Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

I won a Cloak of Flames once off Ragefire. Never really had any other luck on the server and pretty much farmed platinum ad nauseam to get all other upgrades. I suppose I've had some interesting Quillmane luck, but considering how much time I spent in South Karana in total, I don't know if I would consider it lucky.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Praise Apeople Person
That guy was still mad at me for leaving Forceful Entry... in Velious. Real glad he gave his stuff away.
I guess you could call someone you couldn't stand quitting permanently lucky.
Last edited by Cecily; 04-29-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-29-2016, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

I was playing basketball on Wednesday nights pretty consistently in Dec/Jan or so, but I wasn't quite feeling up to it so I logged on and ended up going to Sleeper's and getting a Shroud of Longevity. I didn't think much of it at the time, but Ventani failed to cough one up for the next month and it ended up being the last one on the server.

I was also amazingly lucky rolling on A-Team Chardok raids. IIRC I won (against like 10-15 people) first an Insignia Protector, then Torpor, then another Insignia protector (gave to Xoquil because at that point I was just feeling embarrassed) and then a Jagged Blade of Mourning (to Lavarian for the same reasons).

On the other hand, I lost my first 17 fungi tunic rolls . . . .
Old 04-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

I had been on the server just a couple weeks, and a nice person gave me a ruby.

Well, what does one do with a ruby? Why, go to Innothule Swamp and see if Lynuga is up, of course! So for the first time since 1999, I make a trip to the land of Trolls, Lynuga is there, I hand in the ruby, and wouldn't ya know it, an Ivandyr's Hoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2016, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

^ Nice!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won a Cloak of Flames once off Ragefire. Never really had any other luck on the server and pretty much farmed platinum ad nauseam to get all other upgrades. I suppose I've had some interesting Quillmane luck, but considering how much time I spent in South Karana in total, I don't know if I would consider it lucky.
We had some pretty good lucky streaks when we were selling them. And when I wanted one for my third toon (the one that needed it the most) I went 1/23.
Fail 50 Wood Elf Ranger
Alleged 44 Troll Shadowknight
Denyed 35 Dark Elf Wizard
Downfall 32 Half Elf Bard
RED:
50 Enchanter
24 Wiz
24 Dru
19 Rog
Old 04-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was a fun event set up by an old veteran of the server that was overseen by the GMs and ended in a massive pvp battle royal. I was Team Captain and secured Theya with my 2nd pick overall. I think Zanderr went first. We ended up finishing 2nd to a mostly Team Taken including Eratani. Each team got to pick an item and roll off. Of the 12 or so players on my team, I rolled the highest and ended up snagging a Manastone. Taken itself at the time went ES Greaves (think eventually went to Eratani?) -> Manastone (Xexbis) -> Shield of the Water Dragon (Bitchking) clean sweep of the rolls. The EQ gods favored us that day.
To this day, I don't know why I was the first person picked. I don't know anything about PVP on a bard. I just ran around with my group playing selos and resist songs. I think it worked pretty well when I was with a monk.

Honestly, the people that probably did the best in that brawl were the people who just sat, waited, and watched everyone else kill each other first.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:56 PM
Aviak

I won my Ghoulbane back in 2011 with a roll of 100 in a pickup group. Was pretty sweet getting it at the appropriate level.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you remember spending something like 10 or 13 hours doing my cloak?
Old 04-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

I picked you first Zander bc I had a vision of success and it involved you