Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Still have hoop dreams. Ivandyr's hoop never forget.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Kobold

Well this is kind of a change/nerf thing but has to do with velious release. I noticed on the wurmy that is states "Note: Changed to PRIMARY only on blue in 2/13/13 patch (Possibly 02/21/2001 on live).
Note: Will Not Fit Inside Any Bag (Even Giant Size Bags) Until Velious. "

So this means that p1999 is using patch info from up through velious....does that mean that snare/root will stack since it was the jan 09, 2001 patch that changed it?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

Actually back in "classic" u could go into a room back away from someone drop twink items log your alt and collect items.. Not too sure this works or not on p99 was scared my items would disappear
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsloans84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually back in "classic" u could go into a room back away from someone drop twink items log your alt and collect items.. Not too sure this works or not on p99 was scared my items would disappear
Dropping items works, yes. But, as you said, you should be scared someone might pick them up, or if for some reason you couldn't log back in within the allotted time, they would disappear.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

What is alotted time on decay on p99
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I remember that if you tried to drop xfer items or coin near a vendor they would steal it from you. I feel like that was during kunark.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember that if you tried to drop xfer items or coin near a vendor they would steal it from you. I feel like that was during kunark.
NPCs picking up items happened from launch through present eqlive. This is slated to be developed here, but as of yet, the functionality does not exist. From my tests, there doesn't seem to be a common theme on which npcs will take items. If one could be found, great. Whenever I'm in a city, I often drop items as I run along and see who picks them up.

For example:

Quote:
Jracol Brestiage says 'Look what I found! I hear there's a good market for these back in Highpass.. lucky me!'

Hansl Bigroon picks up a discarded item from the ground and says, 'Don't people have enough respect for our grand city to not throw things onto the streets?!'

Barthal picks up a discarded item from the ground and says, 'Don't people have enough respect for our grand city to not throw things onto the streets?!'
After the functionality is added, we would also need to know which npcs are .. trash collectors, and what they say. Group effort for sure.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You couldn't drop coins on live.
Removed at the end of Velious. If/when we find a way to make this happen, we will.
Quote:
NOVEMBER 7, 2001

Added code that prevents player characters from dropping coins on the ground. This should prevent the loss of coins due to accident or scam.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011107.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Lord Shin Ree, ...he came later.
Willing to remove this guy if he's found to be non classic. Someone make a bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedduh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets eating majority exp if they out-damage the owner, nerf here that wasn't classic.
This wasn't removed until 2002.

Quote:
Pets no longer take experience in most situations
In the past, pets would take a full share of experience if they did the most damage to a creature. We've changed this rule as follows -

* Pets take ZERO experience from a creature, unless no player does damage to that creature.
* Pets take 75% of the experience from a creature - if no player does damage to that creature.
This means that your pet takes no experience from you or your group unless your pet kills a monster with no help from players. As long as you or your groupmates do damage to a monster, your pet will take ZERO experience.
http://www.mobhunter.com/mobhunter_a...943078749.html

JUNE 5, 2002

• Pets will not attack mesmerized creatures. Pets basically treat mesmerized NPCs as if they were dead.
  • Pets are neutral to NPCs. Monsters will not attack pets first unless the pet is being aggressive to something.
  • Pets take 75% of the experience from a creature if no player does damage to that creature.
  • Pets take ZERO experience from a creature unless no player does damage to that creature.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020605a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one big one -- NPCs don't drop items you give them, so no charming mobs, giving them weapons with good procs and getting them back later!
If/when we find a way to make this function with no bugs or exploits, we will.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If/when we find a way to make this function with no bugs or exploits, we will.
Oh man! This is one of the little things I've been hoping could be remedied one day. I used to love giving the PoD scarab armor... or hearing the newbies shout to the zone about a giant rat having a fine steel two handed sword =)
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Kobold

Night Blindness not implemented in P99.

I remember it was mentioned that this is a client side effect, therefore its not possible to implement in this server.

Not sure if someone has figured out how to do it already...
Closed Thread