Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 07:07 PM
Orc

I've got a server setup w/ a mostly classic DB. Only thing that's missing is pre-revamp planes. I coded in a leaderboard (in-game.) etc. Just that nobody who played Zek seemed to care, they rather play Zek. Which it's fun sure. If someone gives me a reason to care I could continue dev. I don't need servers, bandwidth or technical assistance. I'm a level 9000 nerd in databases, C++ and cash. I need some people interested in being guides and era experts in regards to quests and things who are willing to do some scripting. Get at me.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenlyB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a server setup w/ a mostly classic DB. Only thing that's missing is pre-revamp planes. I coded in a leaderboard (in-game.) etc. Just that nobody who played Zek seemed to care, they rather play Zek. Which it's fun sure. If someone gives me a reason to care I could continue dev. I don't need servers, bandwidth or technical assistance. I'm a level 9000 nerd in databases, C++ and cash. I need some people interested in being guides and era experts in regards to quests and things who are willing to do some scripting. Get at me.
Ayye id play
Old 02-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

seen renly using stick on red before Do not play this man's box.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 PM
Orc

Server GMs won't be allowed to play on my box. Hacking won't be possible because I know all the hacks that are possible. Perma IP and master account-wide ban instantly when detected.

Network-side will be encrypted so no SEQ either, sorry.
Custom binary with memory encryption, no offset hacks either.

Don't care if you play, I can guarantee I hate hackers more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seen renly using stick on red before Do not play this man's box.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldScar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't remember if it was VZ/TZ or LoZ but one of them had some amazing custom events. Everfrost caves raid? I'm not some purist, I want to capture the spirit of EQ pvp, not some cardboard carbon copy.

Been thinking about the idea of one toon per person, single box only.
you're thinking of the rile event from VZTZ 1.0 aka daxum's box

which was probably the most fun i've had on EQ but the community is way different now in a very bad way
Old 02-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenlyB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server GMs won't be allowed to play on my box. Hacking won't be possible because I know all the hacks that are possible. Perma IP and master account-wide ban instantly when detected.

Network-side will be encrypted so no SEQ either, sorry.
Custom binary with memory encryption, no offset hacks either.

Don't care if you play, I can guarantee I hate hackers more.
i would be seriously impressed if you were able to actually stop everything that can be done to hack/exploit the everquest client

some sophisticated(invasive) antihax and forcing a filecheck on zone would probably be your best bet, but that would create a potentially very bad user experience if zone times are long

good luck, though
Old 02-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Just put no hacks in the eula.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just put no hacks in the eula.
works for the current zek server. just scold the hackers in /tells and discord and hope they stop.

not that anyone treats emulated boxes as a joke and will use as much hacks as possible or anything. the sheep grossly overestimate how much people care about these little emulated servers. Some of you guys really believe there is some sanctity to them or some brotherhood among pvpers like its 2007 again.

There is a no fucks given culture that maybe only Cwall understands in 2018 that didnt exist exactly in the same way during the VZTZ days. If you missed VZTZ you are clueless on box communities and clueless on why emulated boxes keep failing to hold together.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-21-2018, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

Wasnt Renly from GoT a fay gate?
Old 02-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Kobold

I have figured out a way to create a 100% hackfree pvp server, I just wonder who is still out there that is ready for real EQ again. Knuckle, Smedy, old school VZTZers? Are they still around and wanting this?
Closed Thread