Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Orc

Hrm, ya know... 13 years in and I just learned something new. I didn't know about the /corpse command!!

Anyways, for easy looting:

/target a_
/target an_
/pause 3
/loot

Stryzika (Nec) - Red, Talcya (Clr) - Red; Tizoxa (Nec) - Blue, Ocura (Mag) - Blue
Last edited by Ocura; 03-06-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just bind track and sense heading to a movement key

forage too if you wanna level it up
How do you bind an action to a movement key? I have heard people say this before, but when I go look in the options to do it, I can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you bind an action to a movement key? I have heard people say this before, but when I go look in the options to do it, I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Drop Sense heading or other skill onto hotbar, go into options and set your movement keys as the keys for those hotbar buttons.

Edit: Sorry had a call, so drop sense heading on two hotbar spots. Set W,S to one and A,D to the other (or whatever you use for movement keys). It doesn't matter that the keys are shared.

Stryzika (Nec) - Red, Talcya (Clr) - Red; Tizoxa (Nec) - Blue, Ocura (Mag) - Blue
Last edited by Ocura; 03-05-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

There's those times where you're grinding and it all gets too much, your eyes hurt, your concentration fades... and you've already jumped up and afk'd a few times.

Getting a drink
Going to the little elves room
Answering the door/phone

Already been through those, so there you sit...wondering what other reasons you can have to leech off your group for a bit longer.

By now you need something elaborate, favourites I've seen used include:-

"Sorry guys, wife is arguing...afk a min" (probably single)
"Dogs barking, need to take them out quickly" (probably not got a dog, or its not barking)
"Baby is crying, back in a minute" (now this can be legit, but when people are talking like wiggas, chatting about "smoking a bowl" and being continuously lazy, its not as believable to me at least)

So a tip: If you want to be invited back to groups, don't AFK all the time for 100 inventive reasons. If you're pulling/healing - suggest a 3-5 minute afk for the group between respawns (people usually welcome it and they can't do much without the puller/tank or healer).

Don't be a leecher, particularly if you're a wizard...afk wizards are on my shitlist.

On the flipside, leading a group? Some dude clearly leeching and been afk for some time (5 minutes or more)? Drop him from the group, chances are he's back in the next 30 seconds every time. Give him 3 strikes, and he'll either play properly with everyone else or he can find another group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ... harsh yes, but fair to everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's those times where you're grinding and it all gets too much, your eyes hurt, your concentration fades... and you've already jumped up and afk'd a few times.

Getting a drink
Going to the little elves room
Answering the door/phone

Already been through those, so there you sit...wondering what other reasons you can have to leech off your group for a bit longer.

By now you need something elaborate, favourites I've seen used include:-

"Sorry guys, wife is arguing...afk a min" (probably single)
"Dogs barking, need to take them out quickly" (probably not got a dog, or its not barking)
"Baby is crying, back in a minute" (now this can be legit, but when people are talking like wiggas, chatting about "smoking a bowl" and being continuously lazy, its not as believable to me at least)

So a tip: If you want to be invited back to groups, don't AFK all the time for 100 inventive reasons. If you're pulling/healing - suggest a 3-5 minute afk for the group between respawns (people usually welcome it and they can't do much without the puller/tank or healer).

Don't be a leecher, particularly if you're a wizard...afk wizards are on my shitlist.

On the flipside, leading a group? Some dude clearly leeching and been afk for some time (5 minutes or more)? Drop him from the group, chances are he's back in the next 30 seconds every time. Give him 3 strikes, and he'll either play properly with everyone else or he can find another group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ... harsh yes, but fair to everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

amen. I rage on afk ppl like i'm drunk, well atleast when iam group leader.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keep exploiting pathing bro
please elaborate. i know not of this.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

ya killing mobs that usually take a group. sounds legit.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
ya killing mobs that usually take a group. sounds legit.
check the Solo Artist Challenge thread....
Old 03-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Kobold

If you need to run away from a mob chasing you try strafe running. ie run forward and sidestep at the same time. You will run a little faster this way and escape most mobs.

Not sure if its already been posted but when training sense heading, bind the sense heading key to one of your movement keys. It will train itself.

For newbies, if ever you are about to die out in the middle of nowhere, have a /loc key hotkeyed and press it. Some zones can be very troublesome for finding corpses... faydark(s), west karana etc.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

If you don't want to train sense heading, just buy a compass. It can be hotkeyed and never fails.

You can use most bankers through walls as noted above. This is a particularly useful trick to use in The Overthere.

Danth
Closed Thread