Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfi
With respect, you might be the one confused hehe. I can assure you, no sane member in A/A believes no other guild can kill a < 60 lvl mob, that can be slowed by 75% and has no aoe.
I don't know how else to view Daldaen's proposal. He specifically states that it would be an agreement between guilds that race for the statue, i.e. A/A, and that he doesn't want a rotation. As Detoxx says, there is no incentive for CSG etc to let that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx
I resent that...
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=250100 makes no mention of guilds that don't race for NTOV <shrug>

TLDR: A/A are the guilds currently maintaining the poopsocking 'competition' on the server, and it's unseemly to complain about the results of your own choices. I made the choice to leave the zerging and poopsocking (let's not kid ourselves and call this racing; you spend 16 hours socking vs 1 minute of racing. By that logic we would all refer to 'Trump's Hair' as a presidential candidate) behind for Rustle, and you don't see me complaining about my lack of Vulak loots in the past three months.

You hold this poopsock in your hands, AA. It's a valuable sock. Believe me! Don't destroy it, protect it. Embrace it. It's gonna make you proud one day, I promise you.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

wut

Dald's idea is to simply leave Statue alive while at the same time asking all guilds to respect the initial FTE of whichever guild acquired it. This would come with a grace period to 'schedule' when you would down Statue since AoW despawns after an hour thusly you have to basically plan an AoW raid more so than Statue.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, we can do the respect fte for 24 hours but if all of us don't agree it means nothing and I don't see any reason why csg or rustle would. That and the issue of fte lockout if he's on a raid day.
Why would CSG or Rustle not agree to it? A 24 hour timer on Statue would benefit all guilds because they can leave it up until a time when they will be able to muster and adequately prepare enough force to kill AoW, no matter who. The purpose is to stop wasting AoWs that pop at retarded hours. You still get to kill Statue whenever you want, whether that means immediately after you FTE or 23 hours from that time. If you want to kill Statue without the means to attempt AoW immediately afterwards, that's on you and it's whatever - but at least you had the option to wait.

The lock-in on raid days is the only sticking point I could imagine with this, but it's possible that Sirken could be asked to back a player-made agreement about that, just as he has done with ToV agreements, as long as all parties are on board with it.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know how else to view Daldaen's proposal. He specifically states that it would be an agreement between guilds that race for the statue, i.e. A/A, and that he doesn't want a rotation. As Detoxx says, there is no incentive for CSG etc to let that happen.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=250100 makes no mention of guilds that don't race for NTOV <shrug>

TLDR: A/A are the guilds currently maintaining the poopsocking 'competition' on the server, and it's unseemly to complain about the results of your own choices. I made the choice to leave the zerging and poopsocking (let's not kid ourselves and call this racing; you spend 16 hours socking vs 1 minute of racing. By that logic we would all refer to 'Trump's Hair' as a presidential candidate) behind for Rustle, and you don't see me complaining about my lack of Vulak loots in the past three months.

You hold this poopsock in your hands, AA. It's a valuable sock. Believe me! Don't destroy it, protect it. Embrace it. It's gonna make you proud one day, I promise you.
I think your anger is misdirected Raev, and you clearly don't understand the intent of the 24 hours. It's not a slight at guilds not named A/A, it's to make it easier for any guild, even CSG and Rustle (imagine that!) to kill a super dumb mob that always seems to spawn at super dumb hours.
Last edited by Joyelle; 09-08-2016 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: engrish
Old 09-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see how you can possibly think that I'm mad after reading a post where I just said I was content with my choices. I am a bit rustled that no one got my Scent of a Woman reference, though.

I am simply saying that in my opinion CSG, Rustle, Venerate have no incentive to agree to this because we seldom poopsock raid targets, ergo we pay the price of the agreement by leaving statue up, but receive none of the benefits. Of course, I am just a peon; maybe the leadership sees things differently.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

What price exactly are you paying? Less overall Statues over the course of the calendar year that none of those entities are currently contesting while the server gains more AoW loots which could be the result of a a co-raid that one of those guilds scores due to the Statue FTE that became more appetizing to track for now that AoW is always in play?
Last edited by Erati; 09-08-2016 at 03:29 PM..
Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how you can possibly think that I'm mad after reading a post where I just said I was content with my choices. I am a bit rustled that no one got my Scent of a Woman reference, though.

I am simply saying that in my opinion CSG, Rustle, Venerate have no incentive to agree to this because we seldom poopsock raid targets, ergo we pay the price of the agreement by leaving statue up, but receive none of the benefits. Of course, I am just a peon; maybe the leadership sees things differently.
What does poopsocking raid targets have to do with it? What we're saying is the guild with Statue FTE gets 24 hours. If you don't race for Statue how else are you going to kill it anyway under the current ruleset unless you're strictly waiting for vulture kills?
Old 09-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Eratani: Since the whole point of the agreement would be to allow guilds to kill AOW in their prime times, I don't see why either guild would need to ask for help.

Halliel: Interestingly, humans don't think that way. There is a famous psychological experiment here: two players were given a sum of money. The first player got to divide it among them, and the second player could either accept or reject this division, in which case both players got nothing. A purely rational second player will take any nonzero amount of money, since it's better than nothing. But most people rejected anything substantially less than 50/50. This actually makes a good deal of sense, since in most cases these kind of scenarios are repetitive and holding out means the next time the divider will have an incentive to offer more.

TLDR: In my humble opinion, you guys are nuts to think that the non-poopsocking guilds will leave a pixel pinata like the Statue up without significant concessions on your part. But, I'm just a peon. Why don't you try asking the leadership? Maybe they see it your way.
Last edited by Raev; 09-08-2016 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: because lecture
Old 09-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

So Rustle, Venerate and CSG only wait until they are asked for help on AoW? I see CSG has gotten a few KT FTEs, how is Statue FTEing any different?

And i'm not sure why it got brought up in this thread but I think we already intended to talk to the other leaders to see what they thought.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

The vast majority of people who want to poopsock (sorry, I refuse to use safe space words like race and FTE) raid mobs are in A/A.

I really find your position here quite baffling, which I guess was the source of my original comment. Anyway, I'm off to cook and hit the gym. Never fear, I'll troll you next week!
Closed Thread