Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Banned

Man Luclin era was the first xpac that gave so much to casuals; raiders and general input in the game.

1. Focus Items.
2. AAs
3. Tradeskills
4. Amazing Quests 1 group quests
5. SSRA Temple was a fucking blast

In all Luclin was a great linear xpac.

PoP wasnt too bad either but I had dipped outta eq around that time.

Also:

What alot of people didnt realize what happened during the Luclin era the top 1-2 guilds focused hard on ssra/vt which meant lotta the classic/kunark mobs got left alone meaning all the small/middle sized guild had a chance to gear up epics,haste items etc. I dont know about blue99 if this would happen coz people tend to be clinically insane on these emulator servers when it comes to raiding. But if they released Luclin on this server it would br hugr for the pop and growth of the game.

Iirc its approx 300aas to get in luclin era?

What was that neck bit from Runneye called? I think it got mana prev 2 put on it which gave like 15% mana prev on spells up till level 40. Some shitty 3 int 3 wis neck item became one of the most farmed items ever lol.

All those extended buff focus' etc really made for extra depth on characters. At the end of PoP iirc you could get cleric buffs for up to 3+hrs in PoK and kei for like 2.5 hrs which made leveling amazing in the game.

Classic era was great fun, but Luclin+PoP really developed the game.

Also inbefore raiding sucked....most people didnt raid back in the day. Like 10-15% of a server raided. Was a huge culture of casuals/farmers/questers and adventures. For alot of people raiding was what hardcores did.
Last edited by Salahdin; 01-04-2017 at 06:31 PM..
Old 01-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Developer

I don't think sneak while fd should memblur.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forget. Are there chat channels on p99?
No there aren't. Was either a Luclin or PoP addition, I can't recall which :/.

Sneak shouldn't blur. Someone explained it in a monkey business post quoted just before this. It was used to determine if a blur occurred.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No there aren't. Was either a Luclin or PoP addition, I can't recall which :/.

Sneak shouldn't blur. Someone explained it in a monkey business post quoted just before this. It was used to determine if a blur occurred.
Yes. It makes more sense. That memblur part of code is a holdover from eqemu. No clue why its there either. Always thought it was wrong.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. It makes more sense. That memblur part of code is a holdover from eqemu. No clue why its there either. Always thought it was wrong.
I suspect what happened was the equemu people just used the pre-32 level code. When you FD on pre-32 mobs of course they always forget so you always get a blur and can sneak straight away.

32+ mobs totally diff story obviously.

Heres the info from Monkly Business:

Quote:
35th+ level mobs don't always clear your name on the taunt list when you FD. One way to double check if they are headed back after you (and you can not actually see them behind a wall or such) you can press the sneak button before you get up, when you get up, do a "c"on to see if they are indifferent. If they have their back toward you and had a sucessful FD blur, and they con indifferent, you know that guy fell for it!

Quote:
Autumn, what he said was sneak, then stand up from the feign and con the mob going back. If it's indiff, it memblurred. If it glares/scowls (assuming it's not an always scowls mob), it's time to hit the dirt.

I use this all the time. The sneak isn't memblurring you, the sneak is checking if you memblurred.

On lvl31- mobs (It's 32+ that don't always memblur, not 35), you can sneak and stand up as soon as they turn around to go back, saving you a little time.
Quote:
Think about it this way. Say you are pulling something through all the twists and turns of Guk and have to feign it. Well once it starts going back to its spawn point/wandering path it will get out of visual range. To test to see if it is memblurred if you stand and sneak, chances are you are behind the mob still, So if its memblurred, and you stand up sneaking it should con indifferent.

IF you stand up sneaking, and it scowls:

1) Its still aggro'd on you, and its coming back to beat the living snot out of you.

OR

2) Its facing you and has been blurred.

At least that is my take on the tactic.
Quote:
What this means for you is that when a mob has you on the hate list, they'll be scowls at your or threateningly, even while sneaking.

So when you FD and the mobs wander off, hit your sneak button. Then when you stand up con the mob, if it's indiff faction then you're not on his hate list. If it's scowls/threateningly then FD immediately, he'll still be running back.

In my experiences I've found that it works best after you FD, to FD 3 or 4 more times, whether or not you feel like hitting sneak during these is up to you, but re-sneak right before standing up. It seems to work best that way.
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ill-tips-Sneak
Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

PoP was the greatest expansion. I loved it. After that, not so much.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

I will admit, pop was fun. I only been super big on classic because I did not experience it as much as I'd have liked. The same goes for pop though and tbh, I didn't really experience much of Luclin at all. I feel there is still much classic for me to enjoy, but also wouldn't mind checking out some luclin or pop. That is why I am happy we have p99 reserved for classic and takp/p2002 for luclin/pop. Can have me classic in one hand a d luclin/pop in the other ^^
Old 01-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Luclin for P99 would make me so moist. I don't know how big of a task implementing AA's would be, but gee golly would that be fun.

Classic to me is Launch-->end of PoP. Pretty sure chat channels was Luclin.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Actually, while we are babbling about things that will never be on p99, if one stripped out the spires/books, and toned down the gear inflation, Luclin, PoP, even GoD, would be welcome additions, IMHO.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Never played GoD, I stopped at PoP. I would mostly like to see Archery Mastery, Endless Quiver, Slay Undead and elemental bows and crafted arrows ^^
Closed Thread