Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Using /petition in Veeshan's Peak should DT the petitioner.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

I'm not sure you guys understand the amount of griefing that will take place if the VP key remains soul-bound.

Scenario: I'm a VP keyed monk. I have corpsed myself outside of VP so there is no risk of losing my gear. I loot my Shiny Brass Idol and zone into VP. The mechanics of FD on this server allow me to Feign Death around w/o ever aggroing mobs. So I can slowly make my way through the zone until I approach a raid. I stand up and click my Shiny Brass Idol and bring a train onto the heads of the raid. There is no PvP so I don't need to worry about that. I just need to worry about lasting long enough to get the mobs to the raid.

I die, oh well I'm only 90% into level 60 now. I lost maybe 30 minutes of time.

I can't wait.
Project Manager

I support CSR having no presence in VP regarding disputes or CR.
Fire Giant

Sounds great Rogean. Noob question, but what is CS?

Also, I think it would neat to see some sort of rule policing how VP and the other bosses work. For example, if you kill 3 or more bosses in VP, you are banned from killing Trak/PoF/PoH for one spawn or something along those lines. Granted, this would be difficult and time consuming to police, but it would give opportunities to other guilds to become competitive. Just my 2 cents!
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's something to talk about.. I have also heard that CS would not involve themselves in any matters whatsoever within veeshan's peak on eqlive back in the day. I think even nilbog confirmed this. That would make for some interesting situations in VP if the guilds were to start training / kill stealing eachother. I'm not against that if that's how the players want it to be.

Disclaimer: This will not be the case unless/until I officially state it is. Discuss it though, I'm interested to hear your opinions.
I believe this was the policy because guides were not allowed to enter VP after the instance of a crazed guide summoning people into the zone and binding them there. Stating no CSR would be offered reasonably follows if most of your CSR is not even allowed to zone in.

I don't personally have any interest in a train fest. I have a family and a job that I put before my recreational time and I don't have an interest in having to spend a huge chunk of the time I do have getting trains dropped on me while trying to CR or navigate and already difficult zone.

I think a question that needs to be answered before we decide the behavioral rules is what sort of variance will be involved (if any).
Old 10-21-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I support CSR having no presence in VP regarding disputes or CR.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Aviak

I'm all for competition, big fan. But I think at this point in time, saying no CS involvement is a terrible idea.

In the regular life cycle of the live game, VP was out with Kunark release, and most servers had one guild monopolize all their keys. Basically, the way it worked, was one guild got all the Traks, got keyed, cleared VP enough/until epics and then the next guild followed suit. This meant most servers actually had very, very little raid disputes in VP, it was almost always entirely a 1 guild zone.

It's exactly what would have happened here, if VP would have been ready on Kunark release. TR killed the first 3+ months of Trakanons, had 70+ keys, but no where to go. If VP was out, we would have cleared it, gotten all our loot out of it and be waiting for epics now. TMO would be in there now doing their thing. Again, there would have been few if any disputes, by the time TMO and DA merged, got Traks, got keys, we would be on our way out and the no CS rule would be just fine.

The problem is, VP wasn't ready on Kunark, TR got all their keys and now TMO has most of theirs, which means 2 fully capable VP guilds at the exact same time, neither of them having any VP items, meaning they're won't be any sort of quarter for mobs.

Point is, this worked on live because of the way guilds flowed through the zone, but given the point we're at on this server with the number of keys yet no loot derived from VP, you can't do it.

Think of it like this, or like Slathar is hitning at, it takes me and a CoH mage all of 5 minutes to set up and collectively put a guild back 100's of combined man hours (disease cloud a dragon pet, CoH, FD, Stand/FD). I could set that train on top of anyone in the zone, while sitting in a perfectly safe spot. Then what happens when we go compete on Trakanon again? Rules suddenly apply?

Let's not even mention KS groups.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Well I highly disagree with allowing disgruntled people to just train others endlessly without worry of suspension. But considering who is in TMO and TR and how they have behaved...I really think they deserve it. In VP a raid can quickly turn into a lengthy mass CR.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

If you guys don't like randoming for raid content, feel free to stop by the PVP server where you can slay your way to success.

lol wut
Old 10-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Large Rat

I say if they want to be ass hats let them pay the price, their shit rots.

Frees up your time and teaches them to play nice.

Plus could make the forums even better with the bitching and crying.
Closed Thread