Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 01:48 AM
Banned

Nobody is ever on anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gonna take a break for a while. Das pretty tho.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Banned

I was on for 5 mins, but u really need a few mods like IC2 and thaumcraft, both of which have pvp related blocks and defenses if you want the game to be more pvp focus'd rather than more random chaos theory land focus'd.

the pionts about eve are valid, but also some of the charm comes from minecraft in that 1 person can indeed do a lot without grinding some 6000 hrs or RMTing their way to the top. Partly if you want success in minecraft have many small bases everywhere so you are not an easy target to wipe out in one go. But most people don't play the game like that.

If it was harder to destroy the terrain, and certain structures. It would be better. But more abstract towards realism.

Mods like thaumcraft have warded blocks etc which are pretty cool and have their own mechanics, like keying so only some players can access your 'enchantment or node structure, or storage structure.

IC2 has stuff like turrets that attack players using energy. Making for more strategic builds. Mix this with things like warded blocks and you can have some level of permanency that isn't completely OP or not strategic at all like bukkit protection.

On a server though these mods must be carefully watched because some mechanics create a lot of lag, such as the mob farming and resoarce/quarry/chunk loading/redstone mechanics. Though most of the mods are fairly ok. Other mods like witchery and blood magic and botania are way to OP overall. As well as expansions to thaumcraft like tinkerers construct, and tinkerer itself. Best to avoid too much generation and keep the game more focus'd on building and general fighting/working together to accomplish better builds and resource gathering.

Rules, like only allowing factions to build large quarries etc, would be a good way of giving people a reason to team up for megabuilds (lone wolfs can still pvp on their own effectively out in the world) but would give factions a meaningful mechanic.

Of course none of this is very meaningful with a sub 20 player population.

If we could get a regular 'legue' type situation (think mechwarrior clans, quake clans, leagues), were players would log on to acheive some kind of goal at regular times and those were the only times pvp was allowed (so no offline greifing) than that would make for a much more intersting, deep and strategic game.

But i'm just Azure, so definately do not listen to my badly typed ideas, at all.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is ever on anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gonna take a break for a while. Das pretty tho.
I've never played MineCraft but that does look pretty badass, Kagatob.
Always been interested in this game, but the learning curve seems pretty steep from an outsider's perspective. Maybe one day.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always been interested in this game, but the learning curve seems pretty steep from an outsider's perspective. Maybe one day.
It's actually really easy. I don't have an artistic bone in my body and was able to come up with that one merely on my third attempt at a fortress. (I made castles in a couple of single player worlds a couple of years ago) Remember, everything is cubes so being limited to 3 directions at any given time when building simplifies it a ton.

I'm also a hoarder so I don't let any blocks rot so just imagine how fast you'd be able to make progress if you didn't take the time to store over 41,000 blocks of cobblestone in boxes like I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .
Old 09-07-2014, 02:27 AM
Banned

I'm not a horder and I don't throw away cobblestone either.

P.S. NO U
Old 09-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should give it a shot. The game really is quite smooth and easy. It's a good "veg-out" game. A nice alternative to the good ol EQ.
Closed Thread