Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe anyone would try RMAH so soon after D3 demonstrated how it can oh, so easily turn out.
Well think about THIS:

Despite the epic, monumental fuckin FAILURE that was the D3 RMAH Blizzard made boatlaods of cash off of it; mostly because people are dumb as shit, and will pay out the ass for anything.

Hell, they're STILL making assloads of cash off their RMAH, despite the fact that literally millions of trillions of gold were duped, much of it online during livestreams, just a few months ago.

Fuck.....Just look at the idiots WHO LITERALLY PAY ***$25*** for a SINGLE League of Legends skin.

Basically --- Expect every online game that releases in the next 10 years---> FOREVER to include both microtransactions and an RMAH. Unless one of these services is SERIOUSLY DEFRAUDED (to the tune of millions of people's CC info being stolen) it won't stop.

And even then I wonder if it will, as again people are still using the D3 RMAH and not only is that game absolute garbage, but MILLIONS OF TRILLIONS OF GOLD WERE DUPED IN A MATTER OF HOURS, AND BLIZZARD DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.

TLDR? Item drops in this game are going to either suck balls, or basically be nonexistent, forcing players to use the RMAH. D3 proved that this method is a huge moneymake even in a terrible fucking game that's not even an MMO. Now just imagine an MMO where you have basically a 0.01% chance of getting a an actual item DROP, but at the same time there's an infinite number of them on the RMAH.

I think in the time I spent level my Wizard to 60 in D3 I actually LOOTED one single item that I equipped. ***ONE SINGLE ITEM*** in roughly 50 hours of gameplay. Yea, real fucking fun huh!!?!?
Last edited by JonathanHancock; 08-04-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get it....

Games that offer classes at least you know how many classes you get..... with multiclassing its like surprise 3 are viable..

Also there's a quote from Rift where they said "We won't worry about class balance because people will switch to whatever works...."

Yeah sorry multiclassing beyond final fantasy tactics (lol) has been and probably will be garbage for quite awhile.
Using Rift as an example, if you played a mage there were roughly 6 different viable builds you would you use. 5-6 rogue specs, a ton of cleric specs, same for warrior. So you are flat wrong.

Also, what does class balance have to do with it? EQ is horribly unbalanced but your obviously in the EQ or nothing camp.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
7x GM hally mage was pretty much THE build. Swords, Tacs, Wrestling, Magery, Eval, Resist, Med. Of course it other classes could work but this was the cookie cutter build of the game for the most part.

as for EQN Im torn on the game right now. Im going to need to see more before i decide if i want to hate on it or not
Macer, Fencer, Archer, and Thief(maybe not to kill, but man they could steal your shit and sneak away like crazy) all viable in pvp vs Hally Mage. People just played hally mage the most because you could explosion flamestrike hally hit and do like 80 points of dmg off the get if you got good rolls. Those big numbers.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally thought the whole thing looked amazing and is incredibly ambitious. The fighting system seems set up to work across platforms with controllers, basically what I saw was an MMO that plays like a console game which I'm cool with.

My one concern is how raiding fits into this concept. Since they removed levels but instead use a skill tree system (w/o levels?) you'll still see player specializing I suppose. Also, why no view of the UI?
You're ***SERIOUSLY*** clueless dude. And you're precisely the reason why gaming (specifically PC gaming) has become utter shit.

For example, Diablo 3: The biggest reason it's a garbage game, dumbed down, meant to be played by anyone/everyone is because it was actually designed from the ground-up for console play. This was highly suspenct shortly after release, and we now know it to be true.

And of course let us not forget SKYRIM in which the UI will DRIVE YOU FUCKING NUTS if you play it on PC. Hell when Skyrim released, it was actually NEAR UNPLAYABLE ON PC. The game's physics were tied to its framerate, and locked at 30 FPS for the consoles. Disabling the built-in framerate limiter would cause the simplest of actions, such as opening a door or dropping something on the ground to hit you with massive force killing you instantly.

It becomes quite difficult to make a dynamically playable experience when trying to bring a game from the PC (and thusly keyboard/mouse) to consoles with not only vastly inferior hardware but very limited control as well.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

All I am saying is this is NOT the game "we", that play on here. have been waiting for 4 years or so now. It might well be a big hit for younger people 12 to 15 years old. And that is good for them. And good for SoE. I am sure a lot of you playing on here were 12 to 15 when EQ1 started. I know my son was that got me hooked on this crap lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It is just a hell of a let down for me. It is pretty much WoW on Steroids. Sure they put a lot of time and work in it, and they have pushed things up to 2013 specs. Great for them. I just am not into Saturday Morning Cartoon Games at my age.

But I am sure a lot of you guys will play it and that is a good thing. Something new. I must admit I even put in for the Beta. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But I really don't think it is for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But in the end I don't think this was the game we were expecting.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the game will suck Whale Shit is why. They are just out to make money, not make a good game. It is geared towards kids. If Sony gave a shit they would not have all the stupid as hell Armour that you can buy now. They want your F'ing money. It is ALL about money.

Oh yeah, you will be able to build a house anywhere you want. And guess the hell what. They will be WILLING to sell you online with your Visa Card a picture to hang on the wall. Oh, you want a birdbath in the yard, a fence, a sofa inside. Need I go on. It will be the same old crap over again. Mark my word. We have all waited for years for a game that is just going to be a glorified WoW.
Unfortunately I fear far, far worse.

I highly suspect it to be like Diablo 3; why else would they implement an RMAH knowing full-well that it was a major player in destroying the Diablo franchise?

I suspect that "good drops" will be incredibly, incredibly rare. We're talking worse than EQ1 Tstaff rarity. This is exactly what Diablo 3 did! "Make the good drops rare, so people will be FORCED to use the RMAH -- and then we'll take a cut of every players sales!!!"

Again, Diablo 3 isn't even a persistent-world game, let alone an MMO, and THEY were able to get away with this. Even after MILLIONS OF TRILLIONS OF GOLD WERE PUBLICLY DUPED ON LIVESTREAMS, with Blizzard doing absolutely nothing about it, people are STILL spending money on the game's RMAH.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Oh and I guarantee the advertising is gonna be 100% "be a part of EverQuest, the game that started it all!!!" etc etc etc.

Advertising that will be directly aimed at the teenage-hipster-still-think-WOW-is-the-greatest-thing-ever crowd.

When in reality the game will of course be nothing like EQ; but hey, the 15-year-old-hipsters haven't played the original, so what will they know right?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

let me get this right: everything is destructible?
so after first 1000 explorers done DESTRUCTING, the next set of players who join a week later will find only a desolated flat landscape evenly covered with dust and mud, without a single landscape feature, since everything was already destructed? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All these developers do is make cheap shitty games designed to make the most profit, so go ahead and buy it. You're just doing exactly what they want, so instead of EQnext folding completely because its a shitty game, they will continue making bad games because people like you buy them!
Read: League of Legend's recently released Spirit Guard Udyr skin!!! This CHAMPION RESKIN CAN BE YOURS, FOR THE LOW-LOW PRICE OF JUST $25!!!!

(this is NOT a joke - the skin really DOES cost $25)
Old 08-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
let me get this right: everything is destructible?
so after first 1000 explorers done DESTRUCTING, the next set of players who join a week later will find only a desolated flat landscape evenly covered with dust and mud, without a single landscape feature, since everything was already destructed? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
General things will regenerate on their own, or can be rebuilt by players. Important/lore types of things will be only destructible to a certain degree to avoid your situation.
Closed Thread