Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Restrictions on scout roll?
Only characters level 55+ can roll 112 52.09%
Keep the scout roll as is 96 44.65%
Other (please elaborate in a post) 7 3.26%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what level can you complete Scout? If its lower than 55, then it's ridiculous for you to try and say that no one under 55 can roll.
Dude! This is a whinefest about loot, not a debate, logic has no place here.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Should only be able to roll if your guild can kill sontalak, otherwise youre just wasting everyones time for loot you have no business winning.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

No guild kills Sontalak
Old 09-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
higher level doesn't make u entitled to more shit. you contribute then you get a fair share. killing the giant doesn't require 55+ only. u must be a big time loser to think you are superior cuz you have a higher level toon.

my next CE camp i am going to deny anyone below 55 or below 60 to roll for loots, because

Reason #1
You seem very angry, calm down bud it's just a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resist on the rewards make them perfect for NV toons..so I see no problem with a 52 rolling.
Then again I have a hard time thinking that the staff would make a quest 55+ only just cause 5% of the server wants it or put any restriction on it unless someone can find prof that it was restricted in classic.
What are you going to do if a lowbie rolls and win, not help with the fight ?, I'm sure most can ask their guild mates to assist, if I am there I would help anyone with it even if it's a lev 1. (but he better be a gnome with a great name or else)
And if you go that way what happens when one of the ones that didn't help wins during an off hour time ? karma etc etc
You are either very bad at reading or have very poor eye sight, right now over 50% have voted in favor of the change, so saying that only 5% want it is something you made up in your head.

And the staff will enforce whatever agreements the players come to. Having a roll off for scout wasn't ever done at all on many classic servers, yet it is enforced by the staff here because it is what the player base has come to agree upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what level can you complete Scout? If its lower than 55, then it's ridiculous for you to try and say that no one under 55 can roll.
Again, the player base here can come to agreements that will be enforced by the staff, it is ridiculous for you to say that this change can never happen because...you don't like it? That being said, only a slight majority seem to be in favor of changing it so I doubt that's anywhere near enough to make this change happen, so you can relax.

The only thing that could be done at this point would be for players 55+ to agree to not help with the encounter if someone below 55 wins the roll, making it very difficult for them to complete it. I honestly don't care that much either way if there is a change, I just started this thread so we could get a feel for what the player base wants and because a few people PMed me asking me to create this poll.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right now over 50% have voted in favor of the change, so saying that only 5% want it is something you made up in your head.
Even 100% of this poll (with 133 responding at time of writing) doesn't make up as much as 5% of the server's population (which has 1002 active players at this exact time of writing).

People forget that there's a whole server full of players who never even look at these forums, let alone answer polls in them. It would be a pretty bad mistake to think that this (or any) forum poll somehow represents "the server".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even 100% of this poll (with 133 responding at time of writing) doesn't make up as much as 5% of the server's population (which has 1002 active players at this exact time of writing).

People forget that there's a whole server full of players who never even look at these forums, let alone answer polls in them. It would be a pretty bad mistake to think that this (or any) forum poll somehow represents "the server".
Ugh, I knew there would be some dumb response about how "only" 130 people voted in the poll and "only" 70 voted to change.

What would be a pretty bad mistake is to have no idea what a normal sample size in polling is, and try to draw your own conclusions without a basic knowledge of statistics. Using your estimate of 133 people being 5% of the server, that is actually a big enough sample to draw meaningful conclusions. We can say with 95% confidence that somewhere between 44%-60% (52% +/- 8%) of all the players on the server are in favor of a change based on the results of this poll. Facts are fun!
Last edited by remen; 09-17-2018 at 08:41 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this but about polling in general
Old 09-17-2018, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this but about polling in general
Another one...dumb people make me sad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Please read my last post so you can be less dumb and I can be less sad!
Old 09-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Let's count the multi account users shall we?

7thGate, anarch, Bakuryu13, bodenn, Buriedpast, bv2fg, Chucck, Core, Crawdad, Crom, d-tron, Doujou, DromalPhrenia, dyonak, Emmin, EQmerch, Feanoir, Femm, feniin, Flinky9234, fortior, garfo, HedleyKow, Hibbs, huron99, icedwards, jakerees, Jimjam, JohnT88, Just facts, kaev, Katran, Kindadar, Konfetti, Korpskugga, Lewkeng, loramin, Lunk, Mead, mefdinkins, Metham, MiRo2, misterbonkers, Narcol, Nexii, Officer, Olarin, Phenyl, Phenyo, Psyqo, publicexpo, Qtip, Shodo, Silmeria, Tiggles Mother, tolinwiz, Twochain, Vallaen, vandalin, wagorf, William_Munny15, yarmond1, yooperdave23, zodium
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using your estimate of 133 people being 5% of the server, that is actually a big enough sample to draw meaningful conclusions. We can say with 95% confidence that somewhere between 44%-60% (52% +/- 8%) of all the players on the server are in favor of a change based on the results of this poll. Facts are fun!
1 Forum posters don't represent the average p99 player
2 Your supposed facts don't show a significant majority either way

I suggest just getting good at rolling? You'll have time
Closed Thread