Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Banned

I believe audio triggers are disabled. Not classic.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

SESAME STREET
Old 12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

What methods does everyone use as a bard to kite? Does everyone have their own unique way? Right now my bard is level 7 and I use the level 2 AoE DoT with Selos.

I basically round up all the mobs and then start running in a circle(using forward and tapping left or right) until they are close together. Then I break the circle and do a tangent type move by doing a normal left or right strafe until they are just within range of me. (Have to time it right because if they get too close they'll hit me.)

I hit them with the dot then strafe/turn away the other direction to move away. Then start circling again.

Mostly do sort of a large figure eight with that or an oval. I know some might say "whatever works" but if people are running in a consistent circles and getting it done just as well, I wanna know. Especially when not using SoW or Selos.

Also, do you get hit often? Usually 1 out of every 5 attempts to DoT, I'll get hit by the mobs.

Not sure if it's because I use that AoE DoT and it's close range that makes it risky.

Side question - What are some good mobs to kite from 8 to 18 around the Qeynos area? I was doing Gnolls outside Splitpaw but doesn't quite hit the spot anymore and there's not enough of them.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

lol at people that argue about the name of a technique
Old 12-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What methods does everyone use as a bard to kite? Does everyone have their own unique way? Right now my bard is level 7 and I use the level 2 AoE DoT with Selos.

I basically round up all the mobs and then start running in a circle(using forward and tapping left or right) until they are close together. Then I break the circle and do a tangent type move by doing a normal left or right strafe until they are just within range of me. (Have to time it right because if they get too close they'll hit me.)

I hit them with the dot then strafe/turn away the other direction to move away. Then start circling again.

Mostly do sort of a large figure eight with that or an oval. I know some might say "whatever works" but if people are running in a consistent circles and getting it done just as well, I wanna know. Especially when not using SoW or Selos.

Also, do you get hit often? Usually 1 out of every 5 attempts to DoT, I'll get hit by the mobs.

Not sure if it's because I use that AoE DoT and it's close range that makes it risky.

Side question - What are some good mobs to kite from 8 to 18 around the Qeynos area? I was doing Gnolls outside Splitpaw but doesn't quite hit the spot anymore and there's not enough of them.
that's alot of work. just strafe run and which ever way your going just turn into the swarm slowly instead of tapping using your mouse and right clicking. while you start turning in your song should be casted
Old 12-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default lvl 4 bard aoe kiting :)

new to bard kiting but im gettin the hang of it - - - 20+ corpses

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

zzzz... perfect circles errry time. No bard on my level. 60hour long kite sessions w/ two broken (fractured) wrists. Biggest pull was probably entire SK zone at 30, got 25% of hell level.

Depending on time of day (due to zone in lag), would twist L18 dot or L2/18 dots while substituting instruments on cursor

Old 12-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
zzzz... perfect circles errry time. No bard on my level. 60hour long kite sessions w/ two broken (fractured) wrists. Biggest pull was probably entire SK zone at 30, got 25% of hell level.

Depending on time of day (due to zone in lag), would twist L18 dot or L2/18 dots while substituting instruments on cursor
You seem new to bards... didn't you ragequit red after you couldn't compete with the other players? Plus didn't you sort of brag about dying more than anyone else on the server? Im gonna go out on a limb and say there are paraboly some better bards out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be interested in knowing how much exp I really did w/ exp leeching/exp penalties/75+ exp deaths/44 Levels, lol god damn if it isn't over 60. I'll take a free L60 if kunark ever comes out. I do think its funny that anyone would try bragging about their snail-pace, poopsock necessary leveling to 50 after I didn't play for over 3 days straight, another 1-2 stint, had pretty much leveled the two highest level characters on the server L28/9+L25, did it all solo (well reverse-solo considering the above), vs..
Sidenote: look at how hes bragging that he didn't play for a whole 3-day period. TELL ME THAT AINT FUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Orc

Looks like lots of fun coach cast!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

dont need a ui
Closed Thread