Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-21-2024, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a professional UX developer who has offered to code something better up for them in the past.

They never took me up on the offer, so we can only assume they are happy with their current tooling.
Or maybe they don't want you to put a dirty back door in
Old 05-21-2024, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think drop transfers cost the GMs any time at all. My understanding is they don't reimburse for lost items due to a drop transfer gone wrong.
They do, but shared bank would also alleviate more than just drop and pops, any kind of transfer would be aided by being able to use a shared bank versus seeking out another player to do these kind of moves

I get that a shared bank would be a major and glaring violation of classic principles and thus wont happen, but if you looked objectively at the principle involved it would be very consistent with many of the previous decisions made on this server and would definitely help with the backlog of GM petitions
Old 05-29-2024, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They do, but shared bank would also alleviate more than just drop and pops, any kind of transfer would be aided by being able to use a shared bank versus seeking out another player to do these kind of moves

I get that a shared bank would be a major and glaring violation of classic principles and thus wont happen, but if you looked objectively at the principle involved it would be very consistent with many of the previous decisions made on this server and would definitely help with the backlog of GM petitions
Yeah or at the very least a guild bank...although maybe not at the rate guild drama occurs people might raid the guild bank
Old 05-29-2024, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry guild bank meaning full shared bank just to alleviate the annoyance of having a guild bank character, spell bank character, etc.