Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle
I should also probably mention this as I think this is where you're getting confused. The world server is specific to that individual server. P99 has it's own world server, P99 Red has it's own world server, PEQ has it's own world server, EZ has it's own world server, THF has it's own world server, and EVERY single zone on each server has their own individual zone servers. However EVERY server shares the same login server. If the world server drops it only affects the server that world server belonged to. If the login server drops, EQEmu doesn't work....period. People can't log in, people can play, servers can't connect. Even the EQEmu forums go down, as they are hosted on the same box. Or at least were once upon a time, I'm unsure if they still are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordNboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I thought the worldserver was literally that: A server for all worlds (servers). Otherwise, we're on the same page. Practice on not being so mad all of the time though? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks.
Mad where? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Darkatar; 08-04-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Large Rat

so how long will the server be down for?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbsauce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
until someone with the authority to press the reset button wakes up, I'm assuming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbsauce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too long, man, too long. Although I'm about to go enjoy beautiful Brown County, Indiana so I suppose I don't care much. As long as it's back up tomorrow!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordNboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too long, man, too long. Although I'm about to go enjoy beautiful Brown County, Indiana so I suppose I don't care much. As long as it's back up tomorrow!
enjoy that 95% humidity 95deg. F and the next 2 days of rain for me, kthx.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

I will. I live here and I'm used to it, lol. I'll also breathe some fresh air for you because you sound like you need it. On the subject of rain, we need it desperately, so I will enjoy it very much!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
until someone with the authority to press the reset button wakes up, I'm assuming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hence my continual comments about a European time zone GM.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

can we please fix this...
Old 08-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

This would happen on my only day off from work and first day all week to actually get a decent session in. Why are the GMs against me!? =(
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hence my continual comments about a European time zone GM.
that or have a series of scripts setup to query the worldserver and either A:Reset the server if it detects issues or B:Notify someone (or everyone with permission to reset the server) if it detects an issue

We can't just have a euro GM because we need someone on a certain time schedule...schedules change! I certainly don't want them to scrape the barrel if there are no suitable GM apps in a certain timezone
Closed Thread