Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

ah hah yeah thats it
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wasnt lorelae a massive bitch ?
Confirmed.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

I miss Karadin. IB's best rogue, maybe entire entire server. He taught me so much, like how to actually hate a person over pixels. TY Karadin, p99's first and only player asked to log off in PoSky when #s are already low. You will not be forgotten
Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
except they used SEQ / weren't very good. I would argue Dark Ascension's pull team was better when Ledzepp/Sochin still played, and TR/IB had to get GM's to raid suspend DA because they couldn't compete with FTE ruling. Until Uthgaard got involved and quit because Rogean refused to do anything about his good buddy / developer Xzerion that led IB and had Rogean on speed dial.

But ... good try.
I'd be pretty surprised if none of DAs monks from that period were using SEQ. As someone who got busted for it, and played against those monks, it is pretty easy to tell if someone is using SEQ if you are as well. The biggest advantage SEQ offers imo is being able to see mobs without having to maintain LoS, for example, when mobs reset at their bind point. If you have SEQ you can see when someone else is pulling and what they are able to see, and how they respond to mobs. I was given SEQ by someone in DA as a response to thinking Tullian was using it (which he was), so them knowing I had it after I left for IB makes me think the same thing would occur in my absence.

I obviously don't have anything to back this up, but it was pretty obvious every pull team had someone using SEQ in the post-sky/pre-Kunark era. Even if the monk wasn't using it themselves, having someone in a private bind telling them when shit reset or where it was pathing was a huge advantage. Both guilds had players suspended for it, so for anyone to pretend they didn't benefit from cheating here is pretty laughable. Even the great monks from the early days like Emil got a huge benefit from someone like Tullian using it even if he wasn't using it, or aware it was being used. Hell, I know players from both IB and DA that two-boxed as well. People can pretend they're above that stuff, but I think we've all seen how most of those people respond to the allure of getting more loot, and plus, everyone knows that snitches get stitches.

If we really want to get into who the best pull teams were on this server, I think you have to either talk WAY back in the day with people like Krimz, or post SEQ ban with people like Adriana. Anyone trying to claim "pull team A" was better than "pull team B" during the period leading up to sky (when SEQ was widely dispersed on this server to my knowledge) until the SEQ purge is working under the false assumption that not everyone was benefiting from SEQ in one way or another. Like I said, I got busted for using it, but as someone who used it, it was pretty obvious that both sides were using it.

As a disclaimer, I'm not saying that justifies using it. I cheated, I took my suspension and loss of plat (like 600k if I remember right) - I just think it is naive for people to pretend it wasn't being used on a large scale by numerous guilds when over 300 people got suspended at a time when the average server population day-to-day was less than double that.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Fire Giant

Just wanna add that knowing Alawen, he is one of a select few individuals I met on this server that I sincerely think would have turned a guild mate in for using SEQ. I know I was kind of broad generalizing everyone with that whole "allure of loot" statement, but since he is posting here and I figure he might chime in, I thought I'd preemptively beat him to the punch and say that I absolutely think that he is the type of person who would have the integrity to turn someone in (unlike the vast majority of individuals on this server). For that matter, so was Xzerion. I know the guy gets a lot of shit on these forums, mostly from people who probably never had a single conversation with the guy, but I have no doubt that he would have turned an IB member in for using SEQ had he known. Despite popular belief, he was a pretty hands off, and uninvolved guild leader in terms of raid leader, strategy, etc. I know everyone likes to pretend he was some shady mastermind, but for the most part he pretty much dealt with internal house-keeping type stuff.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Krimz probably best puller this server has ever had, because he had no SEQ or SEQ help. IB used it, thats confirmed but it's whatever. DA used it, but it's whatever. Raiding with krimz in a 11 man group breaking POF was probably the most enjoyment I had on this server. I wish he wasn't such a scumbag and would of played longer. :'(
Old 10-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atennu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Krimz probably best puller this server has ever had, because he had no SEQ or SEQ help. IB used it, thats confirmed but it's whatever. DA used it, but it's whatever. Raiding with krimz in a 11 man group breaking POF was probably the most enjoyment I had on this server. I wish he wasn't such a scumbag and would of played longer. :'(
and tmo used it, but its whatever
Old 10-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

It is whatever, you're very poor player if you think any guild on this server hasn't had someone who was apart of leading a raid using SEQ.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atennu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1, Krimz was also the best raid leader I've ever encountered on either P99 or Live. I still think IV as a whole was the best group of players I got to raid with on this server. They were too small to compete with the big guilds like Trans or IB, but there wasn't a single weak link in that entire guild.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Kobold

THIS IS STILL GOING ON WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!
Closed Thread