Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is really triggering.

If I was honest with the VA it would cost me big money and I would be put in a civilian hospital where some dumb lazy nurse ratchet would just do me harm..

Because for all the money the VA has they cannot actually do anything or have the facilities. Granted, I'm not a combat veteran. But, I have been down that road.

If you're a vet. Sign up. Get your money. Get your pension. Put it to good use. But, yeah. We still mess people up bad.

Hearing the suicide hotline b.s. every time I call them is extremely triggering to.
Yeah, every time someone shares the suicide hotline on facebook they tag me in it simply because of my Military service. My foreman also told me they had a meeting about suicides after two employees killed themselves and that my name came up as the next person to watch out for based solely on my veteran status.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on what you claim. Mental stuff is pretty ironclad but you can claim blownout ear drums and get a bump too. Knees and back are easily accepted.

Not trying to take a dim view of it. Lawyer will know how to navigate your case.
I probably won't ever do it, but one of my friends lost hearing in both of his ears from a roadside bomb going off during my first deployment. I actually thought he was faking, I really did... he had to wear these goofy hearing aid things.. which looked weird on a 19 year old.

I talked to him for the first time in 15 years recently on facebook and asked him if he still had to wear those things... implying that maybe he healed over time (because again, i always thought he was faking)... turns out he's now completely deaf and wasn't faking after all. I feel kind of bad, but I never outwardly accused him of faking... even though I think several of us talked about it behind his back and how it was bullshit that he got a purple heart for that... (someone else died in the explosion, so we saw it as insulting to that person)..
Old 04-10-2021, 11:48 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

idk what the ssd thing means, or why its separate from the va compensation, but thats pretty sick
Old 04-11-2021, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Here's what you do. This will be kinda fun and make you feel good.
Get yourself a stack of sticky notes, write on them "Yes, I am a stranger and I wanted you to have this. Have a nice day" Fold each 20 in half and put one of the sticky notes on it.
Then go around your town giving 20s to people.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:31 AM
Kobold

Can I have your stuff?
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 04-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's what you do. This will be kinda fun and make you feel good.
Get yourself a stack of sticky notes, write on them "Yes, I am a stranger and I wanted you to have this. Have a nice day" Fold each 20 in half and put one of the sticky notes on it.
Then go around your town giving 20s to people.
Can you do this, but with just the sticky notes?
Old 04-11-2021, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

They obviously wanted to pay you back. Keep the money or it's an insult.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I understand all your feelings, mate. But, this I live, and we can't do something about that. We also have to live and overcome some challenging situations. So you have to be strong in all. I try to overcome such feelings by gambling. When I play poker, I got very relaxed. You can also try this method of forgiving life problems. You can find on W88 the best poker rooms. Usually, I spend there 5-6 hours per day thinking of life problems and at the same time trying to win some money for the family. It's a good activity.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I understand all your feelings, mate. But, this I live, and we can't do something about that. We also have to live and overcome some challenging situations. So you have to be strong in all. I try to overcome such feelings by gambling. When I play poker, I got very relaxed. You can also try this method of forgiving life problems. You can find on W88 the best poker rooms. Usually, I spend there 5-6 hours per day thinking of life problems and at the same time trying to win some money for the family. It's a good activity.
Closed Thread