Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Apparently I have a Fungi to sell for 10k......maybe I can finally afford to replace my cured silk sandals /sarcasm

As a streamer....

It cant really be helped unfortunately. I'm sure hes been banned on several occasions and keeps coming back, best to just ignore and report his newest bar-code

You can always ask me personally via a tell about any suspicious tells you get regarding me or something I may have said/or didnt say as it seems his only goal is to defame or hurt the streamers reputation/good-will. However keep in mind I may have to put up an automated AFK message when these bot-spammers occur as I often get several tells a second from people all over the server and there is absolutely no way I can respond to them all.

Cant let it get to ya its the internet and troll's will be troll's (and no I don't mean people who pick troll as their race in-game.

Keep in mind I PERSONALLY WILL NEVER advertise that im streaming, as I find overly forward advertising like that annoying and should have no place in EQ. I don't even tell my group's that I stream, I also censor all main-chat interactions for other peoples privacy. I stream because I enjoy it and because others enjoy it

To those negatively effected by the spammers trying to up the toxicity of a great community, whether you like or hate the fact that I stream it will continue regardless, I just want you all to have fun in the great lands of Norrath =3
Old 10-06-2015, 06:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroglyphix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I imagine this guy is using a dummy account for the barcode characters he spams with, but it shouldn't be too hard for GM to identify the IP of that account, and figure out what other accounts are on that IP?

There's a significant number of players being harassed on twitch now. That's a direct violation of twitch.tv policy, not to mention the defamation of the streamers whose names are being dragged through the mud with these attacks.
Hate speech is also a twitch violation but guess that's ok.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

My group were getting these and the bot has been sending tells alphabetically. First person in the group started with a 'B' then sure enough about ten minutes later people with 'M' names were messaged followed by an 'R' name.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uolen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want me to believe that a guy spamming everyone on server bad things about a guy on twitch, trying to get them to go watch the guy, isn't related to the guy on twitch, I ain't buyin it.

Mine was from ilillililiil, and said "Doudy has been talking about you for 30 minutes, it is hilarious".

Please do something about it. You know it is related.
I got the same thing and then got a tell from dooding or doudy whatever it was telling me to go watch his stream or he would macequest me.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So report him to twitch and move on with your life.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate speech is a ridiculous notion. You may disagree with what he has to say. He may be utterly offensive to society at large (I don't know, I haven't watched), but in the end it is his channel. You don't have to go there to listen to him if you don't want to.

Something should be done about the spam/advertising though given the difficulty of adding the character names to ignore.

Given your join date, limited post history and enthusiasm for this topic, I wouldn't be surprised if you are the source of spam in an effort to get rid if the guy. Call me cynical ^^
Old 10-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate speech is a ridiculous notion. You may disagree with what he has to say. He may be utterly offensive to society at large (I don't know, I haven't watched), but in the end it is his channel. You don't have to go there to listen to him if you don't want to.

Something should be done about the spam/advertising though given the difficulty of adding the character names to ignore.

Given your join date, limited post history and enthusiasm for this topic, I wouldn't be surprised if you are the source of spam in an effort to get rid if the guy. Call me cynical ^^
Hate speech is unacceptable on the forums and in game and also ok twitch.

That should be the focus here.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Banned

Its happening to everyone, and its not a coincidence. Sh!t needs to stop.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its happening to everyone, and its not a coincidence. Sh!t needs to stop.
So does this mean you acknowledge your mistake in believing one particular streamer is behind it himself for himself to which you went nuts about in a RnF thread?
Old 10-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Hate speech is unacceptable on the forums and in game and also ok twitch.

That should be the focus here.
Then I suggest you proceed on your noble crusade and get him banned!!!

Or you could just ignore him if his comments drive you up a wall. Just because you care doesn't mean I have to.
Closed Thread