Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just did a new install with Wineskin. Cannot find any info on forums ... how to install the DuxaUI on the Mac side. ( Got used to it on the Bootcamp/XP ) side.

Thanks for any help !
Right click the install go to the folder that houses P99 and search fit the uifiles folder. Drag and drop an unzipped folder in there. Make sure to Google for the folder zip
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

But the DuxaUI I have downloaded is an .exe file. I cannot put it into the Program Files/Sony/Everquest/UIfiles ( currently have Default and Default-old ). Not sure what you mean by "google for the folder zip".

Also, another problem. Numlock is somehow bound to escape key. And Num8 is bound to 8. How to fix this ?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the DuxaUI I have downloaded is an .exe file. I cannot put it into the Program Files/Sony/Everquest/UIfiles ( currently have Default and Default-old ). Not sure what you mean by "google for the folder zip".

Also, another problem. Numlock is somehow bound to escape key. And Num8 is bound to 8. How to fix this ?
Let me help you here. Duxa UI is the one called Standalone. You downloaded the installer. I'm sure that'll work the same way you installed EQ, by using the Install Software button when you double click wineskin, but instead of messing with that, just download and open that.

As far as numlock and all that Alt + O opens the options menu in-game, in-game meaning when logged into the character and you're in the world, and if you go to the "Keys" tab and on the dropdown click around in there until you see Secondary matching your problem. You may also need to clear the Secondary on the Up Down Left and Right, as Original EQ used the Number Keys to move around, for those who wished to use their mouse less.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you for the link to Standalone. Executed it, but now back to outdated files. V32 to download again !

I express myself badly. Apologies to Ishio. However, in game does not distinguish 8 ( on the number keypad ) from 8 ( on the text side of keyboard ). Simply clearing the secondaries helps me not.

In the eqclient file...is this. Are these standard ? My Apple keyboard has "clear" as a name for what is ordinarily "NumLock" . In game, is functioning as a "clear" .

[KeyMaps]
KEYMAPPING_FORWARD_2=0
KEYMAPPING_BACK_2=0
KEYMAPPING_BACK_1=0
KEYMAPPING_RIGHT_1=0
KEYMAPPING_FORWARD_1=0
KEYMAPPING_LEFT_1=0
KEYMAPPING_RIGHT_2=0
KEYMAPPING_LEFT_2=0
KEYMAPPING_PITCHUP_1=0
KEYMAPPING_PITCHDOWN_1=0
KEYMAPPING_CENTERVIEW_1=0
KEYMAPPING_PITCHUP_2=0
KEYMAPPING_PITCHDOWN_2=0
KEYMAPPING_CENTERVIEW_2=0
KEYMAPPING_AUTORUN_1=0
KEYMAPPING_CAST1_1=2
KEYMAPPING_CAST2_1=3
KEYMAPPING_CAST3_1=4
KEYMAPPING_CAST4_1=5
KEYMAPPING_CAST5_1=6
KEYMAPPING_CAST6_1=7
KEYMAPPING_CAST7_1=8
KEYMAPPING_CAST8_1=9
KEYMAPPING_CAST9_1=10
KEYMAPPING_CMD_STOP_CAST_1=1073741855
Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

I am having trouble loading Duxa's UI. I have unzipped the folder and put it into the correct folder in finder. When I try to load it, it does not work and it doesn't show it in the Alt + O menu under skins. Do I need to do something for wineskin to reread through the files?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Did a fresh install using Innova's guide. On attempting to run, get a error message that reads "The program has encountered a serious problem and needs to close". Performing the test run yields the same result. I refreshed the wrapper and tried using different engines but could not get one that would work.

I am running OSX 10.9.2 and wineskin 2.6.0. Has anybody else had the same issue recently?

***EDIT***

Disregard...I totally skipped the WindowsMode=TRUE
Last edited by khorinn; 05-01-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Aviak

I followed the Mavericks guide step by step but all my character models are invisible. Everyone looks like a shadowed man. Any idea what's going on?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. Apparently I had to set it to use only one core.
Last edited by hynch; 06-27-2014 at 12:09 AM..
Old 06-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Large Bat

I set this up on a 2011 MacBook Air running Mavericks by simply following the guide in the OP. At first it wouldn't work but I found a VERY simple fix. In the Project 1999 app (use show contents to get there) you'll find the wineskin app. Just open that and choose Advanced. Then choose the Tools tab and on the right you'll see an option to update the wrapper. Just do that and it should work fine.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Large Rat

I've been absent for a bit and just returned. I tried my guide again (page 29, post 281) on Mavericks 10.9.4 and the only difference is I used the latest Project 1999 Files (V33).

It still works fine for me without any issues, however I'll look into the problems people are having to see if I can find some solutions.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Default Nothing happened..

I did Innova's install a few weeks ago and everything worked flawlessly.

I tried getting on today, nada. When I tried opening my P99 icon, nothing happened, wasn't in dock, nothing. I updated engine, wrapper, etc. Nada.

Just finished a complete reinstall with Wineskin 1.7.22 and it works. Not sure what prior version was a few weeks ago. Go figure!
Last edited by WizardEQ; 07-20-2014 at 01:00 AM..