Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who's manic today!
Lol
Old 05-25-2021, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
naw its a political diagnosis covering a range of symptoms

but shellshock is under there

its basically all anxiety related symptoms now
EMDR is pretty effective at treating PTSD, 80%ish clinical success rate

The problem is the treatment involves revisiting the memories, so it’s only recommended when someone is otherwise stable. If they have a lot of current stress or anything worse than that, it shouldn’t be done
Old 05-25-2021, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who's manic today!
i'm not feeling really good tho, it's just easy to slam submit on this keyboard, real dumb metric for mania

people dislike the truth

EMDR sounds great on paper but do u wanna deal with someone having a PTSD episode lol?!
Old 05-25-2021, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

So the solution to our problems is.

Everyone moves apart from each other in a grid, filling up all the empty space in detroit and cleveland and stay away from population areas because there is no more room there.

and we all eat insects to end starvation.

COOL PLANET! I MEAN HUNGER GAMES
Old 05-25-2021, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Nah dude you’re bonkers today
Old 05-25-2021, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the solution to our problems is.

Everyone moves apart from each other in a grid, filling up all the empty space in detroit and cleveland and wfh and stay away from population areas because there is no more room there.

and we all eat insects to end starvation.

COOL PLANET!
basically, tabbing out to my froggy now cuz i'm ok being pro-anorexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah dude you’re bonkers today
just have a chuckle and move on, none of it is meant to be super serious (though it'd be fine if it all came tru cuz it will, and is)

(yes I am bonkers, btw someone doing therapy with me quoted this thing, is it sane to be sane in an insane world?) think about it <3

much love

~starkind
Last edited by starkind; 05-25-2021 at 12:48 PM..
Old 05-25-2021, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm not feeling really good tho, it's just easy to slam submit on this keyboard, real dumb metric for mania

people dislike the truth

EMDR sounds great on paper but do u wanna deal with someone having a PTSD episode lol?!
No, I def wouldn’t but luckily I’m not certified to do it. But in my experience the most common ptsd symptoms are the “flight” part of flight or fight response. Usually freezing in place, panic attacks, or crying in the fetal position

I volunteer to do the police mental health training because it gets me out of my normal job which is busy as F so we love getting breaks. And along with trying display what psychosis looks like, they have us do this scenario where we are a veteran experiencing a “flashback” where they disassociate and are back in a war zone. I’m sure it does occur but I’ve only seen it once in 13 years, and spoken to tons of veterans dealing with ptsd in that time
Old 05-25-2021, 01:03 PM
Banned

you're right most of the time its bread and butter anxiety symptoms thats what i said

but its always that 1 in 13 that makes the news, or gets the cops called and escalates into someone getting shot, usually the only time someone ends up seeing a doctor or getting evaluated

the other 12 times they just cry or engage in self harm or suicidal behavior or avoidance to the point of loosing a job or w/e

the armchair shrinks in here are getting uppity tho so i should stop posting

as someone both personally familiar with dissociating and going both berzerk and the fetal position 99% of u have no experience with what is going on lol :P

99% of the time i just lock the door and go into starvation mode when i'm trippin so no one tries to touch me or say dumb shit or be near me

because even having someone physically near u is distressing as fuck sometimes (or me anyway)
Last edited by starkind; 05-25-2021 at 01:08 PM..
Old 05-25-2021, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Men should always be sane and stoic. It will be needed when the Chinese have to be crushed

BIGLY
Old 05-25-2021, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Men should always be sane and stoic. It will be needed when the Chinese have to be crushed

BIGLY
I a gree

*chuckles at people in the US crushing the chinese tho*

(P.s. they already have more billionaires than us, they figured out they could get cool money for cool projects by treating the rich well and protecting them from the poor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Closed Thread