Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Kobold

I just want to reiterate that I have played all three tank classes. A lot of people seem to be missing that. I had a 54 warrior, a 46 sk, and a 30 something pally, so I know how to use each class, just starting new since I'm just joining project 1999. With that being said, thanks for the input, still leaning toward Troll Warrior however after all of this. Also, to all you people saying go caster first, I don't have the patience to sit and med. I need to be in the action for me not to get bored.
Last edited by loopholbrook; 10-06-2011 at 12:25 AM..
Old 10-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Aviak

You definitely will not be bored with running back from a corpse run trying to solo as a warrior.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

I second the notion that thanks to the deepwater surplus of 2011, Paladin is probably the most affordable choice to start from scratch with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopholbrook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, to all you people saying go caster first, I don't have the patience to sit and med. I need to be in the action for me not to get bored.
Pet casters don't have any down time and can solo quite well buck nekkid. Untwinked melee not so much. If you don't like sitting and staring at the screen I hope you have a pocket healer. Experienced or not P99 is quite brutal especially on low levels.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overweight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You definitely will not be bored with running back from a corpse run trying to solo as a warrior.
You're doing it wrong. If you're dying, it's because you aren't running soon enough. ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Before

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopholbrook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just started P99 and I really want to roll a tank. I know all three main tank classes pretty well, but I can't really decide which one I want. People lean me toward a race and class please. Right now the front runner is Troll Warrior, followed by Ogre SK, but I honestly can't decide which I want. Pick for me please people, and explain why.
After

Quote:
I just want to reiterate that I have played all three tank classes. A lot of people seem to be missing that. I had a 54 warrior, a 46 sk, and a 30 something pally, so I know how to use each class, just starting new since I'm just joining project 1999. With that being said, thanks for the input, still leaning toward Troll Warrior however after all of this. Also, to all you people saying go caster first, I don't have the patience to sit and med. I need to be in the action for me not to get bored.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why are you asking us? You have played each one a significant amount of time and I hope have done some research over the years.

If you're gonna group why bother with a troll, the regen gets you nothing except more of an exp hit. The stats are good but you can roll a Dwarf and not be far in the hole. You could roll an ogre and be superior and have frontal stun immunity and less of an exp hit than the troll.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you asking us?
Why not? Conversation shouldn't be a bad thing, and he probably just wants to throw around some ideas with us. We're all EQ geeks here, and I for one love discussing EQ!

OP, if you're decided on a warrior (big mistake imo, hybrids are more fun!), don't go ogre or troll; they're ugly and very gross. If you're wanting to be a big race, so you can slam without shield, your only real option is a barbarian. And if slam isn't a major concern of yours, you should be either a dark elf, gnome or wood/half elf! This is because they're clearly the best races in game. I would suggest a halfling, too, but everyone on Blue99 seems to be playing them.. which kinda makes them *yawn*. Another interesting suggestion: Iksar! No one can deny that an iksar warrior is the epitome of badass. And though you will be limited in armor choices a great deal (no cobalt !) until velious, if you do plan to raid velious when it comes out you'll have that slight ac advantage over other warriors.
Last edited by Softcore PK; 10-06-2011 at 01:18 PM..
Old 10-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

I did the opposite. Started my Warrior first. Now I recently farmed gear for my level 25 mage with the Warrior. I'm doing it wrong, lol! But it wasn't that bad starting with nothing as a Warrior, lots of folks helped me out... and I didn't have to give any virtual hand-jobs for it. And I was a newb before the release of Kunark - now there's even more equipment available and a better selection of weapons to choose from. Gearing up and being so gear dependent is something that makes the class more challenging and fun.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not? Conversation shouldn't be a bad thing, and he probably just wants to throw around some ideas with us. We're all EQ geeks here, and I for one love discussing EQ!
I totally agree and love chatting EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just seemed the OP was looking for more basic input initially but has a ton of playtime under his belt.

For me the hybrid route is the most fun regardless of slower leveling. If I had more cash the pure melees are a blast though (and very capable).
Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This hit the nail on the head.

So, thanks for the input people. I think that I'll just stick to my monk for the time being, and maybe when I get high enough level or bored I'll pick up a tank, but not right now.
Closed Thread