Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

You guys worry too much about this game. Why care when VP is released? It will be here when it gets here.

The only reason why i think TR members are coming here is because the guild is dying out and not being able to raid with so many members living outside of p99. We all know that when VP comes out, you guys will get some members back for a few months (as well with epics). Just relax bros.

Go out and have some fun once.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned

BUT WHERE IS VP?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

All of you guys whining about this post and making it a TMO AND TR only issue have no concept of classic EQ. VP being open affects everyone who intends to raid on the server, because EQ PVE is a progression. If you don't plan on raiding, fine. But most of the server does.

I thought this server's original intent was to be classic and emulate the classic experience? I know GMs technically don't owe us anything, but I've done my part and played with honesty, care and good will towards my fellow players all the way through as well as turning on a lot of people to the server, throughout all the player drama, raid bullshit, bag poofs that haven't been addressed, etc. I just want to see this server be a better place and stick to its stated goals (to be classic)... which for the most part it has done since I started playing here 15 months ago.
Last edited by Fountree; 10-09-2011 at 10:13 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of you guys whining about this post and making it a TMO AND TR only issue have no concept of classic EQ. VP being open affects everyone who intends to raid on the server, because EQ PVE is a progression. If you don't plan on raiding, fine. But most of the server does.

I thought this server's original intent was to be classic and emulate the classic experience? I know GMs technically don't owe us anything, but I've done my part and played with honesty, care and good will towards my fellow players all the way through as well as turning on a lot of people to the server, throughout all the player drama, raid bullshit, bag poofs that haven't been addressed, etc. I just want to see this server be a better place and stick to its stated goals (to be classic)... which for the most part it has done since I started playing here 15 months ago.
This.

What separates this server from any random EQ EMU server is that it is meant to resemble the classic experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by project1999.org
Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward.
That's the quote that greets you when you first come to this site. There is more to the classic / Kunark era experience than making sure the drops in droga are right. For the experience to be classic, things need to happen in order.

In general, this server has been amazing about that sort of thing, going back to guises, rubicite, lustrous and manastones being in then out, patches happening in the right order to change mechanics, etc. Nilbog obviously care deeply for the "classicness" of the server, or he wouldn't get so excited about things like being able to remove maps or brown skeletons. That's why doing something like releasing the hole and working on epics before VP is released is so confusing and out of character.

Even if VP popped open tonight, either guild would be attacking it with at least 40 keyed people due to how long we've been waiting, possibly trivializing some of the encounters based purely on numbers. Every day that goes by, the classic experience of Kunark raiding deviates further from actually being classic.

I'm not going to get sucked into a flame war, but I want to respond to one other general point:

Implying that VP affects only a small fraction of the active playerbase is, quite frankly, ignorant. By that logic, Velious opening wouldn't change anything either. VP *doubles* the amount of raid targets in Kunark. Even if they end up being somewhat easy due to all the keys that are on the server, it's still a zone that takes the people raiding it away from other targets for an extended period of time because of how you have to enter, exit and move around the zone / deal with trash.

Anyone who has killed the bee boss or spiroc lord could kill kunark dragons if given the chance. Those chances will be significantly more frequent when you spread out the top guilds.

Off the top of my head, that impacts:
TR
TMO
VD
Taken
BDA
Reclamation
and all the people who are turned off to raiding guilds because of the overcrowding at the top right now.

There are a LOT of people represented by those guilds, and they tend to be the most active people on the server. To pretend that a major chunk of the active playerbase wouldn't be affected is ridiculous. Maybe it's not 51%, but I bet it's not far off.

Cheers.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

What separates this server from any random EQ EMU server is that it is meant to resemble the classic experience.

That's the quote that greets you when you first come to this site. There is more to the classic / Kunark era experience than making sure the drops in droga are right. For the experience to be classic, things need to happen in order.

In general, this server has been amazing about that sort of thing, going back to guises, rubicite, lustrous and manastones being in then out, patches happening in the right order to change mechanics, etc. Nilbog obviously care deeply for the "classicness" of the server, or he wouldn't get so excited about things like being able to remove maps or brown skeletons. That's why doing something like releasing the hole and working on epics before VP is released is so confusing and out of character.

Even if VP popped open tonight, either guild would be attacking it with at least 40 keyed people due to how long we've been waiting, possibly trivializing some of the encounters based purely on numbers. Every day that goes by, the classic experience of Kunark raiding deviates further from actually being classic.

I'm not going to get sucked into a flame war, but I want to respond to one other general point:

Implying that VP affects only a small fraction of the active playerbase is, quite frankly, ignorant. By that logic, Velious opening wouldn't change anything either. VP *doubles* the amount of raid targets in Kunark. Even if they end up being somewhat easy due to all the keys that are on the server, it's still a zone that takes the people raiding it away from other targets for an extended period of time because of how you have to enter, exit and move around the zone / deal with trash.

Anyone who has killed the bee boss or spiroc lord could kill kunark dragons if given the chance. Those chances will be significantly more frequent when you spread out the top guilds.

Off the top of my head, that impacts:
TR
TMO
VD
Taken
BDA
Reclamation
and all the people who are turned off to raiding guilds because of the overcrowding at the top right now.

There are a LOT of people represented by those guilds, and they tend to be the most active people on the server. To pretend that a major chunk of the active playerbase wouldn't be affected is ridiculous. Maybe it's not 51%, but I bet it's not far off.

Cheers.
This is very true.. this being released does nothing but help the entire server.

get in the hole lately ? oh yeah!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned

do you people think these developers owe you anything? your sense of entitlement is impressively pathetic.

PUSH IT BACK TO 2012
Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Shiftin, you guys were caught cheating and do not deserve the zone.
Opening VP only helps TR and TMO out and you know it.
You will still continue to zerg all of the shit that is available.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shiftin, you guys were caught cheating and do not deserve the zone.
Opening VP only helps TR and TMO out and you know it.
You will still continue to zerg all of the shit that is available.
20 of 320 caught cheating.....that's 6% of the cheaters in the top two guilds...your point is weak at best

The timeline on this server has been pretty close up until this point, most here are just wondering why the deviation all of a sudden?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20 of 320 caught cheating were actually stupid enough to cheat with guild tags on their characters.....the other 200 were not as stupid as Perun, who should draw a map of skyfire once a day.
I totally agree.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally agree.
Take your R n F behavior there, this is server chat.

Thanks
Closed Thread