Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

I'll post once and then Divinity is staying out of this.

We have 3 options for raid bosses:

A.) 7 day static spawn to the minute (i.e. Vox spawns next Thursday at 7:03pm)
B.) 7 day variant spawn +/- 48 hours (i.e. Vox spawns sometime in the next 120 hours)
C.) Rotation. (Fish Bait gets Vox)

Option C is off the table. There are too many guilds who can kill raid bosses if given the chance, and there is not enough end-game content to spread around to everyone evenly. Option A encourages spawn camping more than anything. First guild to have 15 people sitting at a staging area 24 hours before the known spawn time wins.

That leaves option B. Between now and the next 120 hours, a boss will spawn. This option gives all guilds the same chance to track, mobilize and kill said spawn. If individuals want to camp a tracker in the zone for 5 days straight, so be it. We all have that option available to us.

You're argument against a spawn variance is very, very weak. If someone is so inclined to hack in order to gain an advantage on raid bosses, a few threads on the forums aren't going to stop them. It is up to the guilds to police their own members, and the devs to do what they can to track and detect hackers. If there was one member of my guild who constantly was alerting us that a boss was going to spawn, I'd have to question him. That said, with this thread you are accusing IB, Divinity, Fish Bait, In Virtue, Gothic Circle, Europa, and every other guild of hacking. Not only did you accuse us of this, you linked a site for a hacking program so anyone temped to use such programs knows right where to go. Stupid idea.

You want to know where Divinity stands, and I think I speak for my whole guild when I say we support the spawn variance. It may not be the 100% perfect solution, but it's the best of the above 3 options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Last edited by Trimm; 03-16-2010 at 10:55 AM..
Old 03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Aviak

Every guild should have a PR guy like Trimm here. Makes Divinity look much better than the rest of the guild, where every member is spewing one bad thing out after the other.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

I find it personally offensive when Im being called a hacker by Dukat when I spent countless of sleepless hours camping raid targets for my guild.

Dukat, your a piece of shit in my books man.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill View Post
30 people that don't jobs, real lives, girls(ouch), school
Ok let me get this straight:

1. A guild swooping down on a boss after it spawns (within minutes to hours-depending on when the boss spawns) means they got no jobs, no lives and no gf and are bums. Check.

2. A guild "camping" an empty room for 24 hours means they got jobs, have important lives and have multiple girlfriends while being immensely successful in life. Check.

3. Rotation is "fair" provided your one of the guilds "in" the rotation. Check.

4. Rotation is NOT fair and we (trans) have been bitching diligently ever since it got implemented. Check.

5. Trans is better than IB in every aspect, we talked the talk and haven't said anything when rotation got lifted to prove we are better. Check.

6. After getting our (trans) ass kicked the current system must be flawed as there's no way IB can be better then us. Check.

7. Had we (trans) been dominating the raid content AFTER rotation got lifted we would have made sure to keep crying to change this "unfair" system. As we're all for the having "everyone and their mom" get boss kills every week. Check.

8. All other raiding guilds are ok with competition but we're (trans) not because let's face it this game is 10 years old and we got better shit to do in RL so let's go back to sitting in front of a boss 24 hours before it spawns. Check.

9. How does IB keep killing a boss before other guilds? They must be hacking no other explanation. Check.

10. We're (trans) telling you guys that such hacks exist and in fact will promote people to use it just to prove a point that the system is vulnerable. Once again we would have stated such things EVEN if trans were the ones killing all the bosses. Check.

I could go on forever.... see the current system IS fair to all guilds. There were many times when IB was beat to a boss and lost our rights to the first attempt. We only got the kill after X guilds failed in their attempts, something that over time the other guilds will quickly pick up and before long other guilds will be killing their share.

The biggest joke in this whole issue is how Trans talked so much crap about how awesome they are then goes on to claim they really are a casual guild with average joe's best interest at heart. If everyone killing all the bosses every week was so important to you guys then why not just run your own private server? You can pop Nag every hour on the hour to get the "thrill" of killing X boss after 10years.

Not all raiding guilds are the same. To be successful you need people that are ALL on the same page. Something that a lot of the raiding guilds out there have a hard time building. IB is not "better" then any guilds out there. We just happen to be a bunch of individuals that all want the same things and believe in pulling our own weight to make it happen.

Lastly, this hacking thing is REALLY getting out of hand. I know you guys are arguing for the sake of arguing but it's really ridiculous to read some of the crap being posted here. You can even ask your ex trans guildmates that ended up joining us. Nobody in IB is hacking to spawn a boss, or predict when a boss spawns or w/e other nonsense you all believe in. It's called setting up a rotation of trackers (hard work omg) to mobilizing as quickly as we can. For a guild that's willing to sit in front of a boss 24 hours, I'm surprised you guys are having such a rough time figuring out when a boss pops.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Thank you <Transcendence>, for continuing the QQ.
This was an awesome way to wake up!!
I'm roffling soooo fucking hard!
GTG for a bit, I'll be back later.
Also, great post Wrei!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Touche Hasbin, well played. Unfortunately I'll always have the one-up on you for being a halfling bandit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guineapig: Trimm is right
Bah, how dare you quote me agreeing with you in your sig! I was high! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

Deano, I was 46 when rotation started... Yep.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Touche Hasbin, well played. Unfortunately I'll always have the one-up on you for being a halfling bandit!
Naturally, but I find that Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro! Don't you?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

I think the thing you guys are missing is its not that fact that we cant track things or we cant do what you guys are doing. We can. Its just tough to plan real life events around a schedule like this.

In classic EQ, you could plan around the boss spawns to a point. You can barely do that here. You can plan a 2 to 4 day window around certain bosses, and you have to be on call for all of those hours. You then, after getting that mob, have to be ready for the next one, 6 per week. Anyone who wants every mob and a chance at real life is kidding themselves.

We weren't and aren't trying to QQ and whatnot. We are trying to come up with a solution that would eliminate cheating, and promote the overall health of the server. The fact that you guys (IB) are so angry and immediately aggainst what we had to say is frightening to say the least.

The fact that people do not want to elave their kids baseball games, jump ship from work, or get out of bed with their wives to jump on a raid boss at whatever time it may be sucks. Sure. But what sucks even worse is that you guys are able to do that and give yourselves completely up to an emulator. Thats awesome that you guys got naggy #1 and naggy #3546. I mean it really makes you look cool dude. Hasbin, go to a bar, get a girl, and tell that girl that you cant go to dinner the next evening because you need to log onto a guild druid and track for a boss. Whats she gonna say?

All you guys did was jump on the post and troll immediately. Trying to incite emotions, and shoot everyone else down without actually adding anything constructive to something that was supposed to be a good, adult discussion. I find it sad that at the age of 18, I feel more mature than most of you here.

And hasbin, look at your sig again. Are you really embracing the "live in your mom's basement and forum troll" lifestyle? You're pathetic dude.
Last edited by Taluvill; 03-16-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Closed Thread