Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe it's just because I play casters and the non-classic resist system benefits me, but I don't understand why this is such a big deal for everyone. A week ago in Guk I chain casted snares and roots on a blue con FoH cleric I think (Soda), and after 10+ casts all being resisted she was able to make it to zone and get out safe and sound. And once in OoT, I chased a Nihilum wizard around my level out, and he came back to nuke me down with ease after resisting 2 of my nukes. All I could land on him was Winged Death. After the fight we chatted for a bit, and he said he had put on his banked resist gear before coming back, which was why he resisted my nukes.

It seems pretty balanced for me: wizard lands stuff on druid without much resist gear, druid can't land stuff on resist geared wizard. I assume Soda had on some pretty big mr gear, and had resist buffs up.
Last edited by Faerie Blossom; 05-10-2013 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Here's the problem with your argument, there's tons of things about "Classic" that aren't great or optimal, but we stay the course because it's "Classic". If we want to start making this a custom server, why stop there?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the problem with your argument, there's tons of things about "Classic" that aren't great or optimal, but we stay the course because it's "Classic". If we want to start making this a custom server, why stop there?
This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, and I don't care about the classic vs. non-classic debacle.

Would classic resists be better for the server, or not? Am I missing something because I'm druid main?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, and I don't care about the classic vs. non-classic debacle.

Would classic resists be better for the server, or not? Am I missing something because I'm druid main?
Because CC spells landing only benefits zergers who attack people 6vs1. If you design the game so that CC spells land enough that they are worth casting in a 1vs1, then they will be horribly overpowered in every other scenario imaginable.

I told Null this 4000 times and he refuses to acknowledge it. He played a beastlord in PvP on EQ live and was mad because he couldn't land turgurs in PvP or something, so he tried to create the ultimate beastlord PvP server.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Would hybrid exp penalty be better for server or not?
Would faster exp be better for server or not?
Would t-staff nerf be better for server or not?
Would skean nerf be better for server or not?

could write like 100 more of these but my head hurts atm
Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would hybrid exp penalty be better for server or not?
Would faster exp be better for server or not?
Would t-staff nerf be better for server or not?
Would skean nerf be better for server or not?

could write like 100 more of these but my head hurts atm
None of those things really have anything to do with the topic at hand. We're not devs here, and we certainly cannot decide which changes will or will not reflect classic here. The fact is that in this one instance, we've been given an opportunity to play with a resist system that is better than classic. Since they've shown that they are willing to make non-classic changes in this one aspect, I think it would make more sense to discuss the pros and cons of various resist systems than to go any further with logical fallacies and black and white thinking that amounts to nothing useful.

We've been given an opportunity to discuss and potentially influence the way resists work; why would you want to limit yourself to only classic mechanics?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

I can't help if you're that thick. This is a classic server where literally every ounce of effort is put into making sure that even the capitalization of factions on faction messages are the same as they were in classic. We've been told numerous times about game breaking things such as t-staff "it's classic" but the most fundamental part of PVP, the resists is not. If you can't comprehend why this is perplexing to the playerbase and is inconsistent / nonsensical, I can't help you, especially since classic resists are a good thing, extend PVP, and allow for skill based PVP rather than number based PVP.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Fire Giant

So you bumped this old thread just to complain, and you have no interest in anything that might be productive? :/

Also, please don't call me thick.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

On the contrary, classic resists ARE productive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

any tweaking with resists just make sure root/snare/stun doesn't land , nukes in general needs to land, even at the rate it is going now casters are fucked and were not even in velious

what really needs a fix is zone plugging and /q tactics
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread