Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallnOutTheNubs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if u wanna 2box go elsewhere fag
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

If it takes you 120 blue skeletons to get to level 3, that's because the skeletons are half your level, so they give very little experience. Try fighting mobs that are your level or perhaps a bit higher.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Take a moment and imagine how much the bandwidth costs on this server each month. Consider also that this game is lightly donated and as such does not have an income from subscriptions.
If boxing were allowed, most would do it, leading no no groups whatsoever... for the three weeks it would take for the server to go under for financial reasons.

- Brimacombe
Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBanana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing the point...

If I want to a do a certain dungeon and there is no group available there's not much I can do about it. If I want to play at odd hours of the night there's not much I can do about that either. Maybe I only have 30 minutes to play and would like to get something done...well... too bad for me right?

Multi-boxing doesn't ruin the game or ruin the social aspects of the game either. Everyone would prefer to be in a group as a number of individual players are going to do much better than one person running multiple accounts. Not to mention it would be a lot more fun as well. There are less people playing on this server than on some shitty web browser strategy game. You're not always going to have a group available and if you decide to roll a solo class you'll likely run into the problem of not being wanted in better groups down the line.

I also have no idea what you're talking about when you say "the current anti social behaviors of other MMO's would start lurking in our world." Have you ever even played any other MMOs because it sounds like you're just pulling assumptions out of your ass.

Yes, too bad for you. This is classic EQ. You aren't supposed to accomplish something in 30 minutes, that's what makes this game so much more gratifying when you finally do accomplish something.

If you only have 30 minutes to play and need that sense of accomplishment, you should go find another MMO. You won't win a two-boxing argument here sir.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimacombe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take a moment and imagine how much the bandwidth costs on this server each month. Consider also that this game is lightly donated and as such does not have an income from subscriptions.
If boxing were allowed, most would do it, leading no no groups whatsoever... for the three weeks it would take for the server to go under for financial reasons.

- Brimacombe
You make bold statements, please provide some factual data to support these wild claims.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, too bad for you. This is classic EQ. You aren't supposed to accomplish something in 30 minutes, that's what makes this game so much more gratifying when you finally do accomplish something.

If you only have 30 minutes to play and need that sense of accomplishment, you should go find another MMO. You won't win a two-boxing argument here sir.
Faywind is correct though. "You won't win a two-boxing argument here sir".

The nerd rage on P99 is hardcore! In fact 90% of the posts on this forum are just nerds raging.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Kobold

Classic EQ was limited by the fact that those who two (or three, etc) boxed were not only limited by the computers of the time, but by the fact that subscriptions were all paid. With many of us students at the time, both were limiting factors.

10 years later on a free emulated server, for most of us neither is a factor to the degree it was then. Boxing would destroy the server.

Yeah, I miss the enchanter I boxed on live -- but the server wouldn't be the same if we all did so. Its worth staying at one each, truly. Make some buddies.
Last edited by thrump; 04-30-2012 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faywind is correct though. "You won't win a two-boxing argument here sir".

The nerd rage on P99 is hardcore! In fact 90% of the posts on this forum are just nerds raging.
This guys mad
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Kobold

In theory no boxing promotes interaction but P1999 is aging and not many new players filtering here so, while this isn't absolute, the norm is you find a lot of solo classes or lower level twinks either being PLed or soloing until mid levels (30-40's).

End game raiding is dominated by 1 guild because they're the only ones who care enough to stay on top of tracking and logging in immediately when targets spawn so once you hit max level if you aren't in that guild then you basically get to clear planar trash, kill solo/groupable names, and start new characters.

If n-boxing were allowed I'd probably write some ghost scripts and solo raid targets.
Last edited by somnia; 04-30-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not many new players filtering here

You're not alone either; I have seen more new people in the last 4 months than ever before.
Closed Thread