Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So we need to ban Knives, Blunt Weapons, and Fists too? Those are used to kill people as much as guns are.
I would like to see you kill 22 people in a movie theater with your fists.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that people live with such an incredible amount of fear is hilarious to me. Like Sauron is amassing power in the shadows to eventually break into your house, rape your wife, and steal your TV. The unforeseen threat that is out there. The bomb that could go off at any second. The gang bangers that are going to empty your house. The Charlie Manson cult breaking in. You gun nuts are fuckin pussy paranoid psychos man. I laugh at all the people who think that the solution to crime is to GI Joe lockdown.

It gets so ridiculous sometimes, I have a friend's parents who have door jams so you can't kick in the door, a pistol that fires shot gun shells called a Judge among several other pistols, some of which have lazer grips, and enough ammo and food supplies to make it through the apocalypse that is right around the corner.
Most of these comments come from middle or upper class folks that have no grip on reality outside of their suburban world. And most people that own guns aren't 'gun nuts' but uninformed and clueless kids (that become uninformed and clueless adults) classify them that way. Most of these people probably don't have families or anything worth protecting or have ever been in a position where their life has been at risk. Look at any natural disaster, even one that just happened here in my own state of Colorado, which has little in the way of natural disasters. The first thing that happens is looting and robbery. While I'm not worried about my possessions as they are replaceable, if a natural disaster were to happen or someone broke into my house, and my family was put in jeopardy, I would without a doubt put a bullet into someone and risk going to prison then let someone else take/hurt my family. I think any father would be willing to sacrifice that for their family.

And many people I know are like me in that I own guns, and yes, I enjoying going to the range, but I hope to never have to use them against somebody. And as far as lasers and other accessories, I'm not into that, but it's just like anything else. I'm a computer nut, so I like to have the latest and greatest hardware/software/cooling equipment. Other people get into guns just the same. You'll always have people on the extreme, but assuming that anyone that doesn't hate guns is a gun nut or a 'prepper', is purely naive.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

I want more guns than just my SW 500. Shooting other gun owners along with rednecks could be a good pastime~
I need something with a clip. MOAR ROUNDS!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to see you kill 22 people in a movie theater with your fists.
Nope... But if other people were armed they could have stopped the one person.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

If you try to disarm the rural area's of the country there will be mass bloodshed. I promise.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Kobold

You could take away every gun in this country and the only thing it would do is create gun trafficking from the borders and then only our Criminals would be armed.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Go USA! #1 in DEATH from GUNS! Yeah! So psyched
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Orc

I think a part of this debate that is missing too is that not all guns are equal. Most people, including myself, don't have a problem if people want to keep a shotgun around for defense. Shotguns can't be concealed and are effective at home defense. They are also more difficult to use to kill massive amounts of people when someone decides to lose their shit. Pistols and assault weapons are the real point of contention, pistols because they are exclusively used to kill people and can be concealed, assault weapons for obvious reasons.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope... But if other people were armed they could have stopped the one person.
In this instance, I don't agree. I have my concealed carry, but if I was in that movie theater (also next to my home town here in Colorado), I would not have pulled. Trying to shoot someone dressed in black in a dark room filled with 100+ frantic people trying to flee would most likely do more harm than good. He chose that situation wisely and knew exactly what he was doing. Premeditated and preplanned to make it difficult for anyone to fight back in any way.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go USA! #1 in DEATH from GUNS! Yeah! So psyched
WRONG
Closed Thread