Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao Swish please explain that gif to me, I always laugh when I see it. It looks like a dog with post traumatic stress disorder who can no longer enjoy cupcakes due to his mental damage
its from an episode of its me or the dog and the dog loved to steal cupcakes
Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its from an episode of its me or the dog and the dog loved to steal cupcakes
Lol what the fuck is up with his eyes
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

idk was just a creepy ass dog
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

Can solo plenty fine, gb nice for undead, but the better kunark weapons are legit vs anything, just takes a long time, think of all your med time being face time with a mob rather then afk between burns on a wiz its like the opposite.

* just a quick update to clarify

It takes a long time to kill a mob, its actally faster to med mana back from killing then it is to actually bring one down as a melee solo in this game. Pallies are slow killers. The posts below mention low hp undead... its possible. Some poor guy doing it in guk on R99 solo undead mobs probably, i told them to move to com till 50 =P

But there is no "solo build" for classes in this game they come pre-built that way or not.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 09-24-2012 at 04:02 AM..
Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
step 1: download WoW
step 2: spec retribution
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can solo plenty fine, gb nice for undead, but the better kunark weapons are legit vs anything, just takes a long time, think of all your med time being face time with a mob rather then afk between burns on a wiz its like the opposite.
and you will be able to understand a wiz med time while you yourself med but with a capped med skill
Old 09-24-2012, 03:56 AM
Banned

yea youll also wanna level on undead mobs id assume. low hp ones...
Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Sarnak

Default yup..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why people suggest ghoulbane when you can get a baton of faith for 200pp or a sword of the mourning for <1k.
Yeah what Pasi said -- forget ghoulbane, or really anything else. Baton of faith can literally be picked up for about 200pp or even less and is 30/40 2HB. The DPS on this post 20 trashes ghoulbane even vs. undead. As an untwinked paladin there really is no other answer for a cheap, effective weapon. Additionally, there aren't a whole lot of droppable upgrades to a BoF and most of them are fairly expensive for a first time character.

My experience here with this is my first char on P99 was a paladin, who I took up to about 52. I did get a ghoulbane around level 20 (and it was expensive/took a lotta jumping through hoops to afford). Lvl 20 is when it starts proccing. It WAS a lot of fun in unrest and seemed pretty overpowered, but as soon as I saw another pally w a BoF I realized I had made a mistake. Sold the GB for a few pieces of DW and never looked back.

Also as to the paladin class in general -- I loved it right up until about 50. Post 50 (even 40s) even with amazing equipment your DPS is almost inconsequential. Someone earlier said gun to your head, just pull the trigger on that gun instead of solo leveling a pally, and I'd have to agree. A paladin's strength is their (essentially awesome) snap aggro, making them good tanks for experience groups. Their heals / undead nukes in theory make them sound like they could solo, but the dps is just not there to do in any way that is even marginally efficient.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Without a fungi tunic i wouldn't bother if strict soloing is your goal. Once you hit 45, a Deepwater helm will help a lot - but dark blue mobs become harder and harder to solo. The exp will not be good.

I played a Paladin to 65 on live, I'd solo if i only had 5 minutes to play or while I was LFG. But the xp in groups is unquestionably better and, without raid gear, you won't be taking on targets solo of any real value.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao Swish please explain that gif to me, I always laugh when I see it. It looks like a dog with post traumatic stress disorder who can no longer enjoy cupcakes due to his mental damage
BEHOLD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTuOr2vlC-c

The Vietnam flashback version is a bit of YouTube creativity, better than the original (and with YouTube you know there's always a bunch of others!)
Closed Thread