Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't it all because of one dude who had access to all of the accounts?
It was two very well known dudes, with 80+ accounts, absurd amounts of items/plat, and absolutely nobody knew about it but them. It was completely isolated from any guild activity, because it's extremely easy to pawn of millions of plat within the guild with nobody knowing.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, minus the sarcasm, yeah.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulghor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's when you camp a mob, never give it up, lock down that content, then charge people essentially extortion to have access to it, that it becomes a problem. Camping it frequently is one thing. Camping it always, and often with the intent of just locking it out to raise prices/create a monopoly for yourself is something else entirely. See Zeat and other poopsockers as an example.

TMO, back in the day, was rumored to do raids on content they didn't need, solely to deprive others of the opportunity, and would delete drops, or charge people plat for access to rots.

Very not cool.
1. I am rumored to have a small D. But it's actually above average.
2. It's not our fault phara dar drops worthless claws 90 percent of the time, hoshkar drops wizard staffs 3x more than GSBs.
3. Do you even have a vp key?
4. My Alts did. All 14 of them.

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 06-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because it's extremely easy to pawn of millions of plat within the guild with nobody knowing.
It was blue diamonds, and it was pretty easy to move because I was buying them to give away on the guild resist mules I run.

Petitioning myself when I found out was rather pleasant.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

So I take it all that stuff happened pre nerf? When was the nerf again ?

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 06-23-2015, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

The main reason is the MMO culture as we all know has been changing to "everyone deserves to have the best item(s)". This has ruined the days of true MMO sandbox games.

We've completely shifted away from classic Everquest, and allowed current day MMO mentalities to fester their way into rules and policy here.

The playerbase isn't at fault even though it has had influence on changing the way things are done here. It's the staff for allowing classic Everquest to be destroyed by these policies. More and more policies, more and more rule changing. It's becoming like our government. Simplicity is the way of the sandbox, and we're far from the classic simplicity we once had here.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

I'd say there's also a clash between "everyone deserves to have the opportunity to have/acquire the best items" and "everyone expects everyone else to have the best items."

It's getting rare to see people who aren't twinked out of their mind in groups, and uncommon to run across people who look at you fun if you aren't.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

TMO touched me in my no no spot
Closed Thread