Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Kobold

I'd agree about the Drizzt hence the "worth a read". I've read all of the Eragon stuff and It's not bad but it kind of lets me down on the geared for 12-15 year old age range.

Cyrano have you ever read the dragonlance dragons of autumn twighlight winter whatever and spring something? those are pretty good definitely the EQ feel.

I guess I just love the sword of truth, to each his own. If you don't like it after wizards first rule as much as I hate to say it I wouldn't advise trying any more as I think WFR is one of the best in the series.

Ender's Game anyone? Didn't like books 2-4 of the ender series but the alternative series ender's shadow with bean is pretty good.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 AM
The Protector of Sunder

Ender's Game is one of the only Sci-Fi book I've ever read back in high school, loved it. Totally blew my mind back then.

I tried reading the Hitchhiker's Guide series and stopped midway through the second one. Granted I hated Gatsby in high school and loved it on my second read through in college. I suppose perspective changes everything.

I recently picked up the Landover Omnibus and read the first one but didn't find myself wanting to proceed into the next ones. Honestly I feel like Martin has ruined fantasy for me. ASOIAF is so beyond anything I've ever read that I'm starting to find all the other books lacking in grit and character development. I'll probably pick up some Cormac McCarthy next week to satisfy one of those issues.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Aviak

Default Wheel of Time!

Currently reading the 5th book of Wheel of Time and an assortment of cookbooks. Mostly the cookbooks this week though, I've not had the attention span for a fantasy epic. >.<
Closed Thread