Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default The Deru' Plan C discussion

reading the responses from most of the 'B' guilds it seems clear they have no desire to compete, push forward, strive to be better and advance. They just want mobs handed to them, they will only think of their handed mobs, no thought of working and striving forward and upward... Nope just gimmy my rotation mobs k thanks drive through

they only look at their given on a plate number of mobs, not 'oh if we use the advantages worked in the system we can advance and grow our guild!'

their reason why all this 'CHANGE' needed to happen is because they can't compete or do anything they need help! They get offered help, and they say the truth...not help, handouts are wanted...and now seemingly demanded.

its kind of sad...

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

I foresee this ending well.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Allow me to remind you of your said "competition" and why we refuse to participate in it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid Scene
It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?

A lot of you make fun of it in your own terms, but it really does come down to fighting over very old content.

Either way, we're tired of the constant bickering, the training, the ninja looting, and all the other bullshit that's going on.
TMO/FE/IB can now have all the cut-throat competition amongst each other that they've always wanted. Or is that not sounding good anymore?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reading the responses from most of the 'B' guilds it seems clear they have no desire to compete, push forward, strive to be better and advance. They just want mobs handed to them, they will only think of their handed mobs, no thought of working and striving forward and upward... Nope just gimmy my rotation mobs k thanks drive through

they only look at their given on a plate number of mobs, not 'oh if we use the advantages worked in the system we can advance and grow our guild!'

their reason why all this 'CHANGE' needed to happen is because they can't compete or do anything they need help! They get offered help, and they say the truth...not help, handouts are wanted...and now seemingly demanded.

its kind of sad...
The reason the change needs to happen has been stated by Rogean already. The staff is tired of dealing with the CSR crap between the "A" guilds. You're crying for competition on a game thats been beat over and over for the past 14 years in a number a variations. If you want competition go find a more competitive sport than sitting on your ass at all hours of the day watching track.

Staff has stated the need for change not the "B" guilds. Hence the suspension if no agreement.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Must be interesting to live in a world where everything is black and white, and you're either competing on the level where you're shitting in socks and waking up at 5am, or you're collecting handouts.

Also, I have always landed on the hardcore side of the casual vs. hardcore debate. I wish you could understand how fucked up it is that the "hardcore" position is too untenable even for me-- I haven't showered in weeks.
Last edited by Lune; 01-02-2014 at 11:08 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Xadion how about you and TMO attempt to set a group record for polesitting? I'm pretty sure you'd be good at it . . . not that anyone would care, which is also how we feel about your 'competition'.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Planar Protector

This thread smacks of Pixel Insecurity. I've seen this before. It's an all too common consequence of whiling the best years of your life striving to slay the dragon.

Xadion, what you've accomplished here will always have meaning. Nothing will ever change that.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allow me to remind you of your said "competition" and why we refuse to participate in it:

TMO/FE/IB can now have all the cut-throat competition amongst each other that they've always wanted. Or is that not sounding good anymore?
Correct...
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Let me ask you why you need to compete on a emulated server of a 14 year old game? Do you not have enough competition in your life? I mean do you want a medal for beating 14 year old content for years on a server with 1k people on it usually? If your enjoy "competing" in p99 i really just feel sad for you.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

The Simple Plan

The solution to all the servers raid problems in one sentence.
Closed Thread