It is detrimental to the server health 12 9.92%
Should be limited to certain times/places 22 18.18%
No opinion at all 23 19.01%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for getting in the conversation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just want to point out that you seem to be somewhat conflicted on what you are trying to say... Allow me to point out:

You start out by saying you are OK with PLing, then justify your position by stating that they should "be able to play the game they way they want" .. BUT...

Then, you state that PLers should realize that (the way they want to play) in crowded zones could "gobble up all the mobs". So in turn means they are now preventing someone else from playing the game, the way they want...

So Picked, it would seem your opinion should be, "I think PLing is OK, but should be restricted in a way" Is that correct? (I only seek clarity to understand your argument)

Thanks! (Btw if that is your position, there is a spot to vote that opinion)
I was just pointing out that the concept of power leveling doesn't bother me. But training people in MM to get more mobs does. I have exp'd 2 different characters to 50+ so far and inevitably I run into PL'ers fairly often. And it always turns ugly. A group is trying to kill some mobs and exp at a camp and the power leveling crew comes in, pulls everything, and if that isn't enough sometimes train to get more mobs.

I guess in a nutshell I am fine with power leveling. As long as they remain true to the rules of the server like training, and exploiting.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Don't mind so long as they don't interfere with non-plers.

Was at the giant fort in WW a few days ago when some monk tells me 'you're gonna have a hard time here bro'

I ask why and he says cuz he's taking all mobs for PL. Clearly he didn't care for anyone else but luckily I cared neither as I was chillin taking a few mobs now and then whilst readin and doing other RL shit.

Mind you even then there are sometimes advantages as he didn't want any of the loot so let me help myself.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't mind so long as they don't interfere with non-plers.

Was at the giant fort in WW a few days ago when some monk tells me 'you're gonna have a hard time here bro'

I ask why and he says cuz he's taking all mobs for PL. Clearly he didn't care for anyone else but luckily I cared neither as I was chillin taking a few mobs now and then whilst readin and doing other RL shit.

Mind you even then there are sometimes advantages as he didn't want any of the loot so let me help myself.
I've trained people to their death when they've said that to me when i was there before them
Old 10-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I got my 2 acc 2005 and i was sure not the only one boxing on AB.

About to take all mobs in a camp, its pure rudness imo, if i was exping or farming and there inc ppl who could get exp from the camp , i let them have it and go somewhere els, as a boxer ya have more then 1 option to get ya exp and gear, simple is that, play nice.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Developer

I have both enjoyed PLing others as well as getting PLed. Druids are particularly good at it. I would only have one rule--to not interfere with the experience of those at the proper level for the zone. Stealing mobs from them is just insanely wrong and should rightfully ruin their reputation.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I feel power leveling is detrimental to the true experience intended by the design of the game especially for first time players and first characters.

That said, I agree that people leveling alts (and heavy xp penalized hybrids) can get a bit tedious so while I don't advocate for power leveling I certainly dissuade it as a primary means of leveling.

I would agree that power leveling is indeed detrimental to the social health of the server if those doing so aren't respecting other players and gobbling up all the mobs in the vicinity, or worse perpetually causing trains in lower leveled zones from runaway mobs that aren't being taken care of.

I think with a degree of responsibility power leveling can be a useful exchange to bump up that xp rate and allows friends that are severely out of level to play together in a productive manner, allowing higher level players more choices at those levels. Though ultimately I don't think that power leveling was ever intended in the design of the game nor do I think it really adds much enjoyment to the play. If anything it trivializes the combat making the play even more mechanical and dull for the people benefiting, often at the cost of others enjoyment of the game.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Power leveling is an appropriate side effect of a game intended to promote social interaction.

If I'm level 50 and my friend creates a character, why the hell wouldn't I want to help get them up to speed and to a point where we can have adventure time together? Furthermore, why would a social game even think about restricting that in the slightest?

This chatter about 'rules' and 'regulations' in regards to powerleveling is completely absurd.

Also absurd - a poll option for not having an opinion. I guess if you have to put your apathy on display somewhere...might as well be a meaningless poll, right?