Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you going to try to justify the taliban because they have supporters?

You think the Austrians in 1940 were more qualified than anyone else to determine their future and they made good choices?
Why would I be trying to justify fanaticism after indicating the obvious problems with it not one post earlier?

It was a rhetorical question/simple observation, meant to imply that it's doubtul even a Lt. Commander with multiple tours there would claim to know that country better than the people who populate it; that's part of why it hasn't been conquered.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
"We've seen that that force has been unable to defend the country, and that has happened more quickly than we anticipated."

"The truth is: This did unfold more quickly than we anticipated. So what's happened? Afghanistan political leaders gave up and fled the country. The Afghan military gave up, sometimes without trying to fight,"
-biden
Quote:
“I am concerned about the Afghan military’s ability to hold on after we leave,” Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth “Frank” McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, told Congress on April 11th.
https://www.usnews.com/news/national...after-we-leave

Quote:
LIZ CHENEY: — you’ll find this was a decision made contrary to the advice that the president was getting from his senior military leaders.
The president is unwilling to rethink his decision to withdraw U.S. troops, even as Afghanistan unravels faster than expected.

Quote:
“I have been asking for months for answers on how the Biden administration planned to execute this withdrawal,” said Rep. Brian Mast (R-Fla.), a veteran who lost both his legs in Afghanistan. “And now they’ve showed us: be so unprepared that all those who worked with us are going to be executed.”
I am not saying he went full trump and thought he could do whatever he wanted but it's starting to sound like we did anticipate it, but some person(s?) disagreed and wound up being wrong. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-19-2021 at 03:32 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would I be trying to justify fanaticism after indicating the obvious problems with it not one post earlier?

It was a rhetorical question/simple observation, meant to imply that it's doubtul even a Lt. Commander with multiple tours there would claim to know that country better than the people who populate it; that's part of why it hasn't been conquered.
Well you might be romantisizing the idea of some great people that have defeated every army that has come upon them.

It is a godforsaken hell hole with virtually zero strategic or economic value. Drug use is so rampant there that it's likely that 90% of the country is high on drugs at any given moment. It's like if homeless encampments in Venice Beach were a country.

The group that took over the country last week, they dont "defeat" armies, they hide in holes for decades and wait for their enemies to give up, die or leave and then they come out of the mountains go and rape everyone.

You seriously trying to tell me you think the homeless are more qualified to talk about homelessness than say the police or medial professionals that save their lives every day?
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-19-2021 at 03:40 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.usnews.com/news/national...after-we-leave

The president is unwilling to rethink his decision to withdraw U.S. troops, even as Afghanistan unravels faster than expected.

I am not saying he went full trump and thought he could do whatever he wanted but it's starting to sound like we did anticipate it, but some person(s?) disagreed and wound up being wrong. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is somewhat reminiscent of...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_MV_Sewol
Old 08-19-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
350k? Is that a lot or something? I'm guessing based on this post and this comment you live in some random town in like the midwest where 350k is considered a lot of money?

Get into mid-7 figures and then we'll talk you bad ass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wouldn't say shit face to face with this guy.

Ohh and also, a 350k home is more than enough to live a comfortable, amazing life.
Last edited by GinnasP99; 08-19-2021 at 03:49 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Biden's ABC interview made him look like a fool and did not help him politically.

Young women who grew up there with us military support know a different kind of life.
The older women who know what the Taliban will do are doing anything they can to get their daughters out.

---
Then in the white house speech yesterday he ignored any questions regarding Afghanistan.
He came out, talked about covid and walked out.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-19-2021 at 03:51 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Oh no, Biden lost Baler's definitely not already locked in based on partisan lines vote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Horza; 08-19-2021 at 03:58 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no, Biden lost Baler's definitely not already locked in on partisan lines vote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Horza do you think it's acceptable for children to be thrown over fences in afghan and the mexico/usa border?
Because that's a trend during biden's administration.

---
I would never vote for biden, he is a Career politician. He was supposed to be a public servant to the people of america, instead he turned it into a life long career.
Then add Kamala who isn't qualified to even be vice president.

You don't have to like me or agree with me, But you can't ignore it.

ps. @Horza, try typing in longer than 1 sentence bait trolls.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-19-2021 at 03:57 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're clearlyl romantisizing the idea of some great people that have defeated every army that has come upon them.
I included a link detailing that region's history, not a clip from 300...hardly a romanticization of events.

Quote:
It is a godforsaken hell hole with virtually zero strategic or economic value. Drug use is so rampant there that it's likely that 90% of the country is high on drugs at any given moment.
The point was, a local would know this and more, just like we understand America better for having lived here.

Quote:
The army that took over this month, they dont "defeat" armies, they hide in holes for decades and wait for their enemies to give up, die or leave and then they come out of the mountains go and rape everyone.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...52002520090301
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...400-story.html
Old 08-19-2021, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wouldn't say shit face to face with this guy.

Ohh and also, a 350k home is more than enough to live a comfortable, amazing life.
Why would I not say that to his face lol

And yes I agree with you it certainly is if you live in lower cost areas
Closed Thread