Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red server needs to be shut down and re-thought.

I mean didn't the blue server just go through a major overhaul because the staff was tired of a minority of players making the most trouble/noise?

Doesn't that describe red servers situation perfectly?

Sure the population finally over 100, and some new (not classic) changes were made. This won't change the fact that EQ pvp sucks and no matter what pvp servers will always have abysmal population numbers. I mean I understand we have 2 GMs with PVP server background here on p99 but not many EQ players fit the profile for the types of players that would classically inhabit a PVP live server.

From a strictly blue EQ players perspective the population on red99 itself makes logging in and playing EQ a chore. There is no sense of community on red because the players there are from a different generation of gamers/eq players. Lets be honest the community makes everquest special and frankly without the community this game is shit. I log onto red a few times a month out of boredom and curiosity and its the same thing. Empty zones, huge trolls in OOC, and a lot of people calling eachother ******s and faggots (how is this not a bannable offense?)

The only hope for Red is opening a new teams based server (even this is a stretch though because eq simply wasn't developed for PVP) and a shitload of bans for all the WoW-generation of gamers that make logging into this server unbearable. Also, transfers from blue/red with no drop gear only is a great idea. You really can't expect anyone to invest time in a server that has had less than 100 players logged on for the majority of time it has been up.

Would be sweet if red players stuck to their section of the forums yoo, though. Nothing more annoying than having people try to force their will/ideas on you to make you resent them.
you mad, bro? about what i'd expect from a whiny bluebie. people like yourself can stay on blue. We only want the legit players from blue to come to red.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hah! nice. you likened the biggest jew of red99 to hitler, and it worked. perfect analogy too. but to survive on red you can't give up (and to hitler!) that easily. you got to have that "live or die trying" mentality. i liked kwsn, from what i saw of them. would be awesome to see an entire guild start up some toons on red and cause trouble, that would be a blast.

edit: BTW the founder of that guild is in my sig. it's an attempt at discrediting me, posted on my personal profile here on p99 (later wiped by GMs). I repeated the story of how he stole my friend's manastone, and he got mad.
You know they say when an argument reaches the point where one person brings up Nazis or compares the other to Hitler, that person automatically loses the argument due to having nothing left to stand on.

But it just fit too well. It wasn't an attack or anything, just my experience haha. I logged in to very spectacular posts of promises and riches each day, I just shrugged and saw that people were eating it up so its obviously what they wanted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tasslehof you clearly don't know dick about the red server. Shut your fucking face, uncle fucker.

I admitted that I have very little pvp exp. That doesn't change the facts about why red99 is a failure and continuing to waste resources on it is a terrible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you mad, bro? about what i'd expect from a whiny bluebie. people like yourself can stay on blue. We only want the legit players from blue to come to red.
I'm not mad at all just sharing my opinion/observations. You're helping to back my post up with your WoW-kid type post in response though.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 05-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Sarnak

not really. your lame and inaccurate accounts, as well as suggestions of red are sad. maybe stop tucking your junk between your legs when you play and you wont be so uptight.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I admitted that I have very little pvp exp. That doesn't change the facts about why red99 is a failure and continuing to waste resources on it is a terrible idea.
Again, I'm telling you you're fucking clueless. Take me at my word and shut your mouth before you further cement your standing as a moran.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
Would be sweet if red players stuck to their section of the forums too, though. Nothing more annoying than having people try to force their will/ideas on you to make you resent them.
No one wants to admit it, but we're all a little hurt over in the red forums because you bluebies never come to visit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one wants to admit it, but we're all a little hurt over in the red forums because you bluebies never come to visit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha, not of tassle's type. the blues that came to red and are loving it are the ones that i like.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

what exactly have I said that isn't 100% true in terms of eq pvp, p99 red, and the general attitude of the.players there?

this may just he a case where the truth hurts a lil

If I cared enough I woukd just log on red 99, turn /log on...and count how many derogatory terms are used in an hour.

Last time I played there (last week) it was like jerry springer meets world of warcraft, not my scene I guess.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 05-03-2014, 04:51 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Let's be honest, tass.

There is just as many, if not more, derogatory comments on blue as there on red. It's just not as easy to see them because chat isn't global.

I use to think there were more 'toxic players' on blue than red, too. But since joining the staff, I've come to realize that isn't even remotely true - the percentage of players who are asshats is about the same.

On blue, it comes in different forms. Players taking up blackburrow at level 60 to farm fangs for an alt, or blocking raid content. Shit talk is extremely common on blue just like it is on red. There are plenty of examples of people telling other to 'kill themselves irl' or 'blah blah blah faggot' on blue, just like on red.

The forums are also similar - just look in blue RnF to see the sheer amount of hate that gets thrown around. Granted, until recently we treated red server chat just like red RnF, but we've been working to change that.

To summarize, the 'red is toxic' excuse is 100% bullshit - there's no more 'toxic' on red than there is on blue, you're just more exposed to it because of global chat. Being a GM, I get a pretty clear picture of exactly what goes on in terms of shitty behavior on both servers, and I can confidently say there is a much higher percentage of harassment based PnP violations on blue than there are on red.

TL;DR? blue has just as many assholes as red. they just dont have a public way to express it like they do with global ooc.

in other news, global ooc on red being patched and modified soon. recent change was bugged and isn't working as intended. once that is fixed, there will be far less exposure to shit talk. the time to roll on red99 is now (im told the group xp bonus is fantastic).
Old 05-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

The group exp bonus is fucking fantastic!