Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol gotta love posts by uniformed noobs
Hit me with some knowledge then sh!t bum - why is this item worthy of 100k - 140k price tag

Lots of salad and not much meat in this thread
Old 05-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

You're trying to troll people into giving you pro-strats. Please stop teaching or otherwise giving these DPS monks advice so we can laugh at them forever. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Very fringe example, but eyes are helpful for pulling the spectral knights area in KC to the hands camp. Saves a lot of running around, and adds 5 more level 50 mobs that can be easily pulled without need for a key or similar shenanigans.

I've also regularly found myself hammering off eyes on my wizard (not beads though).

I don't play a good monk or necro though, so I have no idea how to get even 5k of value out of these things.

Whats the efficiency of reclaim energy? This thread has made me want to get my baby magician a clay bracelet so I can weave eye of zomm with reclaim energy for infinite mana. Why would a magician want to use a real pet anyway? :P
Old 05-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hit me with some knowledge then sh!t bum - why is this item worthy of 100k - 140k price tag
Because of the supply / demand.

Also people use them to proc avatar all the time.

If you are happy with stalking probes - by all means, use the probes.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

The EC manipulation is funny to watch. At least with beads, pendants, etc are limited to a set number with no possibility of future supply, unlike 99% of other items in this game that should only go down in price, but somehow get manipulated up.

A recent example, although it's a lot cheaper item, is Spider Fur belt. It was a ~1k item for months, now suddenly it's 3-4k. Did the demand suddenly skyrocket? Nope. Did the drop rate get nerfed? Nope. It was just some guy spamming "WTS spider fur belt 3k" everyday until other people followed suit, then the same guy started with "WTS spider fur belt 5k" auctions.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe it simply was an undervalued item? Then people realized that it's a very decent twink belt that isn't that trivial to loot?
Old 05-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it simply was an undervalued item? Then people realized that it's a very decent twink belt that isn't that trivial to loot?
40hp on a belt slot with 0.1wt... sounds like 3-5k to me
Old 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

I wish I had farmed these when I had the chance. I guess I just never wanted to be 'that guy'. But the fat plat you can get from the pre-nerf is bonkers. Them and torpor are utterly ridiculous in price.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

op is mad loser who doesnt have a bead per alt
Old 05-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The EC manipulation is funny to watch. At least with beads, pendants, etc are limited to a set number with no possibility of future supply, unlike 99% of other items in this game that should only go down in price, but somehow get manipulated up.

A recent example, although it's a lot cheaper item, is Spider Fur belt. It was a ~1k item for months, now suddenly it's 3-4k. Did the demand suddenly skyrocket? Nope. Did the drop rate get nerfed? Nope. It was just some guy spamming "WTS spider fur belt 3k" everyday until other people followed suit, then the same guy started with "WTS spider fur belt 5k" auctions.

The flaw with your logic is there is constantly more and more plat being pumped into players every minute the server is up. People never lose plat over time unless they constantly make very very bad trade deals. The average amount of plat or items worth plat any player has always only goes up. So people can get away with charging more.
Closed Thread