Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

When I 1v1 a shadowknight he just has to tap me once or twice, land a couple jousts and ht me as a rogue, therefore shadowknights are OP?

Shouldn't ever be considered for 1v1 - but if it needs a 22% overall dps boost to stop the QQ then w/e.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

167 cr is actually pretty damn high.
But I do still agree that the partials should be a bit higher, not much.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Well the FR was 149 and the results was even worse. CR is the easiest resist by far to get high. I'm not sure at what number you start to get these shitty results. I'm gonna do a test later with 120-130ish instead to see what the results are. Might be some minor bug after the event cause I haven't been able to land a full dmg nuke on anyone so far.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Banned

not going to waste my time arguing, i had the highest resistances of most people on the server and spent significant amounts of time testing resistances to find the sweet spots to build my gear around in addition to the years of pvp. starfires, ice comets, conflags, draughts, mage bolts simply did not give red text resists beyond the low default chance. period. it just didnt happen, dont know anything about sunstrike, didnt play a wizard and wizards were using lures at that juncture some spells never did act right regardless of what resist table they were on (such as all of my rain spells, nothing but full resists), if you want to insult me by saying i am a liar or dont remember right thats fine, but thats how it was, it isnt like i want resistances gimped so i can be shitcanned in 2 casts, but making it so anyone with basic entry level gear or a buff need not worry about anything other than a slight dent to their hit points isnt right either.

personally i am annoyed and feel as though all the conversations and time i spent with you testing these things were a waste of time given that thus far every single thing i have pointed out and brought up seems to have been completely ignored or gone in the opposite direction in spite of the fact that it appeared we reached an understanding on some things. (ie pointing out the fallacy of 32 damage minimum hits weeks ago, saying it would be adjusted and then it being that way anyway, the whole snares/roots stripping speed buffs thing and so on) since the overwhelming majority of the people on these boards are morons AND never played the game at a competitive level during that timeframe i am one of the handful here qualified to speak on it and frankly it pisses me off that i am still arguing with droolcups in every thread that dont know what the fuck their talking about.

regardless we are comparing a guy with 170 resistance saying he resists 1 in 4, so according to him 75% of the time he is not resisting. under your system currently someone with a shitty 124 resistance is resisting 40 - 60 percent of the time to the point that someone with an average mana pool would be unable to kill given classes that are afk without going out of mana.

170 vs 124 is huge, right now 124 here is far more effective at mitigating damage than 200 ever was on live.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

We see you and appreciate what you do Darwoth calm down bro. I think the problem is that you seem to be slightly biased sometimes and 1 person stating something is not going to make a major impact. Now you bringing it to light and Love here doing the same you are getting numbers and have a much higher chance at getting through to the devs.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

and on a similar note damage shields are still doing reduced pvp damage, as are dots in pve.
Last edited by Darwoth; 10-31-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We see you and appreciate what you do Darwoth calm down bro. I think the problem is that you seem to be slightly biased sometimes and 1 person stating something is not going to make a major impact. Now you bringing it to light and Love here doing the same you are getting numbers and have a much higher chance at getting through to the devs.
WTF? Every PURECASTER I have talk with agree that the resist system is not correct and unbalanced, so untill you roll a PURECASTER and lvl him/her to 50lvl and test the same finding as we have..STFU
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF? Every PURECASTER I have talk with agree that the resist system is not correct and unbalanced, so untill you roll a PURECASTER and lvl him/her to 50lvl and test the same finding as we have..STFU
What the hell is your problem? I did not even mention shit about the resist system in that post, I was speaking about Darwoth. Not to mention 2 post up I fucking agree with you. Learn to read.
Last edited by Crenshinabon; 10-31-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

LOL someone should just ask a dev on the live forums on how it is/was.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Btw are Necro and SK lifetaps unresistable and always do full dmg? If so then a lifetap is almost the most damaging nuke and it gives life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread