Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Large Rat

it is now...but for first few months of Kunark there was some code they had a hard time nailing down(typical SOE/Verant foot dragging) that gave Iksar like +2 more regen and IIRC there was an iksar only item through quests that improved the regen even more. I didnt care 1 way or the other since if I was depending on a server tick of regen time to save my butt I was probably dead already with Lag issues back then and 5000+ people on a server
Old 05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume you mean the mask you get while doing the necklace quest? I didn't know that was repeatable. That makes me giggle
Yeah its neat to have, but doing that part over and over again, lowers your faction with the dead, so you have to do something to bump it up again because you don't want to get KOS to them, but getting dead faction is pretty easy too
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Skeleton

i picked Barbarian... lower exp penalty iirc.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Orc

Seems like the Ogre shaman is a good bet but depends on the frontal stun immunity which isn't entirely working...anyone know if this is going to be completely fixed?

Thanks for all the comments!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i picked Barbarian... lower exp penalty iirc.
I've been told there are no race penalties on this server? But usually, yes. According to the FAQ it'd be 5% for Barbarians, 15% for Ogres and 20% for Trolls.
Last edited by km2783; 05-11-2010 at 02:52 PM..
Old 05-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been told there are no race penalties on this server? But usually, yes. According to the FAQ it'd be 5% for Barbarians, 15% for Ogres and 20% for Trolls.
There are race penalties on this server. The FAQ is correct.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Cool, figured someone would correct me if it was wrong.

Wish I knew who was spreading the misinformation, though, I only have it on hear-say anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailinOndem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is now...but for first few months of Kunark there was some code they had a hard time nailing down(typical SOE/Verant foot dragging) that gave Iksar like +2 more regen and IIRC there was an iksar only item through quests that improved the regen even more. I didnt care 1 way or the other since if I was depending on a server tick of regen time to save my butt I was probably dead already with Lag issues back then and 5000+ people on a server
Actually, I think the regen here is bugged like that as well. From what I remember of classic it was 2 sitting 4 standing for a troll at level 1, then 4 standing and 6 sitting (maybe 3/6) at level 20. Here, it is 4/6 at level 1.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like the Ogre shaman is a good bet but depends on the frontal stun immunity which isn't entirely working...anyone know if this is going to be completely fixed?

Thanks for all the comments!
looks fine to me. Spell interupts and actually getting stunned are two different things.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Large Rat

Yeah,the 1 thing I forgot to post in my last post was that not being stunned was more valuable to me then few extra regen.As 1 person said,spell interupts are different then being stunned or at least it was when i played.Interupts were caused by 2 things back then,getting attacked and not having the particular spell class maxxed yet you were trying to cast.Being stunned meant you couldnt do anything at all including casting a next spell or run.Interupt you hit the button again and with maxxed casting skillz not being interuptable with a stun was priceless.Hope that made sense
Closed Thread