Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

I don't recall if it was before or immediately following the CT death. We were at the north wall at the time and had the train dragged over us twice. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but a few folks ended up dead. Thankfully we were able to get rezzes and get out after camping etc.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall if it was before or immediately following the CT death. We were at the north wall at the time and had the train dragged over us twice. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but a few folks ended up dead. Thankfully we were able to get rezzes and get out after camping etc.
Ah yes that happened to us as well. I think one of the people keeping the mobs away from North Wall died.Were a lot of guilds in there last night, but I can promise you one thing we did not mess with your attempt. Our raid leader gave a specific command in vent "Log out and let them attempt it". The only people that stayed in game past that command were there to monitor and get people out of the zone if you guys killed it successfully.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one trained you at CT anyway. FE/IB was camped out but for a few FD classes to watch the progress of your attempt and whether or not to tell the guild to log in. CT has a mechanic that calls the entire zone to him when he is engaged. This is regardless of whatever train your guild bards has up and running prior to the engage. All mobs in zone will run to the people engaging CT. There is a way to combat this which I am sure your guild will learn when they get further attempts on CT.
Enchanters are the key with their shifting colors..

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

We didn't get an attempt at Draco or CT. I suspect we were too slow getting prepped. Not sure who ultimately killed them.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We didn't get an attempt at Draco or CT. I suspect we were too slow getting prepped. Not sure who ultimately killed them.
What ? FTE message went off on CT for a Taken Member. CT's health started dropping and Taken members started dying. His health got down in the 70s during the next minute until only 4 members of Taken were left in zone. Not trying to call you a liar, however if Taken didn't engage and attempt him then his health mysteriously dropped by an unseen force for a solid minute after an FTE message by a Taken member.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

I think ripwind might actually be AG instead of Taken like we assumed. But yea, we lost a kiter a couple times. Thats why we camp out periodically, so hopefully we can avoid the train returning to us. If you guys ever agro's a mob in fear and it got swept up in the train, unless you camp out it would bring the entire train back to you when the mob died. CT is a shitshow unfortunately, trains just happen sometimes. You can't micromanage every person and make sure their agro is clear.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think ripwind might actually be AG instead of Taken like we assumed. But yea, we lost a kiter a couple times. Thats why we camp out periodically, so hopefully we can avoid the train returning to us. If you guys ever agro's a mob in fear and it got swept up in the train, unless you camp out it would bring the entire train back to you when the mob died. CT is a shitshow unfortunately, trains just happen sometimes. You can't micromanage every person and make sure their agro is clear.
if the kiter dies.*
Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Correct, I'm in AG. Not Taken. Sorry for the confusion!

Maybe we'll get a shot at it next time.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly, I am torn.

I started on the side of the "casual scum" which is a term I find very offensive btw! lol

Now that I'm seeing that most of these guilds are expecting mobs to just be left up for hours so they don't have to track/mobilize in a timely fashion though, I can't take their side any longer. You atleast have to show some fucking effort if you expect to experience the higher end content/loot.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% disagree with what TMO has done to this server over the last 2 years...as is made obvious by my posts from the past. I don't however think that its very fair for FE to be lumped in with TMO (we don't have a billion plat guild bank or 30 greenscales/ hundreds of other various other epic pieces banked. I also don't think its fair for guilds to expect to be able to participate in raiding content if they are unwilling to track/mobilize in under 2 hours.

2 hours is enough to form a pickup raid for any raid target in game from forums/EC tunnel and mobilize/kill that target with ease. Why can't some of these "casual raiding guilds" do this if any random joe can find 30 players to zerg a mob down and /random the loot in under 2 hours?

blah I've already more than I care to say but...

Track mobs if you wanna kill them, THAT SHIT IS CLASSIC AND HAPPENED ON LIVE SERVERS!!

I remember camping VSR for like 48 consecutive hours or more on live, and that's a spawnable fucking mob like ragefire. People tracked mobs they wanted, and they also had friends/guildies ready to mobilize the instant it spawned in many(if not all) cases otherwise the next guy got it.

I completely understand the whole anti-monopolization stance, because theres no reason for what happened here over the last 2 years or more. I just don't think removing all forms of raid competition(via whatever agreement is made) is any better for the server's health than TMO's raid scene was.

/rant off
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

CT was up for two hours?
Closed Thread