Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

The find friends advice is good. Otherwise join a guild with lively guildchat and maybe Ventrillo for chatting. EQ is fun because its so social. Otherwise go play D3 or something.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Kobold

Maybe that's why I can't kite. I can't really clear the corners without putting stuff in the middle. I play on a fairly small notebook laptop. It's great for general purposes, but not a ton of room on screen.

Making friends at this point in the server's lifespan isn't as easy as it once was. People are set up. They're on alts looking to level, not meet new friends. In the 3 months I've been back at it here I've managed to get 3 people on my friends list.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Yeah IDK Man, I play on a 24 Inch widescreen....so havent had any issues haha.

I don't really have any characters in your range, most of my alts are mid 20s right now.

And as far as finding friends/group there are tons of new people coming on, post in Starting area for a static group, I've seen a few people doing that.
Last edited by Scikala; 04-09-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the 3 months I've been back at it here I've managed to get 3 people on my friends list.
Don't feel bad. I've gone almost five years without friending a single person.

I do the thing where I level a character, get bored, strip it and reroll something else. Over and over.

Most recently I've decided I want to break the cycle, so I've done something different. I made a rogue and bought his epic. It's the equivalent of getting a lady pregnant just to cement your commitment. It's exactly like that.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Haha. Yeah that's an apt comparison I guess. For me that's always been knowing I'll have a home on what I'm playing. In most MMOs I join a guild/group and they're all "we need XYZ class". So I roll it and level it. I'm just not sure how to do that here. I'm very worried that if I can't stick to a main soon, I'll quit. Last time I quit was right before Kunark. I really regretted it. Wish I had been playing here much longer. If I quit again, I'm worried I won't have the willpower to come back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Already so far behind the curve.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

You mention the curve a lot...but there really isn't one unless you've wanted to be a hardcore raider.

There are people who have been here the whole time and have more money then they know what to do with, but there are also lots of people who just play and haven't really amounted to anything in that regards.

I used to do what Barking did, and sort of what you're doing. I started when Kunark came out and was annoyed I missed classic, but you get over it.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Kobold

By the curve I just mean being at high end. Not bleeding edge raiding, but hunting for REAL gear, maybe hitting the planes once a month or so, just being able to be a real character. This sub 40 stuff is not at all fun and I'm sick to death of doing it.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

I know what you mean, and honestly if this was an actual time line you wouldnt be having that thought...because the market wouldnt be flooded with high end Kunark items/cheap prices.

I still love Uguk and for the first time did Kaesora and loved that. If you keep doing the same sub-40 stuff it's going to suck. That's just fact. And if youre so focused on the higher level stuff....you're going to get bored of anything that wont get you there ASAP.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't really start having fun groups until I was high enough for Castle Mistmoore really, 30s. The occasional Unrest main room or FP group, but those were more miss than hit. Always seemed like 1-2 members were perma-afk every single time I got in one of those and it got old. That doesn't work in MM because shits starting to get serious and people have to start knowing their roles.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

It's funny how people insist he tries red, even though he already said he did for many hours.
Closed Thread