Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingNo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's up with all the druids...
This surprised me. I wonder where they are all hiding.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the effort bigforest. Very interesting data. Yeah, I agree. I don't see that many Druids on either??

Finding a Tank anymore in this game is really becoming a chore at level 45 and below.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the effort bigforest. Very interesting data. Yeah, I agree. I don't see that many Druids on either??

Finding a Tank anymore in this game is really becoming a chore at level 45 and below.
I played a warrior here and quit it at level 30ish due to all the uber DPS twinks that constantly criticize your ability to hold aggro when they have incredible gear and don't do anything to help you with aggro control.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a warrior here and quit it at level 30ish due to all the uber DPS twinks that constantly criticize your ability to hold aggro when they have incredible gear and don't do anything to help you with aggro control.
And thus we see why twinking breaks game immersion and even basic playability.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i have a question regarding making an ez mode levelling group that will still have application in higher level content. me and three others are getting back into eq. two of them are playing monk and shaman for sure, and obviously those two alone will be able to breeze through most content.

the other is leaning towards shadowknight (he mained beastlord on live but obviously none here) but looking at these statistics it seems like shadowknight, paladin, and ranger are classes that will be shunned in classic end game content (if we even intend on doing raiding, we'll see).

getting around to the question, not that we'll have many problems, but what would be the ideal classes to fill out after the monk and shaman. will we really need a full tank, and if we do, will pallies or sks even be considered for end game?

also, if he ends up sticking with tank, i cant decide on the remaining utility/DPS class. each of the remaining DPS/casters have benefits (except ranger lawl). wizard would get ports, mage would have a reliable pet + nuke combo, enchanter is just plain useful and would have decent buffs for the other three, rogue along with the monk would end lives quickly. necro probably wouldnt contribute that much. they all sound appealing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatIsAJuggalo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have a question regarding making an ez mode levelling group that will still have application in higher level content. me and three others are getting back into eq. two of them are playing monk and shaman for sure, and obviously those two alone will be able to breeze through most content.

the other is leaning towards shadowknight (he mained beastlord on live but obviously none here) but looking at these statistics it seems like shadowknight, paladin, and ranger are classes that will be shunned in classic end game content (if we even intend on doing raiding, we'll see).

getting around to the question, not that we'll have many problems, but what would be the ideal classes to fill out after the monk and shaman. will we really need a full tank, and if we do, will pallies or sks even be considered for end game?

also, if he ends up sticking with tank, i cant decide on the remaining utility/DPS class. each of the remaining DPS/casters have benefits (except ranger lawl). wizard would get ports, mage would have a reliable pet + nuke combo, enchanter is just plain useful and would have decent buffs for the other three, rogue along with the monk would end lives quickly. necro probably wouldnt contribute that much. they all sound appealing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would fill out the rest of that foursome with an SK and Cleric.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

No clerics on that list?

/sadpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

forgot about druid/cleric :S

thanks for the advice... looking at cleric, i think ill roll that and the other dude will go with SK.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

There is Nothing wrong with a SK or a Pally even in raids. It is mostly the Hybred penalty that kills them off. The 40% or more penalty slows down group XP, which makes it harder to get a group, and they get tired of seeing their friends they started with being level 50 while they are level 30. That is the problem.
Last edited by webrunner5; 02-20-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingNo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love visual representations of data.
One of my favorite sites: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/
Closed Thread