Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If u know nething about powerlifting a mandatory compression band on ur leg means you're pretty fucking huge.
Why? How do you have swelling/stroke/arrest w/o it and why it fix it?
Old 11-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Banned

my body's so dope it requires a skeleton suit to not implode
Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my body's so dope it requires a skeleton suit to not implode
das pretty dope o(^_-)O
Old 11-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Powerlifters use wraps to add compression to ligament/tendon/muscle insertions so that when they go to lift an inordinate amount of weight, their bodies dont literally rip apart. Idk what Azzar is talking about with the swelling/stroke/arrest stuff.

I've never had a muscle tear completely off the bone (like a biceps when deadlifting with a mixed grip), but I've had a pec tear pretty severely and I cant imagine how bad the former would hurt. I lift without wraps, belts ect, because i feel like it's cheating, but I also don't lift at the level a professional powerlifters do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 11-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Yuhckh. Don't they like use canvas clothes and stuff too to assist? I remember reading something one time and wondering why it had (shirt) after a weight.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah but it's more along the lines of wetsuit material. for the benchpress sometimes they'll wear special shirts that pull the shoulders and upper arms forward so they can lift more. That's why I consider it cheating. If you cant lift it naked, you cant actually lift it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 11-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I think that makes sense because anyone can use the shirt and then it is just a matter of learning to use the shirt effectively. It almost becomes a different activity and doesn't make sense to compare to the original.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

bench shirts are dum tbh

using belts and stuff is fine if ur goin ham but if ur deadlifting 225 lbs with a belt ur a fuckin tool
Old 11-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the vascular damage in the trouble area (usually the ankle) builds up over time from the lack of proper vein. it starts causing "varicose veins" and blood pools there.

When youre young, you can get away with it. When youre 50+, inflammatory substances and other stuff change the game...the pooling is no longer as safe.

can try to snap a pic of my own vascular damage from living the big life 10 years ago.

I have a visible big bruise on my left ankle area, same area the Mountain is wearing the band in his workout videos.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

So, I made it up through episode 9 of season 6. One more epi and I caught up I guess. I have to say, I am super pleased with the developments this season. So much good stuff! About fucking time right? Anyway, I am happy with the developments in the north and am actually somewhat conflicted about the high sparrow. I didn't like that order at first and still don't really, but he seems to be genuinely interested in doing what is fright, he's just blind to his own delusion :c Reminds me a lot of Obama in that regard.

The mountain is still a fucking freak and I'd like to see Cersei send him in to wreck the sparrows. SO many shitheads would die ^^ I'd be so happy ^^ Kinda feel bad for thinking that though :c Glad to see Aria sort of straighten out and pretty happy with the developments in the north except for the little green people, so sad :c Always upsets me when otherwose immortal characters die or or maimed or whatever, like when that one elf captain guy died in the Two Towers :c

OH! That reminds me! The reunion! That was super sad too, well, not really sad, should have just been super happy, but still made me cry for some reason lol. I guess just because everything they had went through and stuff.

Also happier with Jora. I dunno, he was starting to seem kinda scummy, but has thoroughly redeemed himself and that other Don Juan McJackass is really turning out to be quite a dick when not around Denerys.

Don't like the developments in the iron islands either. Omgosh that guy has a shit personality and has a particular brand of ugliness (his face, gross) that I find exceptionally repulsive. I mean, there are lots of ugly people in the world, but anyone find particular styles of faces to be particularly disgusting even if they are more balanced or less grotesque than others? For example, I think Sir Gregor is better looking than this shit in the iron islands.