Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering this server is such a low pop server (anything under 1k) that high end guilds should have a max number of players. as is server pop from what I've seen has been around 240-380 max. With one guild nearly controlling end game content and not everyone wanting to join this one guild it should be split up. I hate to say it but with a server that has such a limp population no guild should have half of the server pop in it, not a third, nor a quarter.
A guild tag is little more than convenience when raiding.

Limiting the number of tags per guild would only cause alternate guilds of the same players to form up.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the end game pve raiding scene:

I have a pending proposal for all management and staff to review. If all goes well, you will have news about it soon. Ultimately I would like to have a raid scene in which competition still exists, but that competition isn't solely based on time spent waiting.
Lovely to hear, although I disagree that the raid scene should have competition. EQ grew to market dominance rapidly because of PvE, not PvP (and competing versus other players for content = PvP, even if you aren't killing them).

If players have the force to do the content, they shouldn't have to wait; but they also shouldn't get to do the same raid content over and over and over again.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lovely to hear, although I disagree that the raid scene should have competition. EQ grew to market dominance rapidly because of PvE, not PvP (and competing versus other players for content = PvP, even if you aren't killing them).

If players have the force to do the content, they shouldn't have to wait; but they also shouldn't get to do the same raid content over and over and over again.
So forced rotation?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

it's summer time...some people actually like to see the sun, ya know?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree that the raid scene should have competition. EQ grew to market dominance rapidly because of PvE, not PvP (and competing versus other players for content = PvP, even if you aren't killing them).
You think EQ grew because there was shit to kill and not because there was competition to kill the shit? And that competition to kill the shit is PvP?

There is so much wrong with every part of your logic that I don't know where to begin.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the end game pve raiding scene:

I have a pending proposal for all management and staff to review. If all goes well, you will have news about it soon. Ultimately I would like to have a raid scene in which competition still exists, but that competition isn't solely based on time spent waiting.
Curious.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

Seems more people are playing today early day time than at peek times during night this past week,and the forums are booming with less trolling. I think it goes hand in hand.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems more people are playing today early day time than at peek times during night this past week,and the forums are booming with less trolling. I think it goes hand in hand.
Might be a temporary surge, hope not though.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One day's worth of data or "observance" is not noteworthy
Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have noticed the population as well.
Closed Thread