Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assure you that not a single person here believes you are living some kind of good life like you try to pretend.

You sound extremely bitter and insecure.
Hmm.. define 'good life'? I don't believe I am pretending that I am living some kind of 'good life'... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

There is nothing wrong with the top 1% of a capitalist society controlling 40% of the wealth just like there is nothing wrong with monarchies and feudal governments.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

You are insanely insecure about your own and other people's finances. The mark of someone who is desperate trying to compensate for some kind of failure he's had in his life.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

^ @vaylorie
Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

Stop attacking vaylorie guys! I mean who really cares that apple's annual profits can easily pay for the US's deficit?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Xenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these questions and more were answered in the video I posted if you bothered to pay attention.
As far as your second question, the group is called the 1% because they own over 40 of the wealth, the rest of us are called the..................?
Wait for it..................
The 99%!
Let me ask this. Assuming the fact that the wealthy 1% has 40% of the nations overall wealth, do you feel that this precludes you from becoming wealthy or growing wealth? The difference between you and I is that I don't disparage them because of their wealth nor have I experienced an inability to succeed because of the fact that someone else is exceedingly wealthy.

You're video even calls out that the bottom 20% don't invest in the market which has also grown by 1300% in the past 30 years. The wealth of the 1% fluctuates tremendously and grows tremendously because they invest. There are certainly immoral and corrupt politicians and wealthy people and everyone is right to be angry with them, but the fact that someone is wealthy does not preclude me from succeeding.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

In all honesty, I would agree with vaylorie if our politicians/law makers/law enforcers/regulating committees/etc. could not be so easily bought out.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop attacking vaylorie guys! I mean who really cares that apple's annual profits can easily pay for the US's deficit?
Good call. I don't know what planet you live on but 2012 Revenue for apple was around $150B (net income closer to $40B) and our federal deficit last year was around $1.1T. Yes, technically you could probably take all income from the fortune 500 companies and probably pay about 1/2 or perhaps 3/4 of the US annual deficit. This is a great idea, be sure to write your congressman!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaylorie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good call. I don't know what planet you live on but 2012 Revenue for apple was around $150B (net income closer to $40B) and our federal deficit last year was around $1.1T. Yes, technically you could probably take all income from the fortune 500 companies and probably pay about 1/2 or perhaps 3/4 of the US annual deficit. This is a great idea, be sure to write your congressman!
Your idea would also likely solve the wealth gap since the top 500 companies would also be worthless at that point and all the 1%'ers stocks would drop in value making everyone equally poor! I think you are on to something here...
Old 03-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaylorie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahaha, yeah, I was speaking in hyperbole, but the sad truth is this:
Take the top 500 companies that report a positive annual profit and tax it 30% and the deficit is about half gone. Don't believe me? Do the math. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...012/full_list/

A lot of these fortune 500 companies don't pay close to the 30% (most pay about 1%) they are supposed to because of the fucked corporate tax code which they lobbied for. (more sauce: http://www.ctj.org/pdf/notax2012.pdf) What is even more fucked is that this is only 500 corporations. A large portion of our spending problem would be solved if we stopped spending on these too big to fail companies, stopped giving them tax breaks and closed the tax loop holes.