Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Kobold

Default Tried petitioning actually.

The reason for the title is that for the last three months I have been trying to reason with Amelinda in the petition forum and all i ever get is "Twoboxing is (direct cut and paste responses from amelinda in petion forums[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

**i will admit it was only about 90 seconds from when i summoned until when i banned which might have been a little fast. but when i banned the accounts... i was 100% sure of myself.

Boxing is a perma ban. Sorry for any inconvenience.

or;
I know what a big deal it would be/is to lose 1000's of hours worth of work in a moment.

or;

i know that it must really suck to lose your characters.

sigh.. after asking and complaining a few times in petitions Amelinda claims shes 100% sure of herself and no matter how much begging or cajoling i do, she will not change her mind.

Completely confused by now I ask for clarification and get a resonse that she watched me for days and days and days and she never saw two characters move at once from our accounts.
Knowing this was absolutely physically impossible as I explained before (and no offence to my GF lol but she nor my 7 year old son would have the skill or experience to 2 box)... i asked for clarification. Asked her(him?) to just name one other character that was "observed" for days and days that did not move.. just one.. i mean if she paid that close attention for such a long period of time i would suspect at least one char she was examining so closely would come to mind.

nothing. just.. my decision is final.

As i know that is completely impossible (unless lets say it was two traders in ec sitting there, lol i suppose that could be possible if me and gf were scanning prices or something at the same time.. but I double checked with GF and she said no.

Anyway.... the argument doesnt make sense anyway.. why would she watch for "days and days apparently 100% sure i was boxing the whole time.. then pull a couple traders in EC out to do this test.

If i was boxing as claimed why not pull the chracters that were apparently boxed at the time and do it then... at this point I was actually getting pretty mad and actually pretty stunned because as much as I don't like questioning nyones integrity..I knew "100%" that this person was flat out lying to me to, I can only assume, try and justify the ban that should not have happened in the first place. I did not want to get into a petty im right your right argument with this person, because apparently they had no qualms of spouting blunt face lies, so I just asked for any kind of proof, or memory of where i was apparently boxing, or any of the characters names.. or even a class for that matter, and there was no response at all other then a few days later with the "no amount of begging will change my mind.

Oddly, total and complete silence from any of the other guides/gms. I have met Uthgaar and so has GF, same with Rogaen, Uthgaar.. you 100% rezzed me and GF in MM twice on server lags and if we werent moving at the same time im sure you would have noticed, lol as if anyone scared me it was you... (lol remember you banned us once as a mistake but it was because me and my kid sold some guy a few bags of saved up CB belts, lol.

You investigated after my stuned post asking why we were banned.. you quickly figured it out and apologuised and reinstated the accounts. Very fair, level headed and professional.

All im asking for is th exact same thing again. To be treated fairly, to investigate the issue and make a level headed professional decision, not a

Im right dammit never mind the facts, Im right becuase I kniow I am~!.. proof?? I dont need no stinking proof!.... +++hold on let me grab a bit of salt here..++ (another quote from amelind;

"First of all i am deeply sorry that you are so stressed out about this"

Anyway, I am again starting to get upset. We are willing at any point to join a vent server and chat with the GM's.. heck we will even do a video call if you want, the three of us.

Considering it only took Uthgaar moments to bring out the code of the belt sales.. or to pull my rotted body from the air after I was late getting back from overseas "parade the brave crips" so called troop morale boosting events, isnt there a way you could just type in any of our characters names and see that we most definately almost always moved at the same time.. (I mean I suppose if me or GF or C were medding.. its possible for brief periods of time we werent moving.. but I mean its kind of hard to med if your running around like a chicken with its head cut off.. lol

I mean the two characters we played together the most were veiled my monk and Phury.. her drood. (both late 40's.. played in Sol a lot.. MM a lot..lguk a while..(anyone who was anywhere near raster for the few days I was there (jokingly complain the whole time in ooc on veiled and GF was easing me on Phury lol, is one of the more recent things I remember) There are definately lots of people that should be able to vouch for us lol im guessing not a lot bother with the boards.. in all honesty we never did much either except to click a banner before log in every time.

I mean one fast glance at a log of those two chars can vindicate us.

i do understand this is a private server as someone stated...we have zero power or recourse, and we get that, and are grateful to be able to play here.. Its just we havent heard from anyone but the person who banned us and cant provide any tick of supporting info of her claims... refuses to even accept we might be telling the truth here and maybe there might be the miniscule possibility that she might be human and a mistake might have been made..
I have nothing but respect for Uthgaar and Rogaen.. if they as well think that I am some mad one armed 2 boxer.. hell, Ill shut up.. go away and accept the decision out of respect for the fact they gave us the time on this server, and I know they would make a rational and honest decision on what they truely beleived..not some snap ban and refusal to accept any other reasoning then thier own.

Video Chat?

Ventrillo?

A quick glance at a server log? (I honestly have no idea if that would be easy or not, lol or if even possible, but if it is.. that allone would prove our point if checked in the last few "days and days" before our ban and it will show we most definately did move at the same time any time we were on together... heck check chat logs.. C didnt talk allot but me and my gf sure did in tells.. in grps together or with others.... unless I am a split personality.. 200 word a minute one handed typing phenomenon.. wouldnt that prove as well?
Old 10-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The problem with playing on a privately owned free to play server is that the customer service provided is 100% voluntary. If you become an annoyance in any way they can simply ban you, ignore you, and never look back. It seems to me that requesting an IP exemption is just begging to get banned. Even if you are 100% legit, if a GM sees 2 accounts on 1 IP and your spouse/kid/roommate happens to be afk it could be game over at any time. Perma ban. Decision final. Have a nice day!

Its too bad really, you seem like an OK dude and you obviously enjoyed and miss playing on P99 to go through all this trouble. Best of luck to your family in whatever you decide to do next, because you more than likely won't be playing here anymore.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Planar Protector

You should use this as an opportunity to teach your kid about accepting loss, also maybe quit crying about it and maybe don't tell him that it was his fault you got banned in the first place then maybe he won't feel guilty. How hard is it to really convince a 7 y/o kid of anything? Not that I buy any of your story anyway. I've got two good hands and I don't type as much as you do.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got two good hands and I don't type as much as you do.
^ thats a good point, but a imagine most ppl are thinking tl;dr either way
Old 10-13-2011, 05:34 AM
Banned

a slap on the wrist for people confirmed hacking
a ban without appeal for someone who might have been 2boxing

wat
Old 10-13-2011, 05:40 AM
Sarnak

If only he had been 365 boxing instead of just 2 boxing he might have just got a warning and lost some plat/exp
Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a slap on the wrist for people confirmed hacking
a ban without appeal for someone who might have been 2boxing
Bluebie Everquest is about jealousy. The more time you invest and the better you play and network, the better your gear. And that is the only scorecard in the game.

So for the uberest of the uber guilds to be confirmed hacked their way to the top, that completely breaks the game. Make the punishment fit the crime, and if you're going to be lenient to one group of players, be lenient to all or you come across as petty.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ thats a good point, but a imagine most ppl are thinking tl;dr either way
How is this a good point? Brevity has nothing to do with how many working arms/hands you have. Seriously?

I've never read so much drivel in my life. Half the posters on this thread make me doubt my faith in humanity, but "I have two hands and I type less, therefore you're lying" is over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Kobold

I know this family and they are pure bred boxers
Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

@Froog: One point that seemed to escape you in your last (long) post: It is absolutely not helping you in any way that you were clearly not boxing at *some* or even *many* time previously in the game. If someone used an IP excemption at a single instance to e.g. conveniently log on his roommates cleric for extra healing/rezzing/buffing whatever, then that is still boxing against the rules and deserves the ban.

I am not saying you did that, I would just like you to understand there is simply no point in appealing to others that can speak up for you to prove that your son/wife were playing their own toons at some time in the past.

However, I have had conversations with Amelinda and found her to be a bit quick with the ban hammer on *one* occasion (not myself), but generally friendly and it shouldn't be a problem to talk with her about things. What you quote above confirms that assessment more than the opposite.

So if you have not been able to sort this out in PMs / petition, maybe you made some mistakes in the process. This thread is not going to help you, I am afraid.

Best of luck!

Slozem
Closed Thread