Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontaidoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I charge people 100pp for a port. People go "100PP?!?!?!?!" all the time, but that's what I consider my time worth. "But mana is free!!!!" WRONG. Mana = TIME. My time = MONEY. THUS Mana = Money!!! OMG CORRECT! I could be killing seafuries or camping dino/ac instead of porting you. Tralala
i bet you get told you fuck off more than you're going to admit when you reply to this

Asher
Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Aviak

I consider anything above 40pp to be a good tip. The way I look at it, I can make about 100 plat off the time it takes me to port you (if I was quadding hill giants) - but chances are as I'm not actively doing that when you ask and I say yes, half that amount is fine too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

As a porter I tend to not even bother for anything under 40p

If you are standing right next to me in EC tunnel or catch me at a ring... maybe 20p-30p.

Only time I would port for under 20p is if its a lowbie.

CR = free always.
1-20 = free or whatever they want to give.

95% of the ports I do are 40p-100p. That would be because I ignore people who are asking for 20p ports. I will leave them to the lowbie druids and wizards. I also always ask what a person is paying for port if they neglect to mention it in their shout. neglecting to mention what you are paying in your shout tends to mean you are a 30p or below payer imo and know you will get less response if you say how much publicly.

to the cleric with the res comment... I have never paid under 100p per corpse for a res.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

50pp is pretty much my standard, sometimes up to 100 if I'm trying to leave an area after a good farming session.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Greedy druids...

and fu all the druids who i've paid 50-100p for a port for who didn't sow me. That's after i clarity + insight them too... effectually increasing their porting capability!

I enchant things...
Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

I don't know where these people are. 90% of the ports I have ever given I received 10-20p. Obviously, I am not quick to answer when people are pleading for ports in /ooc.

"I'll pay you. You don't understand, it's a matter of life and death. If I don't get to.."
"How much?"
"Fifty dollars."
"..uh huh..."
"Well, you just said you lost everything you own."
"..well, not my sense of humor!"
"Well, I'll pay you one hundred dollars. TWO hundred dollars."
"I'll do it. For Five."
"WHAT?"
"I'll pay you two hundred fifty dollars."
"Now, I ain't cheap. But I can be had. My minimum price for taking a stranded woman to a telephone is 400 dollars."
"Will you take 375 in traveler's checks?"
"American Express?"
"Of course."
"You've got a deal."
"Good."
Old 02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Wow I feel like an asshole now. But to be fair, I'm a monk and don't keep that much on me. (Net *liquid* worth ~900p). Typically 15p or all the platinum I have on me.

Sorry druids, i'll be rich one day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow I feel like an asshole now. But to be fair, I'm a monk and don't keep that much on me. (Net *liquid* worth ~900p). Typically 15p or all the platinum I have on me.

Sorry druids, i'll be rich one day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get some cha gear, and keep your cash on you in form of stacks of gems. Buy a stack of sapphires (100p each) star rubies (69ish p each)

Or just carry stacks of peridots and hand 5 or so for a port. It's simple enough. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get some cha gear, and keep your cash on you in form of stacks of gems. Buy a stack of sapphires (100p each) star rubies (69ish p each)

Or just carry stacks of peridots and hand 5 or so for a port. It's simple enough. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

My mage is in the Karanas. That is hell and gone from any bank. I am constantly buying gems at the vendors and reselling them to convert g/s/c into p. Sure you lose a little, but it's better than 1) being without cash, and 2) burning s/c because it's heavy.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

50 plat
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Closed Thread