Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greegon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...leaderboards, blah ...
Oh leaderboards, goody!. Lets make EQ into the 1337357 FPS MMO EVAR. It will be so great...

or we can just not have stupid additions that change what Everquest is, and those of us who like classic Everquest can enjoy it.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Banned

sullon zek had a leaderboard, pretty good one that tracked kills, deaths, time, zone and even a daily point value based off of how many enemy tokens you had at the time.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Thankfully this server is more about EQ as a whole , with PvP on the side to add to it.

If the EQ population here was naivie and noob and fresh, then maybe we could have those other things. But its not, its all vetran and/or jaded, and as such we must have more hard coded soulutions to maintain a classic atmosphere here.

Think about it, if 99.9 percent of all EQ players in 1999 were griefin Darwoths... would we of had the fun/fond memories of it? Hell no.

No to YT and global OOC. Those things cater and encourage the wrong element and attitude here. Simple as that.

Join the <global OOC> guild if you want global OOC. Or join the mIRC channel for red99. And/or post screenshots of your kills in the RnF section here.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

We dont need a ingame "solution" that will drive away the remaining mature players.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We dont need a ingame "solution" that will drive away the remaining mature players.
Have fun with the "remaining" players.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with an even higher straight XP bonus is that it trivializes the investment of time required to level a character. This reduces the effectiveness of suspensions and bans. All the hardcore folks can push the limits of cheating / rule breaking because it would only take them a day or two to level up another character.

One way to increase XP for the casuals and not benefit the hardcore would be to have a small window of XP bonus based on last login time. For example, if you've been offline for 5 hours, then you get an XP bonus for the next 2 hours while you're online.
This is a good idea.

Currently there is a huge disparity between starting a new character not being in a good guild and start with one. I can literally PL another guildmate 1-20 in 5 hours, and it doesn't stop there. In contrast even solo classes need probably 5x the time.

Having something balance the alt vs fresh players by encouraging casuals is something I'm for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long ass post with good points...
This might have been the case when there was a pretty decent pop when we leveled and you had people to PvP with easily and there was no real twink presence. Now its a pretty different story. I agree with you 10x isn't the answer, but we need something to help the casual interest.

The really fun part of the game does start at 50. Guild v Guild is where its at. How do we keep the investment time to mean something, while making it easier to pick up as a casual? How do we make the journey as fun as it was for the early people when pop was 200-600.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Lazor i think i agree with you 100%. people raced to 50 completely forgetting that just getting to 50 is a HUGE part of the game. you are suppose to enjoy the grind to get there. its like picking up a book, and skipping to the last chapter, then complaining the book sucks.

the biggest two problems to the server are not dumb shit like global ooc or yt. the biggest two are 1) players griefing other players. all your guys' dumb fucking training, exploiting, BC and CC, and other grief kills the population MUCH faster than any staff decisions have. and 2) another huge problem is that it seems a lot of you aren't here to play EQ. most of you are here to play Call of Duty with EQ toons.

until those two things change, nothing the staff can do will help the pop.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I accept your quest, sir! Level 11 Shaman, enjoying the "journey" so far! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Saw some corpse camping and AFK ganking goin' on today, but I have high hopes for the future!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lazor i think i agree with you 100%. people raced to 50 completely forgetting that just getting to 50 is a HUGE part of the game. you are suppose to enjoy the grind to get there. its like picking up a book, and skipping to the last chapter, then complaining the book sucks.

the biggest two problems to the server are not dumb shit like global ooc or yt. the biggest two are 1) players griefing other players. all your guys' dumb fucking training, exploiting, BC and CC, and other grief kills the population MUCH faster than any staff decisions have. and 2) another huge problem is that it seems a lot of you aren't here to play EQ. most of you are here to play Call of Duty with EQ toons.

Reading the whole book filled with typos and parts of the book only certain people are allowed to read. Getting to the end of the book realizing it and putting the book down.

Fixed it for ya.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:

The Truth.

I'm glad the staff sees it this way too.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reading the whole book filled with typos and parts of the book only certain people are allowed to read. Getting to the end of the book realizing it and putting the book down.

Fixed it for ya.
no.

i dont thing you quite grasped my analogy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread