Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-19-2020, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Well I am not sure if this is classic, but speaking for red (which most people don't care about) as long as your adjusting the mage pet can you kind fix the idiot "charm the pet and it poofs". Mages get no love on pvp because of the ease it is to deal with fluffy. Decking all fluffies out with a healthy dose of MR would increase their viability ENORMOUSLY. A mage should be able to sick fluffy on someone and for it to seriously hamper their life without having the mage to just fall back on bad nukes. mages get no root so other than fluffy there is no other means to CC someone. EVERYONE ELSE has a means to CC people.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

So if I charm a pc's pet, then I get charmed by another mob then a pc comes and kills me ...

Basically it's so much simpler (and more reliable) to forbid charming of pc pets than having to deal with the Pandora's box of exploits, bugs and crashes that would stem from it.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I charm a pc's pet, then I get charmed by another mob then a pc comes and kills me ...

Basically it's so much simpler (and more reliable) to forbid charming of pc pets than having to deal with the Pandora's box of exploits, bugs and crashes that would stem from it.
It is simpler. But in the vanilla era at least, in the above scenario, the mage pet would become a hostile NPC on an elemental-type faction. That's what would happen classically, until they fixed it (not sure when).
Old 08-20-2020, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Izmael - If you charm a PC's summoned pet it self destructs just as if the PC had turned invisible.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

I was able to locate a parse for the mage epic pet against some entrance frogs in Sebilis with a known set of buffs. It is PoP so the melee damage will be off due to melee dmg being buffed by that point, but the proc rate may still be valuable and I believe it can be derived:

Quote:
Just ran another parse. Here's what happened and what I did.

I was in Sebilis again. 3 Frogs aggro'd onto me and somebody close to me. The pet tanked all 3 nearly the whole time with some minor tanking by the 2nd person. The split second one of the 3 died, the pet was on the next, so it was a back to back fight of 3 mobs with some damage shield going on the whole time.

Over the course of that fight from first pet swing to final exp message, pet got 62.5 DPS

Then I converted all the Procs to a slash hit for 143 again so the parser could count those in. The DPS went up to 100.8 DPS.

Finally, I added another slash hit to each of the mobs after every hit they did to my pet. I added a 50 damage slash to account for the damage shield damage that was being done. That took some time to edit, because I had to copy the time of the mob-hitting-pet event and paste it below with the added slash for 50. That final DPS parsed out to 123.0

So just melee...............= 62.5 DPS
Melee + Proc................= 100.8 DPS

Melee + Proc + DS........= 123.0 DPS

Notes:
-Epic pet with 2 sword of runes and Muzzle
-Burnout 3 (leg buff)
-Sebilis mobs near exit (level 45-47?)

====================
====MY CONCLUSION====
====================

No, Epic pet is not obsolete. If you don't believe my parses, then go do this and see for yourself. icon_wink.gif
https://web.archive.org/web/20030720...pic.php?t=2140

38.3 DPS from procs, against lvl 40s seb frogs (assuming max dmg every time). That's 2,298dmg per minute on average, or 16.07 ppm on average @ 143dmg each.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Another parse on the green banker in katta. Of note is that the epic proc DPS is pretty much exactly the same as the above Seb parse:

Quote:
Decided to do a little parsing today as not much was gonig on, thought i
would share my findings/conclusions, and weird things i noticed Razz

I went over to the katta banker, was going to parse the
Wand of Temporal power (drops off VZ in time, 750dd neg 200 mr
adjustment), decided while i was doing that i would also parse the DPoC
focused Epic pet (no time focus yet, and don't think it even works with epic anyway :\ )

===========

Epic proc DPS = 39.24dps (considered them all full for 146)
That's 16.12 ppm.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040114...php?t=9041&amp
Old 08-17-2021, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Another set of parses, epic pet proc damage parses out to 38.6dps, which if we assume procs of 146 (same focus as the previous parse) gives us a proc rate of 15.86 ppm.

Feels like this kinda converges on 16.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050125...ic.php?t=13760
Old 08-19-2021, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

I was looking at the original mist panther parse and noticed the mob was level 60. Thus the apparent proc rate in that parse is going to take a pretty hard hit due to resists. Indeed the parser himself said all the stuns were resisted.

I've been looking for anything in terms of AA or focuses that might have affected proc rate in these later PoP parses, but I can't seem to find anything. I'm open to suggestions. If we can't find anything I'd be tempted say a 16ppm proc rate for the mage epic pet has the most weight behind it.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

All stuns would be resisted as it is a ‘giant’ mob (stun immune), right?

Wasn’t it quite late on that stun DDs were changed so the stun portion would be ‘resisted’ but the dd portion would still land?
Old 08-19-2021, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Thinking about it some more, there is probably immunity in play.

There is a reference in an Alla post here from 2001 to it resisting fears:

Quote:
One interesting point is that the Mist Panther appears to be completely immune to Fear spells. All of both mine and the SK's were resisted.
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...01572841346938

So I bet it was stun immune as well, that would explain the lack of stun landing.

The proc is cold based. Proc resists would not show up in the log. I bet there were lots because I see mages saying the proc starts getting resisted a lot on mobs 55+. So I don't think the panther parse can be relied on to indicate proc rate.

So far I don't see anything contradicting a 16 ppm, as per the mage tower parses.
Last edited by Dolalin; 08-19-2021 at 10:01 AM..