Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. Nice job Neryn! Did you use the wizard annihilator?
I had too. I tried without at first and it didn't go so well. Every single mob in the room was dual wielding FS weapons, thanks to some freaking enchanter! So any pull of 3 would be very tricky, I had to waste a ton of mana on runes and it just wasn't working.

So I decided wth, let's not waste a good opportinity to use this spell. King room might be the only room in the list with light blues to blast. Disintegrate actually allows you to single pull and makes the breaking of the room easier. And it's mana efficient compared to regular nuking, which matters when you don't have any mana regen at all (I can hear you laughing. Stop it).

Anyway this Challenge is a great thing, even for non enchanters / shamans. I don't care if, as a wizard, I end up being able to solo only 3 mobs on that list. It's something fun to do once 60 and eventually your efforts are rewarded and you get a nice piece of loot.

GNOME !
<Divinity>
Last edited by Neryn; 02-08-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Loraen your hackscapades sometimes ALMOST make me want to play my enchanter.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had too. I tried without at first and it didn't go so well. Every single mob in the room was dual wielding FS weapons, thanks to some freaking enchanter! So any pull of 3 would be very tricky, I had to waste a ton of mana on runes and it just wasn't working.

So I decided wth, let's not waste a good opportinity to use this spell. King room might be the only room in the list with light blues to blast. Disintegrate actually allows you to single pull and makes the breaking of the room easier. And it's mana efficient compared to regular nuking, which matters when you don't have any mana regen at all (I can hear you laughing. Stop it).

Anyway this Challenge is a great thing, even for non enchanters / shamans. I don't care if, as a wizard, I end up being able to solo only 3 mobs on that list. It's something fun to do once 60 and eventually your efforts are rewarded and you get a nice piece of loot.

GNOME !
Haha, nice. I wondered if instantly killing a mob would cause you to not get aggro from other nearby frogs.

If anyone actually made all of the frogs in that room dual wield, though, it was just some griefer. An enchanter would have no more reason to do that than anyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, nice. I wondered if instantly killing a mob would cause you to not get aggro from other nearby frogs.
It does cause aggro. But since the best pull I could get out of this room was a pull of 2, pulling with Disintegrate turns it into a single pull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone actually made all of the frogs in that room dual wield, though, it was just some griefer. An enchanter would have no more reason to do that than anyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah right. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters willing to outshine anyone in this challenge is common knowledge ! There are dual wielding mobs all around the place and we all know who's responsible for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I pity the poor FG group at 8 PM, their monk is going to have to deal with 3-4 pets armed with dual whips.
<Divinity>
Last edited by Neryn; 02-08-2013 at 10:22 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Last night I had just worked my way into east and killed the PH in what Loraen calls "the east nook" before getting summoned to do some other things. This morning I figured I'd head into east to see if I had managed to pop a named, and it turns out I had!

Getting into east this morning wasn't ugly, but it wasn't pretty either. South had half a dozen pathing biles and feasters up, including one pathing into and out of the room with the east key in it, so I set up over by my usual south killing spot to clear out a few living mobs. I actually hatted once in this process, cause when I ivu pulled a bile it came with 2 feaster buddies that I hadn't expected and stuns were getting interrupted... and I hadn't killed the bile up near entrance yet and I didn't much care for trying to sneak past him with no gear and no rune 5.

But after getting back, I did clear them out and get the key and head for east. Someone popped 3 living mobs in the portal room just past the door from south -> east, which is odd, since ... I just don't even know. But they were easy enough to dodge by careful positioning and switching from ivu to invis and then back to ivu once I was past them.

I saw the RP up in the nook, and the level 51 helot I had cleared the PH with last night, with my torch still in hand, in the long hallway there. I went and dazzled my former pet and kept him mezzed while I ensured all my buffs were fresh + hasted him: http://postimage.org/image/xjs6v3c3l/

Then, when I was back up to full mana, I used ivu and went to wait for conditions to be just right to pull RP. I had to run back to re-mez pet once or twice before the timing worked out, but then it did and I raptured RP by himself and IVUd quickly back over to my pet: http://postimage.org/image/5sop08b2x/

Unfortunately my plan for pulling him was based on him being a shadowknight like the sheet says he is. I expected I would lose bedlam and rune to the HT + round or two of melee he'd get off before I landed rapture, and I expected he would sling disease cloud and heat blood and crap at me in my hallway, which would drop my ivu earlier than I wanted because I didn't have any runes up anymore. When he didn't HT me I thought "wtf?" but didn't have time, in the moment, to consider that maybe he wasn't actually a SK, or think to change my initial plans. When I tried to LoS him in my hallway though, I aggrod 2 living mobs from a room back there just as my pet needed a remez... so I hatted.

So yeah. He's not a SK. He's a warrior.

After I recharged and went back in with a simpler plan for the pull, I repeated my steps from earlier sans the live-clearing in south and got this: http://postimage.org/image/cm8ztpv5t/

I juggled my pet and the RP for a tad while I debuffed him and recharmed my pet. Because of using 2 raptures on RP before I tashed him and could safely switch to cheap mezzes, I started the real fight with only 1/4 mana: http://postimage.org/image/6iwh6xb7l/

Fortunately charm held well (like Loraen has told me a couple times, east fights aren't bad in and of themselves when you've got the right pet), and I think that while my pet's constant lifetaps broke root, they also served to build a lot of aggro on RP so that I didn't even get summoned when a fetter faded at like 75%. SS of him approaching re-death: http://postimage.org/image/5251gms4n/

Loot of the amulet + quiver of marr: http://postimage.org/image/5681odcdj/
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-08-2013 at 10:58 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Loraen your hackscapades sometimes ALMOST make me want to play my enchanter.
Enchanters have more fun! Especially blonde gnomes. I wonder why only the male gnomes have white hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neryn
Enchanters willing to outshine anyone in this challenge is common knowledge ! There are dual wielding mobs all around the place and we all know who's responsible for this...
It wasn't me! Also my guess is that you can actually split quite a bit by zoning to clear aggro. Like at NG wait for the krup roamer to leave and then root two in the tunnel and 1 by the bridge, then camp out invis. Or snare, run away with a ring of shadows, then camp out/gate back, hope the named is solo etc. Unfortunately I am not sure a wizard has the mana to burn down a 51+ named . . . 3k mana @ 4:1 is 12k damage which is kinda borderline and you might end up having to skin yourself . . . so you just need 3-4 corpses with conflag wands [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The wiki claims disintegrate goes up to 52 but that must be a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos
So yeah. He's not a SK. He's a warrior.
Ah that's my fault. He was originally classed as a warrior, but I fought him maybe a year ago (unsuccessfully) and he harmtouched me. When I killed him a few months ago I realized he wasn't casting but I was too lazy to change it back. Also for the uninitiated the 'east nook' is #12 on the wiki map. Necrious first showed me back in the day when he could run around impudently with his VP gained VS faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploktor
i agree with svenn, go south of the house. also i would just avoid going west at all, even to SW corner. lots of scarelings to deal with and that glare lord. obviously clear the pathers that come to zone in then i'd clear the mobs that path north/south at the bottom of the hill to the east and maybe a few south/southeast of the hill. this will give you a pretty big area to work with if you want to play around. also some of these pathers go east/west in the same area you want to travel, so killing them might be helpful. can't remember if i cleared the house or not, but with harmo its a bit easier either way, the big area east from the house to the SE corner is pretty empty at times. lots of pathers so its easy to pick off one at a time and clear most of it out. thats where i fought fright or whoever. south and a bit east of his mound. I also had to bring a shiverback with me, so going right for SE corner wasn't as much of an option, (and i was also there to kill gorgons for my tunic)
Part of my problem is Svenn left horrible directions! The scareling tower is more south than east and I thought he was talking about the yellow pillar. Finally I said fuck it, I like the more southerly approach anyway and I was actually in this area near the end but I was emotionally a bit spent after 6 hours babysitting a charmed pet. I was ivu pulling toads through the gap between the boogey house which is how I got my gorgons and so on. Next time I think I'm going to clear out some space in that area and then give my pet some rogue snare daggers so I can fearkite those stupid toads. But I need a week or two to recover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Also I would like to add that contrary to my spat with Erati I'm really curious to see other classes try and do some of this stuff. I'm pretty sure a necro can solo fear, especially by charming one of the zombies to the south and giving it a Swarmcaller/torch. We haven't had many necros. Also a donal's cleric with puppet strings should be able to do quite a bit, although doing something like Fear might get a bit expensive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Finally I would be real, real curious what level intimidate goes up to. If so a rogue might be able to kill some stuff with a snare dagger (for example the necrosis if you can sneak pull him and kite him on the ledge where everyone kills the spore king).
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

intimidation is maybe 1 in 3-4 success rate against mid-40s mobs. id be surpprised to ever see it work on a 50+. i think the best bet for seeing melee success with disciple or maybe above is a paladin. lull, roots, stun, heals, lay hands... seems like itd be enough to dispatch disciple tier more or less, though i cant speak from experience having never played a pally
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Pally DPS is abysmal, no way a DWhelm/healing spells will be less melee than a summoner can put out in equal time. I see monks in fungi's or warriors with fungi+slow hammer getting the furthest of all melees.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pally DPS is abysmal, no way a DWhelm/healing spells will be less melee than a summoner can put out in equal time. I see monks in fungi's or warriors with fungi+slow hammer getting the furthest of all melees.
Well, there are quite a few level 50s on the list. A paladin could, I believe, probably get to and kill every one of them solo and without using any clickies. Whether they could kill a level 51 I don't know, cause I guess yeah it would take at least 6-8 minutes for a pally to DPS down a level 51 mob. But I thought that backing away from a 51 to cast heals between summons and using lay hands and being able to mitigate damage with stuns and all would be enough to let a well-geared 60 pally kill the easier 51s. Don't forget the challenge does allow for melee to have buffs (within reason, I think?), unlike the "self buff only" rule in place for chanters/shamans/etc.

But a warrior relying on backpacks full of nets to get "single" pulls or a monk having to... I don't know. How the hell would a monk get a mob like froglok ostiary to a spot where he could fight it single without clickies for CC and without it fleeing (probably at sow speed) and training him?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-08-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Closed Thread