Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am pretty sure that it was your sample size, 10 casts isn't always going to reflect resist rate very well. I will be on later if you want to do it again with a larger sample size. I can assure you though that snare spells will -always- resist more an non-cc spells over time.
Is there some sort of chart of formula that is used to calculate this stuff that we could use to some advantage for testing?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am pretty sure that it was your sample size, 10 casts isn't always going to reflect resist rate very well. I will be on later if you want to do it again with a larger sample size. I can assure you though that snare spells will -always- resist more an non-cc spells over time.
I would like to try this later when I have time. I'll send you a message on IRC if I'm available for testing. I'd like to note though that it was only the mez spell for which I used a sample size of 10 - the sample sizes for the other spells were higher.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Flyinglotus 22 Necro

Benkei 20 Monk

remove the dynamic pvp system. Everything else is fine.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Banned

it wont need a promo video enough people are waiting
it will have 300+++ first few weeks

after that it will depend on the playerbase

and all this shit can be patched in as we go considering how slow the updates are coming

resists work fine and its been ready to go for a bit

winter release games are coming dudes , they are coming
Old 10-28-2011, 07:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there some sort of chart of formula that is used to calculate this stuff that we could use to some advantage for testing?
I can do you one better, ill try and package up my simulator and put it up here.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really have time to read through all the posts in the last couple weeks and sort through the bullshit.
Sorry big R, i've failed you as a Janitor of justice, i've been busy with random things and other lame exuses.

Anyhow here's my 5 cents:

Spell System - Generally Good / Bad? Any tweaks needed?

I've discussed the issues i've seen with Null, regarding the late end resistance. It seems like pure casters and other casters are having a hard time landing their big hitting nukes even when players have shit for resists. This worries me big time since once melees get gear they won't be able to be viable in pvp.

Null knows this and is working on something to help the late end game for casters but more testing is always welcome and please report your finds.

Dynamic PVP System - Since it's been working now.. Good / Bad?

Personally i was very excited by this system however playing around with it does seem it's to complex for simple gamers like us, and it feels like you need a manual to understand exactly how it works, i'm worried this system will discourage new players looking for the "classic experience" and don't wanna go deep to learn this custom system.

I think the angle VZTZ took vs young trainers/immortal healers/spies etc was a good one, simply have a -+8 level range and in the zones which are flagged as "raid zones" such as soldungb, permafrost, hate, fear etc are FFA without level range.

A more advance (maybe better) system would be if you somehow could code a invisible zone line type trigger that enabled ffa pvp when you're inside a specified "area" within a zone.

Lets say you code the area to start right after the fire giant bridge to flag all players for ffa beyond that area, and if you run out of the area the system will have a 30 seconds timer to "un flag" you from ffa pvp.

Other stuff i've noticed

Sitting Damage
Sitting should always allow the attacker to land max melee damage hits, at the current moment this doesn't work, it lands all attacks, but they are at random damage, not max.

Hybrid Mana Pools
SK/PALADIN (and the other hybrids) should get a increase in mana consumption since their mana per wis/int point is equal to a pure caster (client side). This increase is not working, at least not from what i could see.

Item Recharging
Recharging items might become an issue if items are to cheap to recharge. I'm supportive of a game mechanic that takes back the PP so the economics doesn't get fucked, but if recharging key items like golem wands, nuke wands etc is to cheap, it's going to mess up pvp.

Zone Plugging
Zone-plugging often ruins a perfectly even and good pvp fight simply because some basement dwellers ego is in jeopardy and he chooses to run for a zone line instead of fighting it out. Everyone is guilty of doing this, but if it was taken out you'd find more people sticking around to fight and the game will be more fun for everyone.

The argument against this is "omg what if i crashed or my ISP wen't down while i was zoning" and to that i say, tough luck. It's safe to say that 97% of the clients not responding on zone is actual zone-plugging.

--------------------------------------------------

Other notes the server is very stable and i've had a blast playing on it, it looks like it's going to be a good time once we go live.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
non-CC spells like Fufil's Curtailing Chant (bard dot) are resisting as much if not more than CC spells. There needs to be a distinction between these types of spells in terms of which ones resist more.
You also need to consider that Fufil's also has a built in resistance debuff. Even on live this made it slightly more difficult to land because of this. All spells that have two checks like a stun with damage have always been harder to land on targets. IIRC it was an all or nothing based system.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dontbrag - 50 Mage

Dynamic PVP System
- Great Idea Rogean and I like where you are going with it.. However, simply too flakey off and on and I think just making the Hotspots (Lower Guk, SolB etc... ) a FFA zone would remedy everything everyone is looking for and avoid alot of drama moving forward (and or negative feedback on changes to the custom Dynamic setup)

Kringe
FFA zones for Lowerguk, Sol B, Permafrost, Kedge Keep, Hate, Fear, Airplane,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFA zones for Lowerguk, Sol B, Permafrost, Kedge Keep, Hate, Fear, Airplane,
every post by you i see this.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dynamic PVP System - Since it's been working now.. Good / Bad?

Personally i was very excited by this system however playing around with it does seem it's to complex for simple gamers like us, and it feels like you need a manual to understand exactly how it works, i'm worried this system will discourage new players looking for the "classic experience" and don't wanna go deep to learn this custom system.

I think the angle VZTZ took vs young trainers/immortal healers/spies etc was a good one, simply have a -+8 level range and in the zones which are flagged as "raid zones" such as soldungb, permafrost, hate, fear etc are FFA without level range.

A more advance (maybe better) system would be if you somehow could code a invisible zone line type trigger that enabled ffa pvp when you're inside a specified "area" within a zone.

Zone Plugging
Zone-plugging often ruins a perfectly even and good pvp fight simply because some basement dwellers ego is in jeopardy and he chooses to run for a zone line instead of fighting it out. Everyone is guilty of doing this, but if it was taken out you'd find more people sticking around to fight and the game will be more fun for everyone.

The argument against this is "omg what if i crashed or my ISP wen't down while i was zoning" and to that i say, tough luck. It's safe to say that 97% of the clients not responding on zone is actual zone-plugging.

--------------------------------------------------
10-15min penalty for anyone that goes linkdead.

FFA raid zones and add in Lower guk for manastone geeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread