Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

This thread has really changed the way I view Paradigm Shift. I request that PS works swiftly to restore my favor with them. I accept both money and pixels. Thank you
Old 09-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He wasnt in zone or online for almost an hour.
But that's fine.

The rules you linked specify the person needs to be there for first placeholder after the first person has looted their item.
Nowhere does it state the person the person needs to be in zone or even online.

The rules even specifically mention the person taking over needing to be there on time for the first placeholder (which some leeway for being late) which indicates that the person doesn't need to be present at that particular camp. This can mean the person can be away from the zone and therefore out of the zone or even an a different character. Unless it was specifically specified they can't.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember. I've been in line with people and not been in the zone, I've camped a spawn and had other people on my list not be in zone. Very typical for AC spawn in OoT for example. I've never seen anyone interpret the rules as you do or complain about them.

Personally when I'm camping something I always make the suggestion for the person next in line to get on an alt to do something productive other than sitting around and to send me a tell from the character they're on so I can inform them.

I'm not trying to make fun of you and I genuinely suggest you re-read the rules you provided and see if the perspective offered by everyone else is indeed supported by those rules. It may save you some frustration in the future.

I don't see anything the PS person did that is shitty. It's allowed by the rules, very commonplace, accepted by GMs and the playing population at large and fair.

The rules ARE clear though about player made agreements. If they tell you you're next, you're next. They can not change their list.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RoZ has a healthy prime time [EST] average of 150-200.
Interesting definition of healthy.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gredoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting definition of healthy.
To be fair, I'd say half of those are actually real players and 50-100 of those maniacs probably feel like 1000 normal people.

Lord knows they weigh the same.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

:so happy it's Friday! Going to get a drink after work. You have a good week?

:no. I'm extremely upset about vopuk shralok

:what's that?

:it's a level 20 orc in an obscure, private virtual elf world that spawns every 6 minutes. There was a long line of adventurers waiting their turn to slay him and it was taking too long.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]h, you're still into that huh. Well lemme know if you can come to happy hour I guess.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Large Rat

lol
Old 09-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

:it's a level 20 orc in an obscure, private virtual elf world that spawns every 6 minutes. There was a long line of adventurers waiting their turn to slay him and it was taking too long.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]h, you're still into that huh. Well lemme know if you can come to happy hour I guess.
It’s a 5 minute spawn. RIP
Old 09-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

smilin hard
Old 09-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Banned

"i'm extremely upset about vopuk shralok"
Old 09-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://i.imgur.com/6IK8vMH.png

For some context, that Poked guy showed up like a hour later. No GM's answered the petition that im aware of. The twats were rewarded with an the second spawn after Lokill left. I got one right after he did.

Everyone got pixels but ima still put PS on blast.
no one should have been rewarded with an
Closed Thread