Old 03-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

3/27
Divinity - Fungus Covered Great Staff
Old 03-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Kobold

Well, for the record, Wurmslayer - 26/03/2011
Epicly Laterd <Transatlantic Rampage>

Guess we're not sure if we're keeping track of it or not, but I've heard this one's it.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sooo we all need to collectively talk about what of this to list, and what to not list.. obviously (imho) at the very least the fungi and the tstaff, but what else is really listable and what is just drops that can stay in your posts? Tolapumj robe obv b/c it's a haste item.. Wurmslayer? Lammy (not imho, but maybe?)? some voices besides those who got the drops (and their circle of friends) please..
more opinions please
Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
more opinions please
Class/raid/role defining items moreso than "anything", IMO.

JBB, prenerf fungi staff, Tstaff, twig, Slowstick, paladin helm, etc.

Nothing fucking stupid like common drops from every named in kunark that is "Cool". (Hangman's noose, iksar bp, etc.)

That's my take on it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class/raid/role defining items moreso than "anything", IMO.

JBB, prenerf fungi staff, Tstaff, twig, Slowstick, paladin helm, etc.

Nothing fucking stupid like common drops from every named in kunark that is "Cool". (Hangman's noose, iksar bp, etc.)

That's my take on it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Also, wts paladin helm.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

I would say full class sets. Maybe certain rares (i.e. fungi tunic, haste items, etc)

Personally I think this fascination with weapons like T-staff and Lammy is a bit misplaced. Yea, they're good items, but I would say they're far from class defining or even that rare. In a few months from now they'll be a whole mess of these items. I think we need to be a bit more conservative in this list and limit it to the items that people really think about when they think about Kunark.

Epics for sure, anything that gets nerfed, full-sets of class armor, any ridiculously hard/rare quests. I mean, I personally think something like Vibrating Gauntlets are far more deserving of server-first than something like Wurmslayer or T-staff simply because of how rare they are (not saying we should include them, in fact I dont think we should - just saying they're way more rare).

If there is any question about whether or not to include something, imo it is probably something that shouldn't be included. We're not trying to record the complete history of item drops on this server - it is suppose to be a list of notable accomplishments.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

well looking over this post of server firsts you can't help but think a lammy is nothing compared to stuff like fungi tunic. Lammy doesn't even drop off anything deep. JBB is a great item, but it's not saying a whole lot. putting in server firsts for almost anything is going to trivialize the entire idea.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Sarnak

I really liked this... I think it should be the guiding philosophy for server firsts...

Quote:
We're not trying to record the complete history of item drops on this server - it is suppose to be a list of notable accomplishments.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say full class sets. Maybe certain rares (i.e. fungi tunic, haste items, etc)

Personally I think this fascination with weapons like T-staff and Lammy is a bit misplaced. Yea, they're good items, but I would say they're far from class defining or even that rare. In a few months from now they'll be a whole mess of these items. I think we need to be a bit more conservative in this list and limit it to the items that people really think about when they think about Kunark.

Epics for sure, anything that gets nerfed, full-sets of class armor, any ridiculously hard/rare quests. I mean, I personally think something like Vibrating Gauntlets are far more deserving of server-first than something like Wurmslayer or T-staff simply because of how rare they are (not saying we should include them, in fact I dont think we should - just saying they're way more rare).

If there is any question about whether or not to include something, imo it is probably something that shouldn't be included. We're not trying to record the complete history of item drops on this server - it is suppose to be a list of notable accomplishments.
I have revised my stance, and I now fully agree with this man. Lammy and wurmy probably don't deserve to be on the list, however nostalgic/cool they are.
Closed Thread