trade window it would no longer weigh you down allowing you to move until you moved far enough away. If you could drop coins people simply would have dropped it and moved a little at a time.
The problem with trying to get non-classic mechanics fixed is posts like these, where someone comes into a thread and simply states something that is flat out wrong, yet they state it with full conviction and often times cite "specific events" which they are clearly not remembering properly. Thus, from the perspective of nilbog, despite having a plurality of folks arguing one side, we now have someone arguing the other side and without some definitive time-stamped proof, which often times is unavailable, what else can nilbog do? It's hard to make a change when two camps essentially end up arguing over whose memory is sharper.

In this particular example, it's overwhelmingly clear that coin-dropping is classic, it's just that it's tough to implement, as nilbog stated. Discussions over other game mechanics that were obviously non-classic have been muddied in this way, though, such as certain green-con mobs which are supposed to aggro (e.g. goblins in Droga).
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Also, on the topic of Lord Shin Ree, on ZAM we find the following excerpt dated August 23, 2000:

Quote:
The Central Orc Camp ("Orc 1"): ... A little-known highlight of this camp is the ultra-rare spawn, Lord Shin Ree, who is approximately 23rd level. High-levels hunting griffins love to drop what they're doing and take Shin Ree down. He drops nothing special, however.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, on the topic of Lord Shin Ree, on ZAM we find the following excerpt dated August 23, 2000:
So many noobs in 2000 however, a lot of people posted a lot of crap on Allakhazam, Everlore and various other sites that was just conjured up rather than factual.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

The really big one that I've noticed is that mobs have a full spellbook to their level. The first mobs that I remember getting a full-spellbook relative to their level was the Sentries in the Sleeper's Tomb revamp. The first day that opened, we went in there and they were casting GSS which was unheard of at the time.

On live, you would fight a level 49 wizard mob, and they would spam level 34 wizard nukes. Here, if a mob is level 49 - you bet your ass it's already killed Naggy/Vox (or quested Staff of the Wheel) and researched Ice Comet.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Mobs here regen hps pretty damn fast once no longer engaged.

Undead doesnt social agro if you havent regenerated any taunt on it [IE: Just run by specs in Oasis without attacking/casting, they would bounce on nearest target].

If you were in a wide enough zone, you could agro something, intentionally or accidental, run out far enough and it would eventually roam back to its spawn point after you waited long enough, kinda like it said Screw it im tired of chasing you, im going home! [Insert cartman voice here] - On SZ I would get tipped off when an Evil guild was raiding [I was team neut, GO NEWT!] and would zone into PoFear, run to the furthest corner possible and the mobs that agro'd at zone in would back off.

I'll add more as I remember.. too hungover atm.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If/when we find a way to make this function with no bugs or exploits, we will.
What he means basically, is if they find a way to prevent people from trading no-drop items via charmed mobs, they might consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The really big one that I've noticed is that mobs have a full spellbook to their level. The first mobs that I remember getting a full-spellbook relative to their level was the Sentries in the Sleeper's Tomb revamp. The first day that opened, we went in there and they were casting GSS which was unheard of at the time.

On live, you would fight a level 49 wizard mob, and they would spam level 34 wizard nukes. Here, if a mob is level 49 - you bet your ass it's already killed Naggy/Vox (or quested Staff of the Wheel) and researched Ice Comet.
Some mobs always had a full spellbook, but it was mainly the named ones like Djarn for example iirc.
One other issue with caster mobs is namely in Seb/Chardok, where in my opinion casters do not gate frequently enough. From what I remember back in live, these mobs would try to escape via gating a lot of times. From the rare occations I have seen one of them actually cast a gate, and get it off, they also somehow/someway reappear at their spawn point having regained a portion of their HPs. Which is again something I don't remember happening back in live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were in a wide enough zone, you could agro something, intentionally or accidental, run out far enough and it would eventually roam back to its spawn point after you waited long enough, kinda like it said Screw it im tired of chasing you, im going home! [Insert cartman voice here] - On SZ I would get tipped off when an Evil guild was raiding [I was team neut, GO NEWT!] and would zone into PoFear, run to the furthest corner possible and the mobs that agro'd at zone in would back off.

That is something I do not recall of happening, like ever. If you agro'ed something via proxy, intentionally, unintentionally or by any way or means -- It would chase the hell out of you all over the zone. The only way you would 'dump' agro is if you died or if you zoned (or gated/ported/FD'ed, you get the picture). Even if your mobs were derailed towards someone who might draw them due to low HP agro, or bigger social agro - they would still remember you and come chasing you to where ever you found refuge.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were in a wide enough zone, you could agro something, intentionally or accidental, run out far enough and it would eventually roam back to its spawn point after you waited long enough.
No, it is very well known (at least in classic EQ) that mobs did not forget you unless you died, zoned, or killed it. I Remember when i started WoW, mobs would eventually forget you if you ran far enough, thought it was so strange
Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is something I do not recall of happening, like ever. If you agro'ed something via proxy, intentionally, unintentionally or by any way or means -- It would chase the hell out of you all over the zone. The only way you would 'dump' agro is if you died or if you zoned (or gated/ported/FD'ed, you get the picture). Even if your mobs were derailed towards someone who might draw them due to low HP agro, or bigger social agro - they would still remember you and come chasing you to where ever you found refuge.
Are you a wizard?